• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Major League Soccer |OT| Pick your side, it's time for War

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. Also, rofl at the double yellow card. Two months late, guys!

EDIT: OH MY GOD THE CAMERA IS IN FOCUS! D:

I was just about to post that, haha. They heard everyone complaining.

EDIT: Major League Soccer: There was an issue with a rented camera - switched it out. Hope it looks better the rest of the way. Enjoy the match.

Wrote that in the chat. They're awesome.

Dartastic

YES. 1-1.

Was that Tschuma? Kid has skills.

Edit - Yep, it was.

Double Edit: Anyway, preseason is preseason. Both teams have kinks to get out. Nice to see the new guys play though. Also, sucks that our old teammate scored on us in a set piece in the first half. Whomp whomp. Hah.

Slizz

IMO it was a bad idea to rush NYCFC and Miami without stadiums or proven fan bases. Hopefully the marquee locations of both are enough to sustain these 2 clubs.

While the stadium in Miami has yet to be built, there has already been approval for a privately funded stadium by the city. The announcement Wed. will most likely disclose the final location.

Fan base thing is gonna be an 'issue' to everyone outside looking in and I understand, but most of the concern is unwarranted. We have some of the best MLS tv ratings in Miami and constantly break records at an NFL stadium for attendance to friendly international and club games.

I think big name legends like an Henry or Beckham(obv not them but different ones by 2016) help bring profile to the club, having Lebron as an investor doesn't hurt trying to get a different demo as well.

Meier

I really like the Orlando City kits for 2014. Will be curious to see how much the kit design is changed with the new branding coming from the MLS.

1005774_665583383499953_902002566_n.jpg

For what it's worth, I like the Quakes new look.

Elchele

I'm surprised how Seattle Sounders squad changed so much in about a year. From being the ones with the best squad in the MLS, to... what they have now.

lol

http://www.soccerbyives.net/2014/02/designed-reveal-uniform.html

New York City FC are sticking with their pledge to be a club of the people.

The 2015 Major League Soccer expansion team announced on Tuesday a contest for fans to design their own club badge, which will eventually be placed together with all the other submissions to form the team’s official logo. Through a tool on NYC FC’s website, fans of the club can create and submit a design for the badge.

“New York City FC will be a Club for its fans, which is why they should have a hand in creating its identity,” New York City FC CEO Ferran Soriano said in a statement. “We want the badge to be an authentic representation of New York City’s spirit and personality. This design tool will enable fans throughout the City and the world, to send in their concepts and to be part of the creation of New York City FC.”

Empire of Soccer reports that NYC FC will announce the final design of what the team calls, the “badge of badges,” at a ceremony on March 10.

Here are some more stories from around MLS:

BfqSvmZCYAAKab7.jpg

Dartastic

You guys see these Drogba to Seattle rumors? Seems like they have some serious legs.

239a6036083123cc7c3f57cc5a4d763e.png

333e3db5059f2c1291cbd2e5166c4f79.png

4c937e98716c4d723195adc19922466c.png

how is Seattle getting all of these DPs?
I'm genuinely wondering the same thing. I'm pretty stoked with our DP situation at the Timbers, as I'm pretty sure Chara is no longer a DP and Valeri is the only one we've got.

Edit - Yep. Did some research, Valeri is our only DP. That kind of flexibility is awesome. :)

For reals though, I'm not sure Drogba is a good fit for MLS. He'd get hacked to bits while looking for calls even on plays he wasn't getting hacked at, and with our officiating he'd be boned.

xbhaskarx

I just miss the Mutiny , I used to rock my Carlos Valderrama wig going to games!

Well, if Orlando and Miami are both successful, Tampa is a possibility for future expansion. Similar to how San Antonio (Houston/Dallas) and Sacramento (LA/San Jose) are currently in the conversation. So you better hope your fellow Floridians turn out to games consistently...

Osorio

http://www.soccerbyives.net/2014/01/report-usmnt-friendly-1.html

The U.S. Men’s National Team’s send-off series will apparently include a stop at Red Bull Arena.

SI.com reported on Wednesday that one of the U.S.’s three friendlies prior to the 2014 World Cup will take place at the home of the New York Red Bulls in Harrison, N.J. The match would likely take place on May 27 or June 1 against an opponent that has yet to be identified, and would mark the Americans’ second trip to Red Bull Arena. The U.S. lost to Ecuador, 1-0, in their previous visit back in 2011.

The Americans’ send-off series has traditionally been based on the east coast. In 2010, the U.S. held its pre-World Cup camp in Princeton, N.J. before playing in friendlies against the Czech Republic in Hartford, Conn. and Turkey in Philadelphia. The U.S. also previously played a send-off series in the New York/New Jersey area, taking on Jamaica back in 2002 before the World Cup in South Korea/Japan.

Additionally, SI.com reported that the U.S. is looking to play its final friendly in Florida on June 7 before departing for Sao Paulo, Brazil the next day.

A Red Bulls spokesman declined to comment on the potential friendly when contacted by SBI

I was there for the game against Ecuador. Hardly a home game, but that's nothing new for a USMNT match in the NY/NJ area.

Well, if Orlando and Miami are both successful, Tampa is a possibility for future expansion. Similar to how San Antonio (Houston/Dallas) and Sacramento (LA/San Jose) are currently in the conversation. So you better hope your fellow Floridians turn out to games consistently...
San Antonio needs to happen. It's got ghe following, its got the stadium, Texas is a soccer hotbed. But I don't want anything to happen to my precious NASL...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom