• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 Major League Soccer |OT| THIS LEAGUE IS RELEVANT!

Askani

z50f82691655b561f68.gif

Only 30 minutes to go!

Askani

lol

Garber having to tell people to be respectful like he's taking to a Middle School. They need a better class of people in there.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Of course Lalas would be a fan of what Chivas is trying to do. He is always the voice of the bad opinion just for the sake of it.

Hieberrr

THANK YOU! Someone agrees with me about the old DPs at TFC!

TFC #3: Kyle Bekker. Good shit, they finally have someone who is capable in the midfield. I hope Nelson doesn't fuck this up, SMH.

Of course Lalas would be a fan of what Chivas is trying to do. He is always the voice of the bad opinion just for the sake of it.
Yeah, he supports racism in football that Vergara is pushing. Awful and a fucking disgrace of an organization. Vergara needs to be forced out. Farm team to the "parent" club.

Meier

Woohoo, a local Austin kid went to the Whitecaps (Kekuta Manneh) with the 4th pick. Played here in HS and then for our PDL team here the Austin Aztex.

Meier

Cool, another Aztex player went 8th. Blake Smith to the Montreal Impact.

Edit: Dillon Powers went 11th to the Rapids. All 3 Aztex players were snapped up already!

Askani

So is TFC actually going to make both their picks in the first round or just shift draft positions? lol

They're scooping up that allocation money though. Maybe they want to sign some kind of a rock star player.

Hieberrr

FFS MTL, you picked a guy with no real position? O____O Y U DOING THIS TO ME
LLShC.gif
. At least TFC made some progress :)

Anyways, TFC drafting some good players restored some of my faith in the team.

Nesotenso

No kidding! I didn't hear about that yet.

Also, decent pick with Mikey Lopez. I'm happy with it. After losing Cesar and Espinoza and getting Feilhaber, I think it's a good thing.

yeah just read about the Jersey sponsor. Hopefully we someone gets the naming rights to the stadium as well.

Askani

yeah just read about the Jersey sponsor. Hopefully we someone gets the naming rights to the stadium as well.

I'm not aware of what the going rate for jersey sponsorship is but, judging from the draft commentator's reactions, it's apparently alot for that kind of a deal. So I definitely agree, it would be nice if they cashed in on the stadium naming too.

Hieberrr

I'm not aware of what the going rate for jersey sponsorship is but, judging from the draft commentator's reactions, it's apparently alot for that kind of a deal. So I definitely agree, it would be nice if they cashed in on the stadium naming too.

Something about $2 million per year (no idea how long though).

Also, I just realized TFC got exactly who they wanted + allocation money. Payne knows what he's doing (so far) :O

Hieberrr

Good to see TFC played back on the training grounds. As much as I try, I can't hate on my hometown team haha.

Let's go preseason!

GRW810

Ian Christianson to RBNY. Hope this helps our midfield.
Petke is speaking highly of him. Glad to hear the club talking about long-term prospects of a draft pick. Too many wasted picks (or wasted potential) in the likes of da Luz, Chinn, Garcia and Rooney. Petke is speaking about Christianson learning from, and deputising for, Dax McCarty.

Red Bulls linked with Nigel Reo-Coker today, and very heavily so, on both sides of the Atlantic. Would be a good move for us if we get him on non-DP salary. Playing him alongside Dax in a 4-2-3-1, with Cahill, Juninho and Sam/Espindola behind Henry, would make for an excellent side.

Still need another winger or two on the roster, and the coaching staff need to settle on a first choice GK between Meara and Robles, and a DF (I'd root for Pearce-Holg-Olave-Barklage) and work very, very heavily on defence. We've been dreadful at conceding goals for as long as I can remember.

GRW810

wouldn't that make it harder to play for England ? Does he want to play in Brazil in 2014 ?
I've been wondering this. He still gets picked for our national team and hasn't voiced any intention to retire. But moving out of England is usually a nail in the coffin for international selection. Yet at the same time, every single rumour, opinion and indication from fans, pundits and even his own camp suggests the move to Galaxy is inevitable.

Shame, because the Red Bulls were linked strongly with him last year.

FootballFan

Ryan Nelsen to join TFC on Feb. 1

Thank god. I didn't want to imagine this team without a head coach for half of the season.

Awesome, he is definitely getting slow now.

He has been a fantastic captain for the All Whites(NZ national team) and all his coaches/fellow pro's only talk about how hard he works and how professional he is.

I can see him succeeding as a coach too, and I hope he does.

Redknapp didn't want to let him go but it looks like he has to now. Good luck :)

Meier

Saw a Philadelphia Union shirt earlier today.. man, I love their kit. Very sharp. This is pretty cool news on my front:

MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT: Orlando City and Sporting Kansas City are proud to announce a two-year partnership, with the Lions becoming the official USL PRO affiliate of Sporting!

Full Release: http://bit.ly/XAoZFP
USL PRO/MLS Release: http://bit.ly/W0Kymr
ORLANDO, Fla.—Orlando City (USL PRO) and Sporting Kansas City (Major League Soccer) are proud to announce a two-year partnership on Wednesday, with the Lions becoming the official USL PRO affiliate of Sporting KC. The landmark agreement made by the two clubs kicks off an important stepping stone in the U.S. soccer pyramid, with MLS reserve players to be integrated into USL PRO play beginning in 2013.

“We are excited to begin our partnership with one of the greatest MLS brands, Sporting KC,” said Orlando City President Phil Rawlins. “We believe the integration of USL and MLS will go down as an important day in the history of the American soccer pyramid.”

Starting with an announcement earlier today via the two leagues, MLS teams now have the chance to partner with USL PRO clubs. As an official affiliate, Orlando City will retain a minimum of four Sporting KC players for development throughout the USL PRO regular season. Those players would then get playing time, in preparation to be called up by their MLS club. The four reserve players Sporting will send to Orlando for the 2013 season have not yet been announced.
252638_478997528825207_453825772_n.jpg

The partnership is only for 2 years.. hopefully that is because Orlando City will be in MLS in 2015. :)

Top Bottom