• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.
I youtubed Lil Deb.

After 20 minutes of surfing through gangsta white girl hell I'm convinced this is the way the world ends. Not with a bang, but with Kreayshawn.

My undoubted team is the Bulls and I have watched through thick and thin. I've suffered through Dickey Simpkins, Rusty LaRue, Marcus Fizer, Brent Barry, Eddy Curry, Dalibor Bagaric, AJ Guyton, and countless other Bulls players. I'm faithful and I'll always be faithful.
Bulls great Eddie Robinson. Also happy birthday.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Still laughing about Kobe saying that this team would beat the Dream Team... lol

They wouldnt even beat the 2nd Olympic team..

Nor the 94 Fiba team...

Still laughing about Kobe saying that this team would beat the Dream Team... lol

Nor the 94 Fiba team...

Still laughing about someone in the world seriously thinking Chandler would be able to defend David Robinson.

In other news, Timmy had this to say about the Thunder:

“Usually, I can’t stand watching a minute of the Finals,” he said, “but this time I was so curious to see how Oklahoma City would do.

“I have to say it was a little disappointing watching some of the guys who played so well against us struggle against the Heat.”

Cloudy

Banned

Nor the 94 Fiba team...

I think Kobe's right. Besides MJ, who did that team have on the perimeter as good as the top guys on the 2012 team? Dream Team had better bigs but they would get run outta the gym

I think Kobe's right. Besides MJ, who did that team have on the perimeter as good as the top guys on the 2012 team? Dream Team had better bigs but they would get run outta the gym

You mean other than Pippen and Magic right? Right?

I would laugh so hard watching CP3 trying to check Magic in the post.

Cloudy

Banned
You mean other than Pippen and Magic right? Right?

You mean the same Magic who'd been out of the league for a year? Fine put Pippen and MJ on Kobe/Bron/Durant who guards the other guy? And what happens at PG? Magic/Mullin/Stockton on CP3/Deron/Westbrook. What a joke lol

And we haven't even mentioned Melo who's been the best international player on the team for a decade now

linsivvi

You mean the same Magic who'd been out of the league for a year? Fine put Pippen and MJ on Kobe/Bron/Durant who guards the other guy? And what happens at PG? Magic/Mullin/Stockton on CP3/Deron/Westbrook. What a joke lol

And we haven't even mentioned Melo who's been the best international player on the team for a decade now

So they've got 2 of the 3 wing players well-covered and they dominate inside, and yet the Dream Team is in trouble?

Who guards Magic/Stockton/MJ/Pippin? Who guards Robinson/Barkley/Ewing/Malone?

Cloudy

Banned
So they've got 2 of the 3 wing players well-covered

First of all, I dunno about well-covered. Also, the 2012 team is playing Bron and Durant at the forwards. Huge matchup problems for the Dream Team

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
First of all, I dunno about well-covered. Also, the 2012 team is playing Bron and Durant at the forwards. Huge matchup problems for the Dream Team

I hate doing the cross-generation comparisons, but a weak body like Durant ain't doing shit. And none of the 2012 point guards play defense either.

Hell, Bron is the only defensive player worth mentioning right now.

KingKong

Nor the 94 Fiba team...

it wouldn't be a blowout but the current team playing the old man Stockton, Bird and Magic team have a very good chance of winning

even if they were all in the primes, there's still only one ball and LeBron, Kobe, Durant and Carmelo can score as well as anyone else

linsivvi

First of all, I dunno about well-covered.

So you're saying 1992 MJ and Pippen wouldn't be able to have their positions covered against the 2012 Olympics team?

it wouldn't be a blowout but the current team playing the old man Stockton, Bird and Magic team have a very good chance of winning

even if they were all in the primes, there's still only one ball and LeBron, Kobe, Durant and Carmelo can score as well as anyone else

John Stockton was in his prime and only 30 years old on that team WTF. He went to the Finals 6 years later and was still in the league 10 years after that. Even Magic was younger than Kobe right now.

It'd be weird. I played against him in high school. Dude would be great if he stopped selling weed.

He's probably CJ Watson tier at best though. Fuck it.

JamesOn has been tearing it up in the D-League the last two years and he's finally turned the corner when it comes to maturity. The guy has had some really unfortunate breaks since High School; and even though he did well at OK State when Roy rescinded his scholarship to UNC it's been pretty much downhill for him ever since. He's a rural NC boy, he can play, and he'd be grateful to have a shot to come back to NC and play basketball.

I also think he'd be a bit better than CJ Watson, they'd be close but JamesOn has a better mid-range game. He'd be dirt cheap as well and would be a serviceable backup until we can find someone better. It would be an awesome PR move too, the Bobcats bringing home the top scorer in NC High School basketball history for one last shot at redemption.

