• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
:(

Should be an interesting offseason for the Magic. Very, very interesting.

This thread is still kinda slow. Hopefully the Heat just finish off the Knicks already.

pilonv1

why didn't anyone tell me about this thread.

Also while I approve of this thread topic I still prefer "I tanked the 2011-12 NBA season and all I have to show for it is this lousy Perry Jones III".

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

Also while I approve of this thread topic I still prefer "I tanked the 2011-12 NBA season and all I have to show for it is this lousy Perry Jones III".

lol

pilonv1

http://www.nba.com/2012/news/featur...ng-tip-10-things-for-the-offseason/index.html

3. I wonder if Michael Jordan would reach out to Mike D'Antoni.

With the Bobcats a multiple-year rebuilding program, the only way they'll be competitive in the next few seasons is to outscore people. And the talent that they do have in house -- Kemba Walker, D.J. Augustin, Gerald Henderson -- is suited for an up-tempo attack.

Enter D'Antoni, who'll surely have other, better options (like if the Clippers were to part ways with Vinny Del Negro after the playoffs. I don't have any evidence that that is even being contemplated after VDN quelled speculation about his job security with a strong regular season finish, but this is Donald Sterling we're talking about, after all). But after three-plus years in the meat grinder of Gotham, could D'Antoni be ready for a change of lifestyle -- and expectations? In Phoenix and New York, fans expected those teams to ultimately compete for titles. No one has such delusions in the Queen City. But they'd like to be entertained at least.

The Knicks' personnel made no sense for D'Antoni's style, and yet, when Jeremy Lin came on the scene and gave New York a capable point guard, it all came together -- for a while, anyway. Walker has potential as well.

It's hard to imagine D'Antoni would go to such a place, unless he got an absurd amount of money, control and time to turn it around. But after a history-making 7-59 season, the Bobcats need someone who'll encourage them, make coming to the arena a positive thing. D'Antoni makes basketball fun. In Charlotte, a franchise that is flatlined and not in the city's consciousness, that's going to have to do for a while.

lol

Nori Chan

OKdMw.jpg

5vu2J.jpg

thekad

Banned
The more I watch Anthony Davis, the more I think he'll have a big impact in his rookie year. Might even turn the Bobcats into a 30 win team.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
So the Magic and Nets could agree and complete on a Dwight Howard trade in a little under 90 minutes.

DO IT OTIS. DO IT BEFORE THEY FIRE YOU.

Branduil

So the Magic and Nets could agree and complete on a Dwight Howard trade in a little under 90 minutes.

DO IT OTIS. DO IT BEFORE THEY FIRE YOU.

Not really possible with the number of expiring contracts New Jersey has. You can only trade players who won't be free agents this coming offseason.

Plus there's no way Orlando will trade with the Nets if the Nets don't even have their pick.

Drummond fits better though. A tanking team could sell themselves on Jones since he looks like Chris Bosh if they're viewing the game drunk and he's playing a completely overmatched team in garbage time. Drummond's inability to come close to making free throws or layups is harder to swallow, especially since he could go in the top 5, lol.

pilonv1

Drummond fits better though. A tanking team could sell themselves on Jones since he looks like Chris Bosh if they're viewing the game drunk and he's playing a completely overmatched team in garbage time. Drummond's inability to come close to making free throws or layups is harder to swallow, especially since he could go in the top 5, lol.

Depends what their floor is. Jones could be like emo-Odom this year. Drummond could be Kwame. Which one is worse?

The more I watch Anthony Davis, the more I think he'll have a big impact in his rookie year. Might even turn the Bobcats into a 30 win team.

never seen him play but i heard analysts say that he can turn any team in a 50+ win team. is he THAT good?

pilonv1

never seen him play but i heard analysts say that he can turn any team in a 50+ win team. is he THAT good?

No, he's not Duncan. If you put him on a team like say Milwaukee, they'd win 50+. He'd probably get a team like the Wizards to 40 but I think anything more than 20+ wins is ridiculous for one player alone to make up.

Bobcats have too many holes to get to 50 with him alone anyway.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
yal don't understand the loser bros context

you have to break a record to be one of the loser bros

bobcats - worst winning %
knicks - longest playoff losing streak
mavs - "we dont give a fuck" award

Jarlaxle

Marcin Gortat for Dirk

Brandy finally gets his man

Where can I sign for this?

Our entire offseason hinges on Nash. If he's gone, trade everyone for draft picks and get ready to tank, tank, tank.

If he decides to stay we probably sign someone like Ray Allen or OJ Mayo and try for a splash next offseason when there's more available talent.

I can also see us signing Austin Rivers with the 13th pick. Plan the parade.

Canuck76

Banned

Yeah. I do want the Blazers to take Drum (kid's knees look absolutely solid) and i think his layups and post game will get better but geez man. Those free throws. He can develop a solid hook over a couple years but he's going to need some coaching with those ft's.

Even if he is a bust i don't think there's any possible way he's a Kwame level legendary bust. If anything at worst kid is going to be Deandre jordan.

Yeah. I do want the Blazers to take Drum (kid's knees look absolutely solid) and i think his layups and post game will get better but geez man. Those free throws. He can develop a solid hook over a couple years but he's going to need some coaching with those ft's.

Even if he is a bust i don't think there's any possible way he's a Kwame level legendary bust. If anything at worst kid is going to be Deandre jordan.

Drummond's jumphook is the worst thing ever.

Nori Chan

yal don't understand the loser bros context

you have to break a record to be one of the loser bros

bobcats - worst winning %
knicks - longest playoff losing streak
mavs - "we dont give a fuck" award

jazz - fuck yo lottery pick clown
magic - dwight howard or stan van gundy

thekad

Banned
Warriors should trade their pick for Iggy or Granger. Bogut by himself jumps them 10 spots in the Association defensively. Add Iguodala and that'll be a scary team: Curry/Fugly/Iggy/Lee/Bogut. That looks like a Top 4 seed.

Branduil

Warriors should trade their pick for Iggy or Granger. Bogut by himself jumps them 10 spots in the Association defensively. Add Iguodala and that'll be a scary team: Curry/Fugly/Iggy/Lee/Bogut. That looks like a Top 4 seed.

The warriors are moving to the eastern conference?

pilonv1

If healthy they'd be in the playoffs. Can't see the Pacers doing it though. Warriors front office want some backup for Lee/Bogut first instead of a wing player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom