• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Jan NBA Season lOT| Beautiful Black Bodies on Top

I've seen her in person. She's cute from the front, from the side her face transforms into this scary monster. It's a true story.

Also, I went out with Holly Rowe's little sister. Is she still with ESPN?

Yeah she is still with ESPN (Although I didn't know who she was)

I can see Rachel being that way, actually. And her teeth don't look too stellar, maybe it's my imagination

Selfish dumbfucks have always existed and college basketball breeds and worships them so I don't get what Barkley is talking about. Blaming AAU seems more like a crutch at this point to refuse to accept that parts of basketball have changed in effectiveness so are worked on more or less than they used to.

Canuck76

Banned
I'm just happy that Pelicans logo isn't over cartoonish and is aggressive.

I can see that it's pretty samey with the Hawks logo. And the blue and yellow were good colors they maybe shouldn't have strayed from.

But they could have screwed it up a lot worse, thank god they didn't

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I just moved away from Chicago after 6 years and go back about once a month. City still loves the Bulls.

The pecking order really doesn't exist there like other cities. The thing that's struck me about the city is that there doesn't seem to be a split of baseball guys or football guys. Everybody loves the Bears unequivocally. There's the Cubs/Sox division. Everybody loves the Bulls. Everybody loves the 'Hawks.

If you're complaining about the lack of car flags like in LA, then, I'm sorry, it's too damn cold to be bothered with that ish.

Anyways, speaking at a Hawks fan, I'm embarrassed by the Philips Arena experience compared to the United Center. The UC might be a dump, but it actually feels like everyone's excited to be there. Philips Arena feels like it's only full of comped tickets from companies - completely and utterly silent. You could yell obscenities at KG from the rafters, and he'd hear you.
I actually disagree. From my experience here, it's everyone loves the Bears. Then, there's a split. Now, of course, when a team is winning, then support increases for them and everyone watches, but until then, there's not much support. Of course, there are people here that love the Bulls, but it's nowhere near most of the city. I've also found that a lot of people who claim to "love the Bulls" don't watch or keep up with them.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Uh they are the same for the all star ballot.

It's now backcourt and front court. Pierce is a sf which is grouped with pf and c
Yeah, that's true, but it still doesn't explain how Rondo was voted as a starter. He's not a major name across the country.

I'm just saying, two Boston starters, and Bulls fans couldn't get in one?

Yeah, that's true, but it still doesn't explain how Rondo was voted as a starter. He's not a major name across the country.

I'm just saying, two Boston starters, and Bulls fans couldn't get in one?
What other guard out east is more well known? Rose is out and deron isn't the household name rondo is.

Edit: besides wade of course who got more votes.

Omega

Banned
Selfish dumbfucks have always existed and college basketball breeds and worships them so I don't get what Barkley is talking about. Blaming AAU seems more like a crutch at this point to refuse to accept that parts of basketball have changed in effectiveness so are worked on more or less than they used to.

except this isn't really true.

the game has changed, but the winning formula is still pretty much the same it's always been.

just because its more common that players only chuck 3s and do PnRs doesn't mean it's more effective than having an inside presence, or at least someone who could become that inside presence when needed.

you still have to be fundamentally sound to have success in the nba. it's why boston/san antonio despite having an average age of 100 years old have been a threat in the playoffs, or why chicago is still the second best team in the east even without Rose.

AAU doesn't teach fundamentals. it teaches highlights. it teaches that it's better to make sportscenters top 10 or the next ballislife highlight than actually knowing how to play basketball.

except this isn't really true.

the game has changed, but the winning formula is still pretty much the same it's always been.

just because its more common that players only chuck 3s and do PnRs doesn't mean it's more effective than having an inside presence, or at least someone who could become that inside presence when needed.

you still have to be fundamentally sound to have success in the nba. it's why boston/san antonio despite having an average age of 100 years old have been a threat in the playoffs, or why chicago is still the second best team in the east even without Rose.

AAU doesn't teach fundamentals. it teaches highlights. it teaches that it's better to make sportscenters top 10 or the next ballislife highlight than actually knowing how to play basketball.

Not true, brother.

They team up the best players and try to punk the rest. They actually handle their business like NBA teams. So NBA>AAU>NBA. Or however that joke works.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
What other guard out east is more well known? Rose is out and deron isn't the household name rondo is.

Edit: besides wade of course who got more votes.
The funny thing is, though, is that Bulls players usually aren't even close in voting. I mean, for a time (and it may still have been true at the end), Josh Smith and Shane Battier had more All Star votes than Luol Deng.

I'm pretty sure that pick-and-rolls are objectively more productive than postup plays though I haven't checked for sure.

The most important thing in the NBA for big men to be able to do is protect the rim and defend the pick-and-roll, there is almost no chance they will have competition that will push them to the point where they need good technique to defend either. PGs are taught in high school, through their teammates incompetence, that they should shoot as much as possible. I don't think most of the problems in high school basketball development are really fixable or to blame on the AAU system.

You can blame college basketball, for encouraging terrible defensive and offensive strategies, hurting players though I think.

Top Bottom