• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Don't Use Imgur

57785664.jpg

22111733.jpg
]

Sethos

Banned
How's the game? Good SP content?

Well, it has campaigns for both sides ( Russia / Germany ) in native and English language. Probably the meat of the game and they should be fairly lengthy but I haven't given them a go. Lacks some individual SP scenarios.

Meat is obviously in the hallmark ArmA editor, millions of quick scenarios to be had there - Where I spent most of my time.

But overall it feels good, few issues here and there but I can get my WW2 buzz.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Took forever to settle on what character setup to play as.

iFdJMBMC1gEt1.png

I thought this room was pretty cool.

ijnH0WewYLBw3.png

Hard to tell from this but it has you flying through a city.

derFeef

Dirt Showdown, 4xmsaa ingame, downsampled from 1600p. Looks great except the heavy motion blur, but I only notice it on the screenshots really.

75a5bc8d.jpg

0de59548.jpg

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
This looks waaay better than I remember on my old PC.

ib1tgXA7zwva1C.png

Forgot to snap during the electric field effect for extra pizazz.

ibyUDEMx4HBnu6.png

Well, that got the door open but fuuuuuuuuu

Bonus from Jedi Academy: Thanks, ASSHOLE!

I remember needing to mess around with the window and resolution multiplication awhile before shadows came out properly. Now the only problem is that it occasionally slows down because of the sound, but it's not bad. In Digital Devil Saga it's almost constant in the first area so I haven't bothered playing through on emulator to find out if it gets better (Edit: Just tried more past that area, it runs great) Nocturne runs great.

Only real issue is that it may run 60fps in hardware but the gameplay is locked at 30fps. Also remember these games use this old PS2 motion blur effect for some reason (a cover for framerate issues? It's also in GTA3)...

ibtEjKJLz8vfWa.png

But they have style out the ass so it's completely worth it. SMT best RPGs evarrrrrr!

It iscalled screen accumulation motionblur or something. It is basically todays TAA, aka, looks terrible really

dLMN8R

Holy Alan Wake looks good.

So if I want to put my GTX 680 to best use, using the NVIDIA Control Panel doesn't seem to get my the highest-quality AA. For older games, is super-sampling the best way to do AA, where it's simply rendering at a higher resolution and then down-scaling? How would I go about enabling that?

Top Bottom