• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Mar NBA Season lOT| Change This Face, Be Happy, Enjoy it!

Sigh.....

http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=9106885

Hey Lebron, maybe if you stopped interview bombing, break dancing on other team's home courts, and talking shit all game people might not want to tackle your ass.

Just sayin'.....you're old now, act like a man.

Humble in victory, quiet on defeat will never resonate with this child. Such a product of the "hey look at me" entitlement generation.
What the fuck is all this? No fun allowed indeed. You would make the league boring as fuck

What the fuck is all this? No fun allowed indeed. You would make the league boring as fuck

No no he is free to do what he wants but he should be prepared for this shit and not go crying to the media like a goddamn 8 year old girl.

You want to disrespect my home court? Great but enjoy my elbow in your sternum next game.

He's just salty besides I don't expect all NBA players to be as smart as Tim Duncan I mean Lebron never even went to college

Lebron is actually rather intelligent. That is not his issue. He was never taught how to be a man because mom was out hitting the pipe, his maturity has suffered because of this.

He's not a bad guy, he just needs a good solid asswhipping.

Edit: One day when I'm drunk I'll post my story about Gloria searching E55th for crack during a Cav's playoff game. What a winner she is.

Edit 2: Or the time she punched a guy for reminding her it wasn't "her money" at a charity auction.

Edit 3: Or the time the Cav's had to send people to remove her drunk ass from John Q's after she threw a steak at a waitress for no damned reason at all.

The point? LBJ came from that, so I don't hate him. I just wish he'd mature up.

Meh, you can have him. I'd prefer my son to not emulate the sack of shit.

Gets 13 calls a game and cries about being fouled? Where's MJ when you need him.

why do you pretend that Jordan was some kind of saint on the court?

he manipulated the refs as much as anybody in the game, talked as much trash as anybody, and taunted and screamed at the opposition. that's who you want your son to emulate?

Hell no but I am struggling to recall a time he cried about the refs even when he was getting it 10 times worse than Lebron ever did.
maybe because it was 20 years ago?

if I can remember Jordan bitching and moaning while playing like shit in the charlotte coliseum with the best paint in the history of the league then surely you can pull out a memory too

maybe because it was 20 years ago?

if I can remember Jordan bitching and moaning while playing like shit in the charlotte coliseum with the best paint in the history of the league then surely you can pull out a memory too

Don't give me that shit. 20 years ago bleeding in the playoffs was commonplace.

These guys, as Larry Bird said, don't know what a hard foul looks like.q

Lebron is actually rather intelligent. That is not his issue. He was never taught how to be a man because mom was out hitting the pipe, his maturity has suffered because of this.

He's not a bad guy, he just needs a good solid asswhipping.

Edit: One day when I'm drunk I'll post my story about Gloria searching E55th for crack during a Cav's playoff game. What a winner she is.

Edit 2: Or the time she punched a guy for reminding her it wasn't "her money" at a charity auction.

Edit 3: Or the time the Cav's had to send people to remove her drunk ass from John Q's after she threw a steak at a waitress for no damned reason at all.

The point? LBJ came from that, so I don't hate him. I just wish he'd mature up.
I actually applaud him for being the way he is despite his ratchet mama

Don't give me that shit. 20 years ago bleeding in the playoffs was commonplace.

These guys, as Larry Bird said, don't know what a hard foul looks like.q
you said you couldnt recall jordan getting pissed. dont move the goalposts

also, yes. the game and players have gotten a little softer but so has society

nowadays difficult means "boring" or "dont like" to these shithead kids

WTF dude, Jordan was fueled by anger.

My point was he didn't go to espn amd cry about a small white guy "tackling" him.

