• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Jan NBA Season lOT| Beautiful Black Bodies on Top

Omega

Banned
I'm pretty sure that pick-and-rolls are objectively more productive than postup plays though I haven't checked for sure.

The most important thing in the NBA for big men to be able to do is protect the rim and defend the pick-and-roll, there is almost no chance they will have competition that will push them to the point where they need good technique to defend either. PGs are taught in high school, through their teammates incompetence, that they should shoot as much as possible. I don't think most of the problems in high school basketball development are really fixable or to blame on the AAU system.

You can blame college basketball, for encouraging terrible defensive and offensive strategies, hurting players though I think.

actually now that i think about it your right, AAU isn't to blame. it's the media and just bad scouting teams. i still don't know why the hell Syracuse players constantly keep getting drafted when they've all been terrible. the casual fan can even see it and yet they somehow get drafted because they played for a notable college

your point about big men is wrong though. Miami is the best team and they have no big men to protect the paint. what they do have though, is people that can get easy shots, or help teammates get easy shots.

basketball has always been about scoring easy. you want to score easy but you don't want the other team to score easy. it's simple. somewhere along the line, that philosophy changed. most teams/players don't give a shit if you score easy. they have that MDA philosophy that "if i shoot more than you, i'll outscore you"

you want to score easy but you don't want the other team to score easy. it's simple. somewhere along the line, that philosophy changed. most teams/players don't give a shit if you score easy. they have that MDA philosophy that "if i shoot more than you, i'll outscore you"

This is completely wrong and opposite. The NBA started as exactly what you say MDA created before Bill Russell and Oscar Robertson changed the game and teams still barely played defense until the late 80s. Today's game is more focused on getting efficient shots against tough defenses than any other point in basketball history. This is the least "I don't care if you score unless I score" era ever. I mean, some teams don't even try to offensive rebound anymore just so other teams can't score in transition which is exactly opposite of that.

I keep saying it, man. No one gives a fuck about the Bulls.

I know the truth hurts, but I deliver it. Sorry, reggieland.
It's about the country.

You think Portland didn't give a shit about lma? The problem is everywhere else. Simply put, casual fans don't give a fuck about deng and Noah and boozer.

Remember how many all star games Vince got voted into when he sucked?

SoulPlaya

more money than God
It's about the country.

You think Portland didn't give a shit about lma? The problem is everywhere else. Simply put, casual fans don't give a fuck about deng and Noah and boozer.

Remember how many all star games Vince got voted into when he sucked?
Fine, so it's not just Chicago, it's the rest of the country too. I mean, dude, Jeff Green was right there with Deng.

Jeff Green, lol.

i just don't get it.Deng is like Chicago's best player currently. where did all the Rose votes go?

The rose Chicago people voted bulls. It is everyone else who didnt.

A city even as big as Chicago probably can represent at max 20% of the vote for their player. You need the guy voting from in Portland to vote for him and they're not.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
i just don't get it.Deng is like Chicago's best player currently. where did all the Rose votes go?
I know many, many people here in Chicago that only started watching the Bulls because they viewed Rose as another guy that could bring them titles. When he went out, they stopped watching.

I'm sure it's the same around the country.

Fine, so it's not just Chicago, it's the rest of the country too. I mean, dude, Jeff Green was right there with Deng.

Jeff Green, lol.

All that proves is that New England is filled with gigantic homers which we knew. Chicago people voting for lebron and chandler over deng and Noah because they're not biased assholes?

I didn't vote in pau, Dwight, or Nash.

Canuck76

Banned

A city even as big as Chicago probably can represent at max 20% of the vote for their player. You need the guy voting from in Portland to vote for him and they're not.

No screw Deng.

Nic Batum is where it's at! In all seriousness tho somebody, Noah or Deng should probably be there. Sorry bro

SoulPlaya

more money than God
All that proves is that New England is filled with gigantic homers which we knew. Chicago people voting for lebron and chandler over deng and Noah because they're not biased assholes?

I didn't vote in pau, Dwight, or Nash.
Yeah, they're voting for them out of some sheer respect for the integrity of the game, lol.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
No screw Deng.

Nic Batum is where it's at! In all seriousness tho somebody, Noah or Deng should probably be there. Sorry bro
They are there. The coaches voted them in, though Lopez should definitely be there over Noah, and Boozer should be there instead of Deng.

No screw Deng.

As a reserve that's fine. But to vote for them you'd have to omit 2 of melo, bron, chandler. Sorry those three are better.

Chicago fans voting properly isn't a knock on them. Guys like battier and green getting votes shows how terrible the other fan bases are.

Batum shouldn't get any votes either for starting. As a reserve I'm fine with an argument, however.

who's voting for Battier though? he probably got a boost from his finals performance but I don't see how Deng gets less votes than him.

I know many, many people here in Chicago that only started watching the Bulls because they viewed Rose as another guy that could bring them titles. When he went out, they stopped watching.

I'm sure it's the same around the country.
most likely.

Bropez has been great this year, but his minute count is really low compared to other candidates so I don't think he's that big of a snub.

Probably should have gotten in based on merit over Chandler this year, but Chandler deserved to get a spot once.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
As a reserve that's fine. But to vote for them you'd have to omit 2 of melo, bron, chandler. Sorry those three are better.

Chicago fans voting properly isn't a knock on them. Guys like battier and green getting votes shows how terrible the other fan bases are.

Batum shouldn't get any votes either for starting. As a reserve I'm fine with an argument, however.
If Chicago fans were voting properly, then those Noah votes should have gone to Lopez, and the Deng votes would have gone somewhere else.

If Deng only got around 70-80K votes, then I would bet that means that only 70-80K Bulls fans in this city voted, period.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
That's a rather stupid move. He's at least better than half of the coaches currently employed.

They literally fired him so that they could promote Lindsey Hunter (yes, the player) as the head coach. Hunter has never coached in his life.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
No, Lopez should be in over Bosh not Noah. Noah deserves it this year.
You can't have Noah, Chandler, and Noah, especially when Bosh is the best PF in the East, and is playing better than Noah. No, Bosh may not yell like crazy all the time and show "hustle and intensity" like Noah, but he doesn't have to. He's having a very good year.

Either way, though, Lopez should be there.

If Chicago fans were voting properly, then those Noah votes should have gone to Lopez, and the Deng votes would have gone somewhere else.

If Deng only got around 70-80K votes, then I would bet that means that only 70-80K Bulls fans in this city voted, period.
Considering Kobe got the most with just 1.5 million and you can vote multiple times, you're probably right. And you know what? I bet that's top 5 in the county for metro areas.

Barely anyone votes dude.

Pkaz01

They literally fired him so that they could promote Lindsey Hunter (yes, the player) as the head coach. Hunter has never coached in his life.

Hunter won't be the coach next season they just need him as a place holder for the rest of the season. He will probably move back down to assistant

Top Bottom