• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

etiolate

Banned
dummies.png

stevelarge_cbs13 ‏ @largesteven
Maloof Private Eye (an ex FBI agent) is calling Sac Business Owners to ask about forgeries on letter sent to NBA Commissioner Stern.

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2012...e-investigates-business-owners-letter-to-nba/

Maloofs in the running for Douchebags of the Year.

So Knicks are going to actively shop for a vet point guard with Lin, interestingly enough depending on who they get it hasn't been set in stone that Lin would be the starter.

Knicks have the $1.4 and the $2 million exception, and according to sources they should be able to get a good deal since the CBA will prevent many teams from going after players and most teams already have a starting PG.

I'm checking ESPN and these are all the PGs/combo PGs I can find whose names have been thrown about, including a few I put in for giggles:

D.J. Augustin, Charlotte Bobcats – $3.2 million – Restricted ($4.4 million Qualifying Offer)
Chauncey Billups, L.A. Clippers – $2.0 million – Unrestricted (LOL)
Raymond Felton, Portland Trail Blazers – $7.6 million – Unrestricted
Jonny Flynn, Portland Trail Blazers – $3.4 million – Unrestricted
Derek Fisher, Oklahoma City Thunder – $3.4 million – Unrestricted (LOL)
Sundiata Gaines, Brooklyn Nets – $0.9 million – Unrestricted
Kirk Hinrich, Atlanta Hawks – $8.0 million – Unrestricted
Tracy McGrady, Atlanta Hawks – $1.3 million – Unrestricted
Gary Neal - can't find salary info.
Jannero Pargo, Atlanta Hawks – $1.1 million – Unrestricted
A.J. Price, Indiana Pacers – $0.9 million – Unrestricted
Ramon Sessions, L.A. Lakers – $4.3 million – Player Option ($4.6 million)
Delonte West, Dallas Mavericks – $1.1 million – Unrestricted

Also, I just realized Landry Fields made only $800,000 last season... he'll take $1-1.2 million and shut the fuck up.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Knicks had their chance at DJ.

No way he leaves for only those puny exceptions.

Funny enough I think the guy that would really help this Knicks roster will be drafted around the spot where they would be drafting this year.

That guy is Kendall Marshall. He is a pass first point guard with solid handles and very good court vision. If he was paired with Jeremy Lin they would have a nice set of point guards.

I want Andre Miller.
lol, pipe dream.
Funny enough I think the guy that would really help this Knicks roster will be drafted around the spot where they would be drafting this year.

That guy is Kendall Marshall. He is a pass first point guard with solid handles and very good court vision. If he was paired with Jeremy Lin they would have a nice set of point guards.
I'm tired of small PGs, I want a guy who can play some semblace of D and is at least 6'3 at PG.
Delonte future.
Yo I respect a defensive-oriented crazy PG. And STAT and Carmelo can't really say shit to him because you don't want to be around Delonte when he snaps.

Plus can you imagine the Delonte-LeBron's mom rumors in NY?
Knicks ain't getting anybody but Felton for that kind of money.
Knicks have alot of options in FA, remember there literally no market for these guys. There are alot more A and B-tier guys I didn't list (Andre Miller, Jameer Nelson, Steve Nash, Jason Kidd, etc.) because they'll be snapped up.

Marshall is 6'4 and his D is probably the best NY has seen at that position in years.

*does quick Google/YouTube on Kendall Marshall*

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Kendall-Marshall-5095/

NBADraftExpress said:
Marshall had a superb season in Chapel Hill by many standards, which can be evidenced by looking at his statistical accomplishments in relation to the rest of our database. It's no secret that Marshall's game centers heavily around his fantastic abilities passing the ball, which look even more impressive when you view them in a historical context.

Marshall's 10.7 assists per 40 minutes game adjusted this season rank the highest of any player in the history of our database (which goes back to 2001/2002). He's also #1 all-time in Pure Point Ratio by a large margin, while his 3.51 Assist-Turnover Ratio ranks 3rd all-time..

When looking at Marshall's game from an NBA perspective, his passing ability is clearly his greatest selling point, and it's hard to overstate how good of a passer he is and how great a feel he has for managing a game.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz1uh2GobNG
http://www.draftexpress.com
sweet-jesus.gif

well I have my 1st guy on the list to submit to Tommy Dee!

diehard

Fleer
Marshall will not be there at #15 and i promise you that.

because someone will jump Golden State, and the Jazz will take him at 8.

waitaminute, he's projected in the 1st round. The only pick the Knicks have (barring buying a pick) is the #18 pick in the second round. How are the Knicks supposed to draft Marshall exactly?

diehard

Fleer
waitaminute, he's projected in the 1st round. The only pick the Knicks have (barring buying a pick) is the #18 pick in the second round. How are the Knicks supposed to draft Marshall exactly?

um they arent, he said where the Knicks would have been picking.

how the hell did you not know you didnt have a first round pick? at this point you don't have one more often than you do.

um they arent, he said where the Knicks would have been picking.

how the hell did you not know you didnt have a first round pick? at this point you don't have one more often than you do.
I know they didn't have a 1st rounder. It sounded like he said Marshall would be at where the Knicks were at, which is the 2nd round. No qualifier was listed.
prayers and wet dreams
IN GLEN GRUNWALD/ALLAN HOUSTON I TRUST.

