• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Let the JPEG Die Already

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
After a quick test it seems paint sharpens a wee bit. You'd be better off using Irfanview, which is free, but best off using Photoshop, which isn't. That bicubic resize is some magic. If you're interested I have comparison results.

I'd enjoy some comparisons.

Okey doke

Original:
bf32013-02-2114-28-510bedo.png

Photoshop Bicubic Smoother:
ps6vs2w.png

Photoshop Bicubic Sharper:
ps3hedg7.png

Gimp:
gimpdosb5.png

Paint:
paint61srk.png

Irfanview:
irfanview9tsiu.png

This thread always makes me feel an unhealthily strong urge to upgrade my PC even though I have absolutely no real need to do so. It also reminds me how much I don't need to worry about my plans not to buy the new consoles.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
This thread always makes me feel an unhealthily strong urge to upgrade my PC even though I have absolutely no real need to do so. It also reminds me how much I don't need to worry about my plans not to buy the new consoles.

Do it Chris, imagine playing lords management 2 in 4k!

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I also really like the insane Dark Souls shot on the previous page.

You should check your PMs, I sent you a message/question sort of relating to it.

By the way, I hope the message doesn't come off as rude because if so it wasn't intended.

Wanny

Oh shit I discovered that r_HDRBloomRatio=0 turns the game into even more MAXIMUM SHARPNESS
edit: Actually 0 might be a bit too low but the default 0.15 does blur everything else a bit. Check it out. I'm using a value of 0.075 now.

1fbeg2.png

ENB Edition :p

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Is it just me or the does the plane in that 4th shot look like it's just sitting on a table that happens to look like a landscape?

Sethos

Banned
Is it just me or the does the plane in that 4th shot look like it's just sitting on a table that happens to look like a landscape?

I was more concerned about who the hell forgot to remove the watermark on the picture, until I noticed it was part of the paint scheme.

Xyber

To mix things up a little.
They just need to add the option for longer draw distance on shadows and then I'm happy with the port. Looks good and clean right now.

iVSeydUClppLr.png

iiPyiW3jLO6hf.png

Top Bottom