• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT| Spa1n v The Netherland5

Status
Not open for further replies.
mountains%20desert%20journey%20graves%201920x1080%20wallpaper_www.wallmay.net_75.jpg

This will be Qatar. Expect players to drop dead on the field. Literately.
defenders dying half way through so even more goals

the cold in South Africa helped them stay compact and energized

Pimpwerx

mountains%20desert%20journey%20graves%201920x1080%20wallpaper_www.wallmay.net_75.jpg

This will be Qatar. Expect players to drop dead on the field. Literately.
They survived the US heat wave in 1994. They'll survive Qatar. I imagine it will be less humid than some of the sites that year. Or I could be talking out my rear as I know nothing about Qatar. PEACE.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Go go go Costa Rica!!!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5e/Animated-Flag-Costa-Rica.gif[IMG][IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5e/Animated-Flag-Costa-Rica.gif[/MG][IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5e/Animated-Flag-Costa-Rica.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Pura vida!

warthog

Because it can't be a worse prediction than my last 1 (amongst which was 4-1 for Spain - Netherlands), I'll give it another go:

Japan - Ivory Coast 2-2
Greece - Colombia 0-3
England - Italy 1-1
Costa Rica - Uruguay 0-0

Ooh yeah, this 1 is in the bag.

Roland1979

They survived the US heat wave in 1994. They'll survive Qatar. I imagine it will be less humid than some of the sites that year. Or I could be talking out my rear as I know nothing about Qatar. PEACE.

50 Celcius, 120 Fahrenheit if i'm not mistaken. Yes it's a more dry heat. And their money probably can buy some form of stadium air-co. And of course players probably won't die (though it can happen, some players walk around with a "athletes heart" without knowing it. And some pain relieve medicine (lots of players take these) can induce heart attacks (think Ibuprofen (Advil, Brufen, Dolofin, Ibruphar, Motrin, Nuprin, Nurofen) was one of the contenders). But in theory it's always possible. A more likely scenario would be a player passing out from the heat. Probably not happening either, but still. I do think it would make the game more slow and especially in late tournament breaking up the pacing and really add to fatigue.

Fireblend

Banned
Alright, leaving to watch the game with family. Unlikely I'll be able to post much from there (maybe some from my phone), so to my fellow Costa Rican GAFfers, godspeed.

*salutes*

All this football talk is making me want to buy Fifa, but I hate EA. Goddammit.

Crap, forgot to edit that other post. Sorry for the double (kinda) post.

Pimpwerx

50 Celcius, 120 Fahrenheit if i'm not mistaken. Yes it's a more dry heat. And their money probably can buy some form of stadium air-co. And of course players probably won't die (though it can happen, some players walk around with a "athletes heart" without knowing it. And some pain relieve medicine (lots of players take these) can induce heart attacks (think Ibuprofen (Advil, Brufen, Dolofin, Ibruphar, Motrin, Nuprin, Nurofen) was one of the contenders). But in theory it's always possible. A more likely scenario would be a player passing out from the heat. Probably not happening either, but still. I do think it would make the game more slow and especially in late tournament breaking up the pacing and really add to fatigue.
Holy bleep, that's hot. Dry heat or not, that's insane. LOL. I really don't know what I was talking about. That's crazy. Gonna be a ton of cramps. PEACE.

Wilbur

Banned
Andres, may god rest your soul. Destroy that donkey pussy in Colombian heaven. Take it into your red room and destroy it good.

IceCold

It shouldn't be as bad in the stadium due to the shade. Humidity is the true enemy imo.

50 degrees is ridiculous though, I bed you can cook breakfast on the side walk there.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
From Five Live on Twitter:
BqHEi0DIAAAVNI4.jpg:large

EDIT: This may have been known already? Or at least he was uncertain before.

EDIT 2: Sky Sports ran a story a few hours ago about it too.

Get it used.
I thought about that, but I play mostly on PC and Vita, my PS3 is partially in the closet already.

Do you have a PC that's not a toaster? Because I'm sure you can get it cheap digitally for PC.
I will probably get it, but just found out that the newest game will come with the new engine, so I'll probably wait for that.

Haha I bought it yesterday since it was on sale on Origin. Found out I suck worse than Spain in that game.
Haha, I suck at them mostly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom