• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT3| The Barclays Center is covered in rust

charsace

im interested to see if the Knicks FO start shopping Melo around if he and Amare produce another .500 record and first round playoff exit. I bet Mark Cuban would bite.

lol if you think Dolan is gonna trade Melo. Never. The only way Dolan would trade him is if Melo pisses off Dolan. Dolan is loyal to guys that he likes.

Maybe it would have been funnier if you named talentless players rather than those two
... the sad fact is star players seem to flop more nowadays than guys with no talent. It used to be the no-talent hacks that only flopped, but the the pendulum swung the other way now.

Omega

Banned
I am not a Knick fan, or even a Carmelo fan; but I think you guys are way to hard on him. He is a pretty special player. His 2012 Olympics were really impressive.

This flopping rule is a great thing, but man is it going to be a mess. Some guys just try to take charges, and now they could be fined for it????

what does taking a charge have to do with a flop? the guys who take charges legit aren't bothered by this.

It's the Chris Bosh's, Blake Griffin's and Chris Paul's that this would have a negative impact on.

i mean look at the fuckin .gif DY posted.

... the sad fact is star players seem to flop more nowadays than guys with no talent. It used to be the no-talent hacks that only flopped, but the the pendulum swung the other way now.

Reggie Evans: Last of a dying breed

Pimpwerx

Ray looks good so far. Cole hasn't looked that improved so far. Shard and Ray are looking nice though. Miller could be close to healthy. PEACE.

the 2000 dream team is hilarious to watch. Gary Payton and KG being their yappy and confrontational selves and the Euros taking it personally. fuckin Lithuania tho, they almost always give the US problems, then look ordinary against everyone else.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
the 2000 dream team is hilarious to watch. Gary Payton and KG being their yappy and confrontational selves and the Euros taking it personally. fuckin Lithuania tho, they almost always give the US problems, then look ordinary against everyone else.
My favorite dreamteam

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Carney is a nice guy. Tries hard, randomly dunks hard, and doesn't afraid of anything.

Too bad about the rest of his game...like dribbling.
If this is how people start with when describing your game and career you suck

He had mad tools and shouldn't have ended a clown but so is life

At least now he has a shot at a ring

I'd rather have Dwight and no backup than Bropez AND Ropez.

Shaq just mad about Superman being in LA. You're getting your jersey retired man, Howard will never reach Prime-Shaq tier. Let it go.

Maddocks

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/brooklyn-nets/post/_/id/6024/shaq-lopez-better-than-d-12

Here's what O'Neal had to say when asked his opinion on who is the best big man in the NBA during a roundtable discussion with fellow TNT analysts posted on NBA.com last week:

"We as players, we always watch people before us. When I came in it was Patrick Ewing and Hakeem Olajuwon, guys who played like true centers who played inside. What we have now are centers that are going to the European style, which is a lot of pick-and-roll. Dwight Howard, who's a pick-and-roll player, some people say he's the best center in the league, but me being an old-school center, I'm going to go with Robin Lopez and Andrew Bynum because they play with their back to the basket."

O'Neal is later asked if he meant Brook Lopez, not his twin brother, Robin.

"Brook. Same thing. They're brothers."

giri

wow, as much as I hate Dwight I wouldn't say either Lopez is better, or even put them in the same sentence as him. if bynum wasn't such an idiot he would be the only person worth putting in the same sentence as Dwight

wtf.

shaq on some serious drugs

There are plenty of good C's in the league at the moment. Lets not get ridiculous.

There aren't a ton of low block post playing C's. But plenty of good ones.

Omega

Banned
There are plenty of good C's in the league at the moment. Lets not get ridiculous.

There aren't a ton of low block post playing C's. But plenty of good ones.

not saying there aren't good ones, but none near the talent of Dwight.

check my post history, I doubt anyone has talked more shit about him then me.

all this comes across as is jealousy. he always brings up "traditional" when saying someone is a better center than Dwight yet he drools over point guards like Rose and Westbrick, the furthest anyone could possibly be from traditional.

pilonv1

http://www.basketballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=2407

10. Golden State Warriors: 34.7 wins, 3.3 games better
The Warriors fancy themselves as a playoff contender. We do not. Golden State has questionable depth despite the presence of veterans such as Richard Jefferson, Carl Landry and Brandon Rush on the roster. Harrison Barnes projects to be one of the worst players in the league. Indeed, his ability to outperform that forecast is the key to Golden State taking that longed-for step toward the postseason.

fuk yo prospectus clown

edit: just realised this is a month or so old

methodman

Banned
I just hope Curry's healthy for the first month or so of the season, there's like 3 or 4 games I got tickets to in the first two months, lol. dude gets hurt so damn often :(

Top Bottom