• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Let the JPEG Die Already

Durante

And now for something different. Divinity: Dragon Commander BETA
(Disclaimer: game not finished etc.)

dcapp_2013_06_29_23_2cgsko.jpg

Research!

dcapp_2013_06_29_23_3r0suf.jpg

RTS!

FACE

Banned
It's a PC game.

You know what made me personally happy and ... content ... more than the options menu? The fact that you can enter the name of your save game when saving. With the keyboard. Just like that.

So good. Does it have any HUD options?

demolitio

Supply and demand makes sense. Thanks guys. I'll stick with 1920x1080 for now (until Oculus Rift comes along).

I wish I liked how Rome II looked, but ever since the first video I cant unsee the dreadful piss filter. There's a disgusting yellow/bronze tinge to ever fucking screenshot and I think it looks dreadful, like the entire colour palette has been muted. I hope it can be turned off.

Maybe it's just for the region the battle takes place in? I didn't think the northern battle screens were that bad and they had a slight blue filter if I recall.

Nokterian

It's a PC game.

You know what made me personally happy and ... content ... more than the options menu? The fact that you can enter the name of your save game when saving. With the keyboard. Just like that.

Making your own personal save files..such glory! How i missed that in a lot of games.

That made me giggle :)

Well I would love to play Skyrim, but the gameplay really bores me. If I can use my 780 to get a bunch of mods to make the game pretty then I'd do that. I have tried in the past but I am just not good at choosing the right stuff. I like the look those shots have and would like to replicate them.

Sethos has 2 GTX Titans. Wrong person to ask. I think he said a few pages ago that he gets 60fps with a slight bit of downsampling. That grass mod must be killer.

Ah. Well I can optimize and whatnot too. It's more so the lighting. I really like that ENB setup that's going on.

Sethos

Banned
Is that playable on your GPU at 1080 at 30 FPS or more? Also is it possible I could get your list of mods?

Performance is as mentioned, the grass is performance hog of epic proportions. The majority what makes up my screenshots is Climates of Tamriel, DatGrass, WATER and the Jasmin ENB ( CoT compatible ). Rest of my addons are just gameplay, high-res shots, faces, hair etc. PM if you want the full list.

Performance is as mentioned, the grass is performance hog of epic proportions. The majority what makes up my screenshots is Climates of Tamriel, DatGrass, WATER and the Jasmin ENB ( CoT compatible ). Rest of my addons are just gameplay, high-res shots, faces, hair etc. PM if you want the full list.

Thanks for the names! Now I shall set out to try and replicate it on just one 780 at playable framerates.

A great one for screens but too inconsistent for gameplay is bigger trees. It makes some of em' into redwoods almost. I wish it were more complete, as its actually pretty immersive to my taste (I never feel like the trees or anything at all really is 'looming' above me).

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I still wonder if 5:4 does +vert or -hor. It should be +vert since there are more pixels.

I always find it annoying when people break out the "hue hue 5 FPS with those settings?" crap without any knowledge as to what hardware people are running with.

Aaaaanywho. The Gaussian bloom shader in SweetFX picked up the sun and these snowy drifts in this scene.... and made for a rather bloomy screenshot xD

9168616145_76c9a4d2fa_o.jpg

midhras

I still wonder if 5:4 does +vert or -hor. It should be +vert since there are more pixels.

Depends on the game, but most (as Metro: LL) are -hor, which is incidentally just the way I like it: it just crops the sides. In some games I use FOV control and a narrow aspect ratio to simulate +vert (works well in Fallout).
And I don't play too many racing games, no. I liked DiRT 2, but shooting cars is just really boring to me.

Top Bottom