I'm talking about getting pissed about officiating

and no he did not go to espn about that but he was really petty about a lot of other shit, like I said lebron is salty tonight but stop bringing jordan into this, it doesn't boost or make anyone's point legit

you said you couldnt recall jordan getting pissed. dont move the goalposts

also, yes. the game and players have gotten a little softer but so has society

nowadays difficult means "boring" or "dont like" to these shithead kids

Hell not being open on a 15 footer pisses these kids off.

If you took the 12 best now and played the 12 best of the 90's the 90's team, despite being inferior atheletes, would beat the shit out of them and win by 20.

I'm talking about getting pissed about officiating

and no he did not go to espn about that but he was really petty about a lot of other shit, like I said lebron is salty tonight but stop bringing jordan into this, it doesn't boost or make anyone's point legit

Being motivated by petty shit is what differentiates guys like Jordan and Bird from your average every day Joe.

Who doesn't know this by now?

The point is they did their fair share of shit talking, manipulating refs, getting steps, and all the other bullshit you said, but they also got the shit beat out of them for it. And they took it like men.

Lebron cries every goddamn time somebody touches him. "I get hard fouled all the time."....wah

every star player looks at the ref like crime just happened

you should know that by now as well

During the moment? Sure....hell I did it. Hell dad use to replay me getting a 15 yarder against Oregon because I chased a ref down 30 yards after a play. Not my best moment.

But using espn as a tearbucket? shameful.

Hell not being open on a 15 footer pisses these kids off.

If you took the 12 best now and played the 12 best of the 90's the 90's team, despite being inferior atheletes, would beat the shit out of them and win by 20.

So what you're saying is, if they are worse on defense they will still win?

Retire Hinrich's number now.

LEBRON-TACKLE1.gif

Stopped the streak.

Can't believe Bron complained about this play. He freakin bulldozed him. Kirk just stood his ground and took it like a man. It's like a bully complaining about how his fists are sore after punching some smaller kid.

I know Kirk's feet were still slightly moving, but damn... plays like this sometimes make you question the NBA's rules.

Cipherr

Can't believe Bron complained about this play. He freakin bulldozed him. Kirk just stood his ground and took it like a man. It's like a bully complaining about how his fists are sore after punching some smaller kid.

I know Kirk's feet were still slightly moving, but damn... plays like this sometimes make you question the NBA's rules.

Kirk grabbed him, literally gave the man a hug, his feet were moving, and Kirk himself even said after the game, that yes he did grab him like that intentionally because otherwise he is hard to stop.

No play on the ball, he wasn't set to take a charge, and he admits as much after the fact. Stick to shitting on Lebron for the attempted foul on Boozer, you don't have much of a case on the Kirk grab.

effzee

Sucks that the streak is over. Was making the regular season fun and interesting to watch for us fans stuck rooting for loser franchises (Sixers). Plus had it continued that game this coming Sunday against the Spurs would have been one of the most enjoyable regular season games in history.

In the end more than anything Chicago did, Miami did it to themselves. I mean of course Chicago played great even more short handed than usual but Miami had no energy. They still can't rebound for shit. I like Bosh but don't know how he continues to average 3-5 rebounds per game. Wade was really hit and miss. A lot of their open 3 looks didn't fall. Ray and Mario combined missed at least 5 wide open looks.

Don't think anyone takes them out of the east but they sure as hell will make it super tough on themselves if they continue to act like the first half doesn't count. Or maybe now with the streak over they play better from start to finish.

effzee

Lebron is going to the rim there. You either stand there take a charge or you move out of the way. If your feet move its a foul. Lebron didn't bulldoze him or attempt to do anything different than you are supposed to do. Smart play by Kirk but its a foul.

Kirk grabbed him, literally gave the man a hug, his feet were moving, and Kirk himself even said after the game, that yes he did grab him like that intentionally because otherwise he is hard to stop.

