• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Don't Use Imgur

legacyzero

Banned
iqWeYaoh6Vncs.png

iba6ctsN2gv8t0.png

iNvid02

@legacy, one of your shots is bigger than the other one

last dishonored shots, not technically pretty but i love the art style. was having doubts about just that before launch. weird

dishonored20121023213ncjqa.png

dishonored20121023213m3jbq.png

antitrop

$60 for a game is something I drop very very rarely.

Even $30 for MOH because of owning Premium isn't enough because I don't even have BF3 installed right now (waiting for a new gfx card first)
As I said before, finances are relative!

I choose to make sacrifices in other areas of entertainment to make room for games, my hobby of choice, so $60 for MoH is fine for my gaming budget. Even if the game sucks, it's a drop in the bucket, I won't mind it too much. Maybe I smoke 5 cigarettes a day instead of 10 for a while to make up the difference, I mean whatever.

Another staple of this gen (and probably next) - bland ass "desert", "wartorn" and "swamp" maps. You could tell me this was BC2, BF3 or MW3 and i'd believe you.

legacyzero

Banned
Well, it certainly LOOKS better than what I thought it would as far as MP goes.

I made the mistake of playing the beta on 360. It was nauseating.

Tess3ract

Banned
As I said before, finances are relative!

I choose to make sacrifices in other areas of entertainment to make room for games, my hobby of choice, so $60 for MoH is fine for my gaming budget. Even if the game sucks, it's a drop in the bucket, I won't mind it too much. Maybe I smoke 5 cigarettes a day instead of 10 for a while to make up the difference, I mean whatever.
I only just recently (like less than 2 weeks ago) bought an i5 3570k and a new mobo/ram and I still have a hd4890 so high high quality gaming is far away from something I've been able to do.

What good is buying a game if I can't play it at max settings?

antitrop

Well, it certainly LOOKS better than what I thought it would as far as MP goes.

I made the mistake of playing the beta on 360. It was nauseating.
I'm a PC gamer, but I think there was a day 1 HD texture pack for consoles.

I only just recently (like less than 2 weeks ago) bought an i5 3570k and a new mobo/ram and I still have a hd4890 so high high quality gaming is far away from something I've been able to do.

What good is buying a game if I can't play it at max settings?
Frostbite 2 scales very well to lower hardware PCs, surprisingly. When Battlefield 3 came out I wasn't even nearly on the level of hardware that I am now (I made a huge investment in a gaming PC earlier in the year) and I was able to play that max'd out at 1080p. It's a good engine, you may be surprised what you can get out of it on your "meager" hardware.

Tess3ract

Banned
I played a ton of BF3 but I could only play it on low on my Phenom II x3 720 @ 3.5 with my hd4890 @ 1920x1200

and even then...30fps tops. Not enough.

Vitor711

Playing through Blur......is this game supposed to be this hard?
Im getting my ass kicked.

ibqFGHV1vjODTN.png

Beautiful looking game though I feel bad it didnt sell well.
iWMN2Xr0cQxj.png

Yeah, it's pretty rough going. I also never got a proper feel for the handling also, it's so different between the classes that I just didn't get comfortable switching constantly.

A damned shame publishers decided to be idiots and release this at the same time as Split/Second. They butchered each other's sales. I can't believe people thought they were different enough to attract different buyers...

Still bummed out that never got a sequel and never will. Split/Second was a gorgeous game too. Fantastic post-processing and generally a notch above Blur visually.

RedSwirl

I don't think I've actually been able to tell it to opt out of beta yet. I can't get to the command for it in the settings fast enough before Steam crashes.

Wrong thread.

Tess3ract

Banned
I don't think I've actually been able to tell it to opt out of beta yet. I can't get to the command for it in the settings fast enough before Steam crashes.
Make a shortcut to steam. In that after the "steam.exe" put -clearbeta at the end of that.

You're welcome.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
MOH artistically looks like ass. Huge disappointment coming from the first one which made great use of color-grading.

The weapon models look like shit from top to bottom. Seriously embarrassing.

I couldn't quite put my finger on what I most disliked about MOH, but I think i've got it - the HUD. It's butt ugly. The font, and the boxes around it, the icons, the crosshair. The game may even look better without it.

Dewoh

Neo Member
Based on the screen shots either 90% of Medal of Honor Warfighter takes place in a rainy shipping area, or everyone plays the first couple missions and quits.

Wanny

I didn't say it was looking bad. They just overdo stuff while they could go for a much more realistic look... If Dragon Age 3 (frostbite 2) ends up with lens flares, glares, water droplets and dust filter in my face I think I'm going nuts for while. Asylum might be the only solution. It seems that it is only happening in that rain scene tho.

fallout32012-10-2410-o4s6r.png

fallout32012-10-2410-udz7w.png

Top Bottom