• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Don't Use Imgur

Tokubetsu

OMG, The Witcher 2 is so beautiful *weeps*

You went into the beta thread I'm assuming? hehehe. It's beyond beating a a dead horse by now, we've had those complaints for ~2 years now and we've agreed it's too late for Blizzard to change and use the Source Engine instead :p

You're such a magnificent troll.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Dr. Light what on earth are you running? Did you recently drop 3 grand or something?

Moaradin

OMG, The Witcher 2 is so beautiful *weeps*

You went into the beta thread I'm assuming? hehehe. It's beyond beating a a dead horse by now, we've had those complaints for ~2 years now and we've agreed it's too late for Blizzard to change and use the Source Engine instead :p

I went into the beta thread, said I enjoyed the game for the most part but thought it looked ugly and I got jumped haha.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Lost Planet

ibqHFCqBRRCErL.png

ilPpLDN7ZzfyJ.png

Dice

Still tempted to get Lost Planet, even though it has some real pain-in-the-ass-sounding stuff.

Dice

I like how Torchlight tried to make a more cartoony style to differentiate from Diablo but then...

It would be easier to accept the new art-style if they hadn't also used it as an excuse to make everything low poly and low detail textures. They undermine everything they're attempting here.

Hell even the lighting is underwhelming it seems.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
It would be easier to accept the new art-style if they hadn't also used it as an excuse to make everything low poly and low detail textures.

*my best movietrailerguy voice*

"In a place, where noone had invented the circle... octagonal shapes ruled the world. Summer 2012"

Desaan

Yeah, you fucking sniper! Shoot me in the legs will you eh? You're gonna have to do better that!

*2 Screenshots later*

Yep, that'll do it.

i might have to get sniper later on.

Diablo has no fucking excuse to not use dynamic shadowing on everything. it would make the game look so much better.

Durante

Wow, Diablo 3 still looks just as ugly as it did when the first screenshots appeared and I couldn't believe how ugly it was :/

I guess I have an entitlement problem!

inky

It's a super low res looking game only saved by the mostly good art direction, what's not to get? Whatever, not the thread for this...

Diablo 3 still looking great, people still not getting it. All's right in the PC screenshot thread world.

Pretty effing much.

I get it, they've spent over a decade making a game that has all geometric and texture detail of an upresed PS2 game with poorly optimised performance to boot. "But Laboured!", I hear you cry "They've clearly designed it to look like an upresed PS2 game! That's its art style! Isn't it great?". You'll probably be unsurprised that I find this an unpersuasive viewpoint.

I'm not offended by it's 'cartoony' art style, I'm offended that it looks like it was purpose built to run on an iPad/Console despite the insane amounts of time and resources pumped into it.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I get it, they've spent over a decade making a game that has all geometric and texture detail of an upresed PS2 game with poorly optimised performance to boot. "But Laboured!", I hear you cry "They've clearly designed it to look like an upresed PS2 game! That's its art style! Isn't it great?". You'll probably be unsurprised that I find this an unpersuasive viewpoint.

I'm not offended by it's 'cartoony' art style, I'm offended that it looks like it was purpose built to run on an iPad/Console despite the insane amounts of time and resources pumped into it.

Lordy, you're really 'offended' by the fact that Blizzard decided to make a product that doesn't validate your decision to buy a powerful PC?

I'm frankly thrilled by the fact that Blizzard decided to make a game that I can play on my MBP. And I'm even more thrilled by how great it looks.

Top Bottom