• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alrix

NY has the right to match any offer I believe, and I can see them trying to use the "need to sign other players" card on Lin (Fields, who he's friends with). I honestly don't think unless they drastically lowball him he would demand more money, no one really knows his ceiling/floor. He's basically the equivalent of an promising young player off his rookie contract, w/o the volume of games played. And considering the huge Asian market in NY I don't see him wanting to leave.

I will say that Landry shouldn't get any more than $1.5 million, if he gets that. He hurt himself bad the last 2 weeks

Toney is signed already, so unless they trade him he's going to be here. I'd stay away from Jeffries, Jorts makes him redundant somewhat. Use that money to sign Novak. Smith is gone, some team is going to overpay him at $7+ million a year.
Kinda agree about jeffries. Harrelson showed some promise this year imo. also slightly interested to see if jerome jordan can improve and be chandler's backup next year.

Also jr is probably gone, if we can get old toney back he can be our 6th man in jr's spot, right?

Lin/?
Shump/Douglas
Melo/Fields/Novak
Amare/Jorts
Chandler/Jordan

I imagine our roster looking something like that, but who knows if jordan, harrelson ave douglas can improve to the point that they should be in an nba rotation. Backup pg is another mystery. (nash for vets min plz)

Gabyskra

Banned
Kinda agree about jeffries. Harrelson showed some promise this year imo. also slightly interested to see if jerome jordan can improve and be chandler's backup next year.

Also jr is probably gone, if we can get old toney back he can be our 6th man in jr's spot, right?

Lin/?
Shump/Douglas
Melo/Fields/Novak
Amare/Jorts
Chandler/Jordan

I imagine our roster looking something like that, but who knows if jordan, harrelson ave douglas can improve to the point that they should be in an nba rotation. Backup pg is another mystery. (nash for vets min plz)

I love Josh Harrellson. He's tough, he can give you minutes at the 4 and the 5, he has skills (can shoot the ball decently)... I would make him a 26 minutes a game player. Have him behind Amare and Tyson, play with either.

Jeremy Lin 34
Iman Shumpert 32
Carmelo Anthony 36
Amare Stoudemire 32
Tyson Chandler 34
--
Toney Douglas 14
Landry Fields 20
Josh Harrellson 26
Steve Novak 12

approx.

A man can dream. I guess I'll do it in NBA 2K.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

Lin/?
Shump/Douglas
Melo/Fields/Novak
Amare/Jorts
Chandler/Jordan

Nash is a 100000000x better PG than Lin is...

Judderman

drawer by drawer

U6n0p.png

Welcome to the loser-bro hut.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
*Kicks feet up* Our seats are reserved!!!! The Boozer Defense Force has OFFICIALLY arrived!

220px-Carlos_Boozer.jpg

We're not going anywhere. Amnesty us if you want to, but the money is still our's!

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
lol at columbus wanting a expansion team. fuck them, give Pittsburgh a team!

I could see that happening..

Only if Skiles was the coach, because that just fits in my world..

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Do all the bulls fans agree that the current roster can't win chip?

Agreed. Built for the regular season. Consolidate some of that talent. Get a secondary scorer/ball handler.

I will not be pleased if this team doesn't get reconstructed.

bionic77

God I hate this coach and team.

Fire everyone and start over. Let Kobe go to Chicago where he can erase the horrible memory of Jordan and get to7 rings with DRose and Noah, while simultaneously LeBron and co.

Derrick01

Banned
Do all the bulls fans agree that the current roster can't win chip?

Yes. They all seem to get awful when the playoffs start in the last 2 years. Deng had probably his best game yesterday but he's normally Boozer-like when the playoffs start, and Rip was doing great at the end of the season and all of a sudden he's going 9-20 (trying to make up for losing Rose :p) and Boozer just...I don't know what happens to him. He comes off as a total pussy mentally when he can't even get his usual 15 and 10.

They're also too injury prone. Deng is always hurt and this year we had the guard issues while last year it was noah and boozer that couldn't get on the court together until the playoffs.

Yes. They all seem to get awful when the playoffs start in the last 2 years. Deng had probably his best game yesterday but he's normally Boozer-like when the playoffs start, and Rip was doing great at the end of the season and all of a sudden he's going 9-20 (trying to make up for losing Rose :p) and Boozer just...I don't know what happens to him. He comes off as a total pussy mentally when he can't even get his usual 15 and 10.

They're also too injury prone. Deng is always hurt and this year we had the guard issues while last year it was noah and boozer that couldn't get on the court together until the playoffs.
Your medical/training staff sucks.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
MagicInsider
Hearing whispers that Mike D'Antoni would be very interested in a vacant Magic coaching job.

If this is a package deal that includes Nash, I support it 100%. Otherwise eh no thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom