• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Don't Use Imgur

IoCaster

A couple Skyrim screens. Just vanilla with no post process injectors going on.

exploring2.png

skyrimvista.png

Moved to new page.

dr_rus

Decided to replay Mafia for some reason. A great example of how far we've managed to go graphically during the last ten years.

game2012-01-0906-20-414qgv.jpg

game2012-01-0906-20-5c4qtk.jpg

dr_rus

game2012-01-0906-26-490qr5.jpg

game2012-01-0906-30-04ipjz.jpg

Unlimited draw distance mod still makes the game nearly unplayable. "Cumdal" code works much better though (I wish someone would find a way to "force" it so I wouldn't have to type it in every minute).

Nope, hovering around 30 fps in the city, and 40-50 inside buildings. And this is with physX and dx11 off ( then again I never turn on dx11 anyway ).

Though rendering the game at 5120x2880 really squeezes my gpus dry. Funnily enough, even with only 1gb of vram I don't run out of it even at that res ( aka vram bottleneck stuttering is absent ).

I'm only running 1080p so I can have everything cranked up with 8xMSAA and it goes fine, but I want to do something about the shader aliasing.

Do you have nvidia? Have you tried forcing different kinds of external aa?

Yeah, I tried 4x SGSSAA and I wasn't hugely impressed given the amount of performance cost. Best I've had might well be 8xMSAA + SMAA.

I just want something to tone down that trade mark UE3 shader aliasing.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Yeah, I tried 4x SGSSAA and I wasn't hugely impressed given the amount of performance cost. Best I've had might well be 8xMSAA + SMAA.

I just want something to tone down that trade mark UE3 shader aliasing.

I haven't tried SGSSAA, since ( for once ) I found SSAA to be working perfectly out the gate.

Try these bits : 0x000010C1 and pick 2x2 SSAA and only that. ( ofc make sure all flags and stuff are turned off but if you tried sgssaa you've already turned them off ).

If you think the performance cost is hefty, and you ask me, I'd turn off dx11 ( dx11 cost more performance for me for some bloody bumps on a branch/tree trunk than what rendering the game at 5120 x 2880, that is 7 times the pixel density of 1080p does, which is a testament to how shitty the dx11 features and their implementation in AC are imo) and bump physX down to normal if you haven't already.

I haven't tried SGSSAA, since ( for once ) I found SSAA to be working perfectly out the gate.

Try these bits : 0x000010C1 and pick 2x2 SSAA and only that. ( ofc make sure all flags and stuff are turned off but if you tried sgssaa you've already turned them off ).

If you think the performance cost is hefty, and you ask me, I'd turn off dx11 ( dx11 cost more performance for me for some bloody bumps on a branch/tree trunk than what rendering the game at 5120 x 2880, that is 7 times the pixel density of 1080p does, which is a testament to how shitty the dx11 features and their implementation in AC is imo) and bump physX down to normal if you haven't already.

Yeah, I'm already going DX9 and normal Physx. I'll be interested to try 2x2 SSAA laters.

Fitz

Some really nice Skyrim shots recently, but the water is really ruined by the way it meets land, it looks so unnatural.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
If I'd marry L0st Id3ntity, would I be able to watch all of the screenshots he takes? Winner of this thread. Winner of all threads.

If you think the performance cost is hefty, and you ask me, I'd turn off dx11 ( dx11 cost more performance for me for some bloody bumps on a branch/tree trunk than what rendering the game at 5120 x 2880, that is 7 times the pixel density of 1080p does, which is a testament to how shitty the dx11 features and their implementation in AC are imo) and bump physX down to normal if you haven't already.

Well I'm a retard, looks like I didn't have SGSSAA enabled last time. Now I do thanks to your compatibility bits!

Batman: AC

1080p w/ 4xSGSSAA

ir6Yt63skgvNg.png

iLP9KwYl8cuUp.png

Well I'm a retard, looks like I didn't have SGSSAA enabled last time. Now I do thanks to your compatibility bits!

Batman: AC

1080p w/ 4xSGSSAA

ir6Yt63skgvNg.png

iLP9KwYl8cuUp.png

Oh god... If SGSSAA really is working, turn on negative LOD bias! -1.0000 is what you need. Those screens look really smeared.

I don't know if new AA compatibility bits came about, but I didn't get SGSSAA working for Arkham City. It was broken. But then again, I haven't messed with the game for over a month.

Well there ya go ;)! Looking as smooth as they come. ( don't forget to enable 4xmsaa for your sgssaa to work )

Yup, got -1.000 negative LOD too. Still runs pretty damn good too! Mostly 60fps.

Oh god... If SGSSAA really is working, turn on negative LOD bias! -1.0000 is what you need. Those screens look really smeared.

I don't know if new AA compatibility bits came about, but I didn't get SGSSAA working for Arkham City. It was broken. But then again, I haven't messed with the game for over a month.

Ya, am using negative LOD of -1.000. Think I should up it to -1.500? Second picture is blurred due to the some DoF blur that is applied when Batman does something fancy I think.

In one of his finest trolls ever, Peter Molyneux hid Mass Effect 3 inside Fable 3:

003.png

004.png

Back to using in-game FXAA since any forced stuff other than the 60fps fix just kills the framerate.

KKRT00

Those who like Titan Quest, owe it to themselves to check out the Underlord mod after playing through the game once. It plays like a expansion, and really adds to game.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/underlord/downloads

And Lilith of course :)
http://www.titanquest.net/tq-forum/threads/11603-Lilith-The-Will-of-Demon-Battles-of-Jalavia

Lilith 1.1 comes with:

17 navigation portals
+666 customized creatures **
+250 monstrous bosses **
+33 quests to accomplish **
+45 NPC et merchants
+15 000 words of dialogues, quests and names
+110 mysterious, great and dangerous, adventures areas **
+Dozen of immersing musics
+40 Respoints for faster navigation throughout the continent **
+70 levels at the end of legendary mode **
+150 hours of play
+2800 work hours **

==
What's new?

- A more complex campaign
- Lot of long new quests
- A game fully accessible for a level one (highly recommended)
- A game who match all players, as well a Casual gamer as a Hardcore players (or more) with a system of "Difficulty-Changer" **
- A powerful system allowing a fast travel
- A significant increase of the Jalavia's size
- Over-abundance of new challenging Bosses

- Lot of new creatures and graphic elements
- 100% custom creatures and some extremely customized!
- Optimizations and modifications in existing areas
- More loot and outstanding rewards after some quests
- Many original spells' monster
- Numerous new ambient sound, music or sound effect

- A clear display of quests, text and dialogs
- A full normalization and visibility of creature's resistance
- New nice panoramas and amazing landscapes
- A new mysterious zone
- Many secret paths
- More unforgettable epic battles!

- A full balance of all difficulties!
- A very, very long game!
- Countless changes between difficulties!
- An enjoyable rhythm of progression between levels
- More changing events between games
- A very high progression of your avatar

- A very nice and hard challenge for high Level players
- Fully multiplayer
- A stronger feeling of liberty
- Available in English, in French, in German and in Italian! **

Top Bottom