• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Oct-Nov Season |OT| They can't hide the championship banners Forever

benjipwns

Banned
"Most of us have aspirations for being businessmen when our playing careers are over," Bryant told Yahoo Sports in a corridor of the Verizon Center. "But that starts now. You have to be able to wear both hats. You can't sit up there and say, 'Well, I'm going to take substantially less because there's public pressure, because all of a sudden, if you don't take less, you don't give a crap about winning. That's total bull----.

"I'm very fortunate to be with an organization that understands how to take care of its players, and put a great team out on the floor. They've figured out how to do both.

"Most players in this league don't have that. They get stuck in a predicament – probably intentionally done by the teams – to force them to take less money. Meanwhile, the value of the organization goes through the roof off the backs of their quote, unquote selfless players.

"It's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard."

Between a news conference and the next steps in his rehab on Tuesday night, Kobe Bryant was still raging over the response to his contract extension. This wasn't a noble gesture to awaken his peers, but simply a visceral reaction to the way the NBA has slowly, surely eroded the superstar's standing in the sport – and the way the players have allowed it to happen.

"Bull----," Kobe Bryant finally again said on his way back to the locker room. "Pure bull----."
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--k...to-cheapen-his-superstar-value-053329468.html

kobe don't give a fuck bout a salary cap

uf.gif

Clippers fans have been conditioned for disappointments for so long. Come on, the Knicks aren't likely to beat anyone right now, even less so on the road.

The Clippers also tend to play down to their opponents. They lost big to the Lakers and Magic and nearly lost to the Kings.

Darkman M

I think it's pretty reckless to say a player should take less money for the sake of a billion dollar team that obviously feels that he is worth the money or they wouldn't pay it.

giri

I read that on FTS earlier but Kyrie and Dion do not have a good relation by any means.

We could of had Barnes but noooo. Fire Chris Grant, that idiot better not trade for Deng or Turner.

If you can turn waiters into Deng you should count your blessings. He'd be the best or second best player on the team.

If only tonight's blowout who enrage Dan Gilbert, and get him to fire COTY Mike Brown and Grant immediately.

Dreams....
I don't want Brown gone, he deserves a longer leash.

Yes, I realize I have flipped my position.

If you can turn waiters into Deng you should count your blessings. He'd be the best or second best player on the team.
That would be supremely stupid, Deng is expiring and we're not paying him 8-10M a year to resign. Instead of trading for an aging wing with a ton of minutes who MIGHT push us into a 7/8 seed, why not tank?

As soon as MKG goes out a blowout ensues, thanks Clifford.

Edit: Meanwhile Kemba, Hendo , and Sessions are a combined 2 for 14. Our backcourt is terrible. Kemba is the only one who deserves minutes.

Spooks

If only tonight's blowout who enrage Dan Gilbert, and get him to fire COTY Mike Brown and Grant immediately.

Dreams....
I think Gilbert was behind the brown hiring too. So I don't see a firing in his future anytime soon.

Can't believe I'm putting myself through this game...

giri

That would be supremely stupid, Deng is expiring and we're not paying him 8-10M a year to resign. Instead of trading for an aging wing with a ton of minutes who MIGHT push us into a 7/8 seed, why not tank?

Because if he walks, you free up cap, or can trade him to a number of contenders for pieces. Deng to the Grizz for e.g. would be very good, and possible, if you wanted their pick and a roster guy back.

And it shows Kyrie your organisation can think of more than just a name and stats on a page. Can think about complimentary players and building a team.

Bulls may even do Waiters and Jarret Jack for Deng.

If Deng walks and bynum is still broken, there's a whole ton of cap space that opens up (the cavs can waive clark and gee) and you can take another go at reloading the roster. Or you can trade those un-guaranteed salaries to teams who want to clear cap space for actual players you want.

Thats why it's not terrible, and anything but.

Because if he walks, you free up cap, or can trade him to a number of contenders for pieces. Deng to the Grizz for e.g. would be very good, and possible, if you wanted their pick and a roster guy back.

And it shows Kyrie your organisation can think of more than just a name and stats on a page. Can think about complimentary players and building a team.

Bulls may even do Waiters and Jarret Jack for Deng.

If Deng walks and bynum is still broken, there's a whole ton of cap space that opens up (the cavs can waive clark and gee) and you can take another go at reloading the roster. Or you can trade those un-guaranteed salaries to teams who want to clear cap space for actual players you want.

Thats why it's not terrible, and anything but.

Lol no, terrible idea no matter how you try to spin it. Why give up assets when we can sign him after the season without giving anything up? Why try to get better this season when we have a historic draft coming up? Why cater to a guy right now when he's going to be here for the next 5 years regardless?

Top Bottom