Dont really like this team against the Dream Team. Our bigs are awful, Scotty would check Bron and there's a 50/50 chance of Zombie Kobe shooting 7/21 against pretty much anyone at this stage in his career. Not even that big of a fan of current Deron and CP3 really. Not really any advantages anywhere on the court. Kind of laughable.

LuchaShaq

Banned

Nor the 94 Fiba team...

Basically sums up the best and worst about Kobe in one quote.

Ask Kobe when he's 50 how he would perform in the NBA on a comeback and he'd probably say "Top 5 MVP candidate easy".

KingKong

you also have to consider that our image of the Dream Team is shaped by how dominant they were, but quality of international players wasn't even comparable

were any of the other players even in the NBA? Do you think the Dream Team would have beaten the Spanish team from 08 by 40 points?

The mental image of Jordan going against Harden is the funniest thing I've pictured all week. Harden's ego would be so damaged he'd likely request to be demoted to the D League.

DY_nasty

I know Curry better than most. Those weren't bad breaks, he's an idiot. Still is to a degree.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8...do-magic-gm-rob-hennigan-new-plea-source-says

After several months of trying to trade Dwight Howard, Orlando Magic general manager Rob Hennigan called the All-Star center Wednesday night to see if he'd reconsider giving him and the Magic's new regime a chance to keep him in Orlando, a source close to Howard said.

Hennigan's call came several hours after the Brooklyn Nets, the team to which Howard asked Hennigan to trade him, made a futile last-gasp attempt to deal for him before the Charlotte Bobcats could sign one of the Nets' key trade chips, center Brook Lopez, to an offer sheet.

Lopez agreed to a new contract with the Nets on Wednesday night. Terms of the contract have not been disclosed, but a league source told ESPNNewYork.com's Mike Mazzeo that Lopez, a restricted free agent, agreed to a four-year, $60 million max deal.

Hennigan, the source said, based his plea on the fact that he was new to the organization and had not been party to the issues that drove Howard to make his trade request.

Team president Alex Martins, who also was on the call, the source said, made a similar plea to Howard last winter when he took control of basketball decisions over GM Otis Smith and coach Stan Van Gundy.

Howard was not willing to change his stance, the source said.

Denied.

Kogepan

you also have to consider that our image of the Dream Team is shaped by how dominant they were, but quality of international players wasn't even comparable

were any of the other players even in the NBA? Do you think the Dream Team would have beaten the Spanish team from 08 by 40 points?

I guess the rest of the world only learned to play basketball after the 92 olympics.

linsivvi

You can't guard any of these elite guys one on one. 2012 team has more guys who are still elite...

Is that why your boy Kobe shot 43% against OKC in the playoffs? And is that why Melo shot 42%, including a 3-15 stinker against the Heat?

Yes you can quite guard them with the right defenders.

Vestal

Gold Member
How this Dream team vs 2012 USA Team is even a discussion is laughable.. Like someone else mentioned, MAYBE if Wade, Bosh and DRose were in maybe it could be a discussion.. But this current incarnation can't even be towel boys to that team.

Prime
Pippen
Jordan
Barkley
Robinson
Ewing
Mullin
Stockton
Magic(1 year off, but still basically in his late prime)
Malone
Drexler

10 of the 12 players were in their PRIME years. 12 Hall of Famers no question. 2 of the best if not the BEST perimeter defenders in NBA History(MJ, Pippen).

Seriously stop the discussion.. There is no comparison. But lets do this.. Starting Lineups

1. Magic >> DWilliams
2. Jordan >> Kobe
3. Pippen >>Durant
4. Barkley <<Lebron
5. Robinson >>Chandler

Only advantage for 2012 team there is Lebron, even then i want to see how lebron would do against a Beast like Barkley in the block. Every other match is a no contest. Pippen would frustrate the fuck out of Durant, Jordan destroy Kobe.. Magic would have his way with Dwill.. Robinson would make Chandler Cry

DY_nasty

How long has it been since you've seen him? Read this interview he did back in January and tell me if you think it's BS http://www.ridiculousupside.com/2012/1/3/2678634/jameson-curry-taught-me-not-to-judge-a-book-by-its-cover
I never said he was a bad guy, just that he's an idiot. He can't stay out of trouble. And its a shame because he was the best player I ever guarded in NC back in high school. Better than Felton, better than Noel, better than wall... Dude had the mccants mindset though. You can't deal with it, you can barely coach it.

I'm all for giving him the 2nd spot though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom