• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-2014 NCAA Men's Basketball |OT|

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Pittsburgh is making Duke's win look worse and worse every game. I know it's got to be tough on jnc. Hang in there buddy!

Related: TJ Warren is the ACC POY. Barring Marcus Paige playing amazing in a UNC win at Cameron Satuday night, Jabari Parker will win the award, because of the hype and the fact that he's playing on a much better team, but Warren deserves it.

No one in this conference is putting in the work that he is on a night-to-night basis. He literally is that team at the moment. He's carrying them on his back by pure will.

You're ignoring Erick Greene from last year, who played on a super shitty VT team and wasn't half the player Warren is. I think Warren takes it, with Paige and Parker 2nd and 3rd. Parker has yet to put the team on his back, not sure he knows how.

These cats Syracuse really fell off the cliff.

They're down by 9 in the middle of the second half to Georgia Tech in the Carrier Dome.

Notre Dame garbage after beating Duke, Pitt and Syracuse imploding, and three original members at the top of the conference standings. Perhaps the reports of a Big East invasion have been greatly exaggerated.

Silkworm

Michael Frazier II for 3! And another 3, and another 3, and another 3, and another 3, and....

Go Gators!

Edit: MFII with 11 3's (made 11 out of 18 3-pt attempts). In Mick Hubert's voice "OH MY!" ;-) With MFII's output, Gators jump all over SC in the 2nd half (1st half was very close).

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
So this is what it feels like to beat a top team! Wow great effort from GT on the road!

cookie-monster.gif

Fjordson

Wtf. Michael Frazier hit 11 3's for Florida tonight?

I hate to say it, but I'm pretty scared of the game on Saturday. I mean Florida may win by 30+.

Broank

Wow first outright Big Ten title in my lifetime! And after loosing the big 3 from the tournament run last year. Crazy.

Well done Wolverines. Wasn't expecting this when McGary went down. This team could be scary good next year.

I'm starting to think Stauskas probably going pro after this year. Not sure about Robinson and McGary. Even if all 3 leave we should still be scary good next year with a Walton, Spike, LeVert, Irvin backcourt. Hopefully one of either Wilson or Chatman would be ready for some pt since we would be thin at forward.

Wow first outright Big Ten title in my lifetime! And after loosing the big 3 from the tournament run last year. Crazy.

I'm starting to think Stauskas probably going pro after this year. Not sure about Robinson and McGary. Even if all 3 leave we should still be scary good next year with a Walton, Spike, LeVert, Irvin backcourt. Hopefully one of either Wilson or Chatman would be ready for some pt since we would be thin at forward.
I think Stauskas stays. Too many questions surround McGary to go as well. I think Stauskas sees what they have like Burke did after his freshman year when he could've left. Come back to make a run and then go. If those guys stay, it's on.

Silkworm

Wtf. Michael Frazier hit 11 3's for Florida tonight?

I hate to say it, but I'm pretty scared of the game on Saturday. I mean Florida may win by 30+.

Well if it makes you feel better the rest of the team was 0-13 from the 3 point line ;-)
Still, I don't think Frazier will be as hot in the next game but I'm hoping D. Walker, Finney-Smith, and Wilbekin are able to hit a few 3's to help balance things out.
Looking forward to a competitive game on Saturday between UK and UF and hopefully the Gators pull out the win :)

DominoKid

Well if it makes you feel better the rest of the team was 0-13 from the 3 point line ;-)
Still, I don't think Frazier will be as hot in the next game but I'm hoping D. Walker, Finney-Smith, and Wilbekin are able to hit a few 3's to help balance things out.
Looking forward to a competitive game on Saturday between UK and UF and hopefully the Gators pull out the win :)

lol.

Is it not possible for a ref to blow his whistle just once? Seems like most of the times, it has to be the four or five quick little chirps to get everybody's attention.

If there's one player on this team I consistently enjoy watching play it's Dakari Johnson.

Even if we win here, tough to come out of this feeling much better about our chances against the Gata.

Fjordson

I'm just not sure what's happened to our offense. We were a top 10 offensive team according to Pomeroy for most of the year. But these last few games our halfcourt scoring has been absolutely dismal. Truly at a loss as far as what's gone wrong.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I think Stauskas stays. Too many questions surround McGary to go as well. I think Stauskas sees what they have like Burke did after his freshman year when he could've left. Come back to make a run and then go. If those guys stay, it's on.

Burke came back because he wasn't going to sniff the first round after his FR year.

If Nik is projected as a first rounder he's probably gone. Especially after the run we are about to make.

If he's the only one that leaves early I'll consider us extremely lucky and I'll fully expect to win another title.

I'm just not sure what's happened to our offense. We were a top 10 offensive team according to Pomeroy for most of the year. But these last few games our halfcourt scoring has been absolutely dismal. Truly at a loss as far as what's gone wrong.

No idea. Offense has carried out asses all year, and now all of a sudden it's completely broken. Everyone thought the LSU game was the turning point. They were right, but the season just turned the wrong way.

Also, love Dakari too. Seems to be one of the few that doesn't care about his stats, and just wants to win and have fun.

Goddamn, Syracuse is killing me. Not the way to end the regular season stretch. Here's hoping the ACC tourney brings better results.

Silkworm

Wake Forest coming out of the blocks pretty well so far against Duke. Zone by Wake has been reasonably effective against Duke.

Edit: SMU looking good at home against Louisville. This should be a good game.

Edit2: Parker with a stupid 2nd foul. Whoops. SMU at the moment doubling up Louisville 24-12. Come on IU, beat Nebraska *sigh*

Edit3: Hood is doing heavy lifting and keeping Duke close with WF while Parker sits.

What was once billed as maybe being the most efficient Duke offense in decades has been struggling mightily for a month+ now

66 points in each of the past 3 games. Go for four?

They also scored 66 earlier in the year against Arizona. From the Randolph Freelander Stats Bureau, Duke is 2-2 when scoring 66 points this season, losing their first 2 (AZ, UNC), and winning the last 2 (Syracuse, VT).

Silkworm

Louisville has stormed back to make things tight in their game at SMU (Louisville cranked up their defense). Meanwhile IU trails Nebraska by 8 at the half. Not sure if IU has a chance at the NCAA tournament but losing to Nebraska won't help (and Nebraska is on the bubble and needs this win).

We're totally losing on Saturday.

Duke's a different team in Cameron. That may be the last game they win this year though.

I'm already off it. No matter what their final record ends up being and where they end up finishing in the tournament, this was the most disappointing Duke team for me in a while. The individual pieces lead you to believe that it would be a really fun, exciting team to watch, but it's really not.

Part of that blame goes on K, who did I think a pretty poor coaching job overall this year (I'm sympathetic to his family situation, I really am. I know he's hurting over his brother's death, but he's not using that as an excuse so neither will I). Part of the blame just goes on the players for just trying to show up and out-talent teams and then cowering at the first sign of resistance.

Bring on Jones-Okafor future.

Rodney Hood doing what lottery picks do.

Getting stuffed by the rim when going for the baseline dunk.

Laura Keeley ‏@laurakeeley 4m
say what you want about his on-court abilities, but no #Duke player is more engaged in the game on the bench than Josh Hairston

Ethered. And she didn't even mean to do it either.

Top Bottom