• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Don't Use Imgur

iNvid02

fallout32012-10-2421-2xof2.png
fallout32012-10-2518-iwrjw.png

nice shots, always feel like replaying it when i see it but i've already played the shit out of it, and just cant be bothered to go through gfwl, patches, mods etc again.

but im gonna quote em for the new page otherwise no one is gonna see them

thought this was crysis 3 for a second, its crazy what a bit of green can do

i-Lo

To the gentleman posting Fallout 3 Sweet FX mod pictures:

May I make a request for screen shots from Canterbury Commons, specifically that round about just outside the town (where the traders show up) overlooking the great landscape of the wasteland? It is one of most hauntingly beautiful places to be.

Also, thank you in advance.

Is this the same game Zyrusticae posts?
Jesus PC gaming is so good.....the game looks so different compared to Zys shots, im actually somewhat temped by these shots.
You know, this is getting kind of tiresome. I get that you (and others) don't like my shots, but you don't have to make jabs at me every time someone else posts GW2 shots. -_-

By the way... I'm still posting.

Screenshot509754.png

Screenshot609239.png

GrizzNKev

Banned
I think your shots look cool but I would never actually play the game like that. As pictures, they're fine, but I don't think they serve what this thread is meant for.

legacyzero

Banned
You know, this is getting kind of tiresome. I get that you (and others) don't like my shots, but you don't have to make jabs at me every time someone else posts GW2 shots. -_-

I dont think people are taking jabs at you by saying that somebody elses shots are of higher quality than yours, seeing as your basically 1 of the...what.... THREE people or so that post GW2 shots here?

And since you post the most GW2 shots, yours are pretty much the comparison. And I've stated my opinion on your shots already (that they are excessively blurry). Constructive criticism if anything.
I think your shots look cool but I would never actually play the game like that. As pictures, they're fine, but I don't think they serve what this thread is meant for.

I dont think people are taking jabs at you by saying that somebody elses shots are of higher quality than yours, seeing as your basically 1 of the...what.... THREE people or so that post GW2 shots here?

And since you post the most GW2 shots, yours are pretty much the comparison. And I've stated my opinion on your shots already (that they are excessively blurry). Constructive criticism if anything.
That's nice, but I already made a compromise and there's no need to mention my name... like... at all.

I got the message, and I've had enough. That's all there is to it. There's a point where "constructive criticism" just stops being constructive, especially when the recipient is no longer being receptive to criticism.

Funny, because I play the game just fine with these settings. I really don't think they qualify for art shot status unless I've actually taken them at unplayable settings (but that's just my opinion, obv).

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not

Take no offense buddy, but seriously i never really bothered with GW2, your shots were pretty much the only gauge i had for the game, so naturally when i see the game look vastly different and (IMO) much better, i will point it out.

Ive done this with people who post BF3(no color grading), SGSSAA with no LOD bias and other games which have been modded....if you like the way the game looks go for it, but i dont think you should take offense if someone namely me(im nobody) prefers the way someone else takes shots.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Zyr, please don't be discouraged. I like your GW2 shots.

That's nice, but I already made a compromise and there's no need to mention my name... like... at all.

I got the message, and I've had enough. That's all there is to it. There's a point where "constructive criticism" just stops being constructive, especially when the recipient is no longer being receptive to criticism.

Funny, because I play the game just fine with these settings. I really don't think they qualify for art shot status unless I've actually taken them at unplayable settings (but that's just my opinion, obv).
I enjoy your posts. Don't stop.

Take no offense buddy, but seriously i never really bothered with GW2, your shots were pretty much the only gauge i had for the game, so naturally when i see the game look vastly different and (IMO) much better, i will point it out.

Ive done this with people who post BF3(no color grading), SGSSAA with no LOD bias and other games which have been modded....if you like the way the game looks go for it, but i dont think you should take offense if someone namely me(im nobody) prefers the way someone else takes shots.
Fair enough.

It just wears down on me after I see it coming from so many people, and the fact that it never quite seems to stop... even after I improve the clarity of my shots. Yeah, pretty discouraging, that.

Zyr, please don't be discouraged. I like your GW2 shots.
I enjoy your posts. Don't stop.

Thanks, guys. I appreciate it. Have another!

Screenshot386203.png

Spazznid

Screenshot509754.png

Screenshot609239.png

Fuck em.
I love your shots.

EDIT

Also here's some shots of the awesome Halloween event that's going on...

iK8so2EOV15Y9.png

ibrbrsSBuL9F0o.png

GrizzNKev

Banned

I didn't mean for you to be discouraged, sorry if you took it that way. I don't mind your screenshots at all, I think they're cool. I'm just saying why you shouldn't be surprised at people complaining frequently. Just keep posting, nobody can stop you just because they don't like your pictures.

Wanny

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, but what is this SweetFX I see people talking about all the time?

Just a tool that can be used to adjust contrast, gamma, colors, sharpening, fake HDR, bloom, SMAA, etc. It uses a bunch of shaders. You can see it as a light ENB that is much more easy to use. It can add a lot of life to old titles and it doesn't cost any performance at all.

I'm personally using it in fallout 3 to adjust colors close to real life and to mimic a sunny feeling while keeping interiors and night time dark and keeping IQ as clean as possible.

I seriously do not believe that radiation would cause everything to turn all yellow or all green.

fallout32012-10-2520-e0yzv.png

fallout32012-10-2520-w0la4.png

i-Lo

To the gentleman posting Fallout 3 Sweet FX mod pictures:

May I make a request for screen shots from Canterbury Commons, specifically that round about just outside the town (where the traders show up) overlooking the great landscape of the wasteland? It is one of most hauntingly beautiful places to be.

Also, thank you in advance.

Just reiterating my request. Thanks.

All that time Natural Selection 2 spent creating their own engine when they could have done it easily in UE3..

Except for the part where it is all done in lua code and uses rendering techniques that even UE3 doesnt use. (Spark is fully deferred and fully dynamic: no baking and lots of lights. UE 3.0 at the time definitely was not and still isnt really)

Also that supports such complex game AI in mutiplayer.

And...

Believe me... their decision to continue with Spark and use it has been incredible. The engine is a monster at what it does. This is even not including upgrades they are making to it post 1.0

Also the game is silly easy to mod. Garys mod easy

Except for the part where it is all done in lua code and uses rendering techniques that even UE3 doesnt use.

Also that supports such complex game AI in mutiplayer.

And...

Believe me... their decision to continue with Spark and use it has been incredible. The engine is a monster at what it does. This is even not inluding upgrades they are making to it post 1.0

Also the game is silly easy to mod. Garys mod easy

I'm really impressed by NS2's image quality and the way its assets are of a consistent quality and seem to come together well. Valve-esque in that respect.

iNvid02

I'm sorry but you have the game looking quite terrible.

there isnt a set quality standard here. his shots are in line with the thread rules so hes not doing anything wrong.

everyone plays different games, at different resolutions with different settings. like he said before, its not constructive criticism anymore, people are just piling on him.

---
tldr: leave zyrus alone!

leeeaave_187139060.jpg

Top Bottom