No play on the ball, he wasn't set to take a charge, and he admits as much after the fact. Stick to shitting on Lebron for the attempted foul on Boozer, you don't have much of a case on the Kirk grab.
LeBron drove straight at him and would've ran over Kirk for an AND 1 and posed for the cameras. Only way to stop that at that point is grab the ball/hands, which he couldn't. So he grabbed his arms and momentum created the fall. Hinrich was lucky he wasn't concussed, that's wwhy most guards don't take charges on LeBron.
Lebron is going to the rim there. You either stand there take a charge or you move out of the way. If your feet move its a foul. Lebron didn't bulldoze him or attempt to do anything different than you are supposed to do. Smart play by Kirk but its a foul.
oh yeah, but I think the issue is LeBron saying that it was a "dirty play", which it clearly wasn't.
This page... It hurts my head. CommonSense.... I.... I can't.
He didn't even mention his mom fucking Delonte.

effzee

oh yeah, but I think the issue is LeBron saying that it was a "dirty play", which it clearly wasn't.

Well I can also see the difference between taking the foul and just wrapping him up like a tackle which can lead to serious injuries.

Are you kidding? MJ was notorious for complaining about calls and whining to the refs. He didn't just "take it like a man".

again during heat of the moment does not equal crying like a spoiled 12 year old to the media.

Sorry they couldn't break the NBA record. Honestly it was a hell of a run and they should be proud, not crying.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/..._bulls-referees-cavaliers-coach-lenny-wilkens

It questions Jordan`s play and suggests he gets favored treatment from referees. While it`s probably a ploy for the playoffs, Jordan says it`s little more than a cheap shot.

``I just go out every game and play to the best of my ability,`` said Jordan. ``And I don`t know how Wilkens can sit there and say things like that when (Mark) Price goes to the line 20 times, and half of them aren`t fouls.``
(In Jordan`s 69-point game, in which he was 21 of 23 from the free-throw line, Price was 17 of 20 and Cleveland shot 50 free throws to 37 for the Bulls.)

``That kind of thing irks me,`` Jordan added. ``It`s an insult and it detracts from the game. A loss is a loss and you have to forget it and go onto the next game. Don`t sit there and complain.

``Did we complain after that New York game when everyone in America knew you couldn`t get a shot off in a tenth of a second?`` Jordan asked.

``Complaining isn`t going to change anything, unless they`re trying to get them called closer on me in the playoffs. But, if anything, I`m getting beaten up every night. The referees are not helping me.``

there, I hope you enjoy reading about salty Jordan and stop riding him

Are you really this stupid?

Let me try again

When get fouled go for shot ok to get mad.

When cry about foul because team lost make look stupid. like moist ass dude.

Tried to simplify it for you.

You're right, you made it simple. You keep saying "it's ok in the heat of the moment, don't complain to the media after!"
so I said post game and found you one

are you that stupid?

Sigh....read the damn thread. Feel free to link me to an interview where MJ cried about being fouled after a game. I'm waiting.

I am pretty sure "after a game" means post game

LMAO at Jordan actually having the nerve to say "The referees are not helping me". You'd all tear Lebron's asshole wide open if he said something like that.

Superstar call arguments are worst arguments.

The only thing I dislike about LeBron is how he pushes off everytime he drives. Watch his off arm-he literally puts it ahead of him when he pulls forward and I don't understand how he's allowed to do it. He's the only guy in the league that does this.

effzee

Wait hold up someone would rather their son look up to MJ than LeBron? The hate for the decision aside, is this serious? LeBron is far more clean cut. Again if MJ played in this current internet hyper media era he would be considered a colossal asshole.

linsivvi

Wait hold up someone would rather their son look up to MJ than LeBron? The hate for the decision aside, I'd this serious? LeBron is far more clean cut. Again if MJ played in this current internet hyper media era he would be considered a colossal asshole.

Pretty much. MJ behaved like an ass on TV even when he's 40+, there's just no comparison.

Sanjuro

Superstar mad he can't get all the superstar calls. Doesn't help that he doesn't know how to play defense and is genuinely shocked when others do.

Top Bottom