Can't be broken up about a guy I had no knowledge of. I haven't even started my draft focus yet, when I do it'll be interesting to see what the Knicks do. They've had some good success in the 2nd round the last few years.

EDIT: Let me just say when the Bobcats wind up with a pick not in the Top 3, it's over for you. Don't show up on GAF anymore because I will RIDE YOUR SHIT. Most historic tankjob in the history and you don't get Top 3? Karma's coming for you Dy.

pilonv1

So Knicks are going to actively shop for a vet point guard with Lin, interestingly enough depending on who they get it hasn't been set in stone that Lin would be the starter.

Knicks have the $1.4 and the $2 million exception, and according to sources they should be able to get a good deal since the CBA will prevent many teams from going after players and most teams already have a starting PG.

I'm checking ESPN and these are all the PGs/combo PGs I can find whose names have been thrown about, including a few I put in for giggles:

D.J. Augustin, Charlotte Bobcats – $3.2 million – Restricted ($4.4 million Qualifying Offer)
Chauncey Billups, L.A. Clippers – $2.0 million – Unrestricted (LOL)
Raymond Felton, Portland Trail Blazers – $7.6 million – Unrestricted
Jonny Flynn, Portland Trail Blazers – $3.4 million – Unrestricted
Derek Fisher, Oklahoma City Thunder – $3.4 million – Unrestricted (LOL)
Sundiata Gaines, Brooklyn Nets – $0.9 million – Unrestricted
Kirk Hinrich, Atlanta Hawks – $8.0 million – Unrestricted
Tracy McGrady, Atlanta Hawks – $1.3 million – Unrestricted
Gary Neal - can't find salary info.
Jannero Pargo, Atlanta Hawks – $1.1 million – Unrestricted
A.J. Price, Indiana Pacers – $0.9 million – Unrestricted
Ramon Sessions, L.A. Lakers – $4.3 million – Player Option ($4.6 million)
Delonte West, Dallas Mavericks – $1.1 million – Unrestricted

Also, I just realized Landry Fields made only $800,000 last season... he'll take $1-1.2 million and shut the fuck up.

You missed one

Nate-Robinson.jpg

masud

Banned
We have the non-tax MLE available.

Nashty is ours.

Lol sure he is...

I want Delonte for backcourt depth but he's not a one*. I say we draft someone at 48 and hope he pans out l, if not then raid the d league.

*You don't need a real point to run the triangle anyway....

linsivvi

Knicks age, here's somebody you once cut but you can have him back. He is not a small guard and has experience with the triangle. He's got championship experience too. Seems like a perfect fit.

sun_yue1.jpg

JoeFu

Banned
So because the Mavs actually a pick in the teens for the first time in a long time, who is this Terrance Ross guy that draftexpress is projecting they pick at 17?

So because the Mavs actually a pick in the teens for the first time in a long time, who is this Terrance Ross guy that draftexpress is projecting they pick at 17?

He's pretty damn good. He's a slasher that scores in volume and that's exactly what the Mavs need. Then they need to get rid of Terry.

JoeFu

Banned
He's pretty damn good. He's a slasher that scores in volume and that's exactly what the Mavs need. Then they need to get rid of Terry.

Looking at the mock draft they have up, it's mostly all bigs, surely someone would pick Ross up before 17 if he's that good?

They probably won't resign Terry, so yeah he's gone.

Looking at the mock draft they have up, it's mostly all bigs, surely someone would pick Ross up before 17 if he's that good?

They probably won't resign Terry, so yeah he's gone.

You have to understand that bigs are valued more in the draft. Teams will take a mediocre big over a good wing player in a heartbeat. The C position is bad in the NBA and the PF isn't much better when you consider that two of the best PFs (Blake Griffin and Amare) don't even rebound.

JoeFu

Banned
Haha yeah I'm always lost when it comes to the draft because I cannot watch college ball. I know bigs are overvalued. Just hope Ross actually falls to the Mavs.

Sorry Grizz, really bad injury luck this year.

edit: PF is a stacked position, C isn't really doing any worse than SG or arguably SF, the bigs in this draft aren't overvalued.

jjasper

If I see Hollins on the street I think I might punch him in the throat. Dude needs to figure out what the fuck he is doing. Such a terrible job coaching his series. Getting outcoached by VDN should earn you an automatic firing. That isn't even getting into forcing the front office to trade away your backup PG without a replacement and the other bullshit you pulled this year.

salty? Insinuating Nate Robinson is a decent PG should be a bannable offense. I ain't part of any of you or your shit, the team I root for actually graduated out of the Shameball Classic games and made the playoffs.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
salty? Insinuating Nate Robinson is a decent PG should be a bannable offense. I ain't part of any of you or your shit, the team I root for actually graduated out of the Shameball Classic games and made the playoffs.

but you lost to the bobcats

we are nakama

lol like making the playoffs in the East as a 7th seed isn't shameful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom