• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Let the JPEG Die Already

Its the city where it never rains but its always wet, haha. And yeah, it could be a bit diffused better. In motion it looks excellent though.

It's the city where there are lots of buildings and cars... but 0 pedestrians.

Uh... I guess a few more Battlefield 3. Gotta keep the screens going on this here new page.

9512882406_fb90fcb433_o.png

9512878134_6df0b07ba9_o.png

Question for you skyrim modders. I just tried some of the ENBs posted and I noticed that when I look at someone, the background blurs out. It's driving me nuts and I can't turn if off. Any suggestions?

Dmax3901

An idea: Could someone put a whole bunch of portrait shots side by side to make a 1920x1080 wallpaper?

Obviously it'd be better if the games in each shot were related in some way i.e. Skyrim next to Chivalry next to Dark Souls (you get the idea).

One3rd

I like this one. Looking forward to playing this game, is it better as a co-op experience or SP? Will the freecam hack work while playing co-op?

An idea: Could someone put a whole bunch of portrait shots side by side to make a 1920x1080 wallpaper?

Obviously it'd be better if the games in each shot were related in some way i.e. Skyrim next to Chivalry next to Dark Souls (you get the idea).

Good idea! I was actually thinking about doing this with some Chivalry character shots but I haven't taken that many portrait's yet. Having the shots from different games but along the same theme sounds interesting as well.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

I did something like that but all from Bioshock Infinite.

I like this one. Looking forward to playing this game, is it better as a co-op experience or SP? Will the freecam hack work while playing co-op?

To be honest, I'm not all that thrilled about this one. I loved Dead Space 1 and 2. I'm kinda pushing myself through 3 again just to see if there are any memorable visuals... but ugh. I hate it.

I doubt Cheat Engine would work in CO-OP. And it's not really a "freecam." That's being generous. It's downright painful to use :p

And now, some screens from the eye-bleed simulator.

9521876528_d92809b960_o.jpg

9519094261_56ee4f2ece_o.jpg

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3742/9519111907_94b7453b2e_o.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3803/9521881016_bda27f92ea_o.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I was about to say that I think you forgot to resize the images, but did you end up pouncing on that 21:9 monitor? If so, awesome and which did you go for?

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
That ladys face looks awful.

So does her hair.

That lady looks awful.

Do you have texture quality turned down or something because if not, then sheeeeesh.

Sweet, that was exactly what I wanted! Now, how did you do it? And can I do it with something like FastStone or will I need PS?

FastStone no. CS2, definitely. In this particular image, the 'blue' was largely made up of brown hues, so doing a straight up color selection (image > adjustments > replace color) wasn't quite feasible. I copied to a new layer and adjusted the entire image, then dick a quick erasing job (its actually a wee bit messy if you look). A surprising amount of good photoshopping is good erasing/masking. I think this was the quickest approach. If you're interested in getting fancy you should definitely download PS. (GIMP also could have done this process just fine).

I was thinking about this. A triptych would be awesome, and I want to make one. Need to play something with less cars in it for once though... :p

One3rd

FastStone no. CS2, definitely. In this particular image, the 'blue' was largely made up of brown hues, so doing a straight up color selection (image > adjustments > replace color) wasn't quite feasible. I copied to a new layer and adjusted the entire image, then dick a quick erasing job (its actually a wee bit messy if you look). A surprising amount of good photoshopping is good erasing/masking. I think this was the quickest approach. If you're interested in getting fancy you should definitely download PS. (GIMP also could have done this process just fine).

I was thinking about this. A triptych would be awesome, and I want to make one. Need to play something with less cars in it for once though... :p
Thanks, I think I still have a download of the CS2 Adobe was giving away for free so I'll try this out.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Heh. They're plenty resized. From 7680x3240. And nah, I still have the normal old 1920x1080 monitor.

Portraits

Wow, the small resized versions of those look absolutely incredible. It's really unfortunate that the developer decided that because it was all black and white it could get lazy with the texturing because when viewing full size those low-res textures are really unfortunate.

That first shot looks really great when Gaf shrinks it down though.

Top Bottom