• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 game that most lived up to the hype

Hoo-doo

Banned
If you told me last year that I was going to buy and immensely enjoy a fantastic Dragon Age game, I wouldn't have believed you.

BouncyFrag

Was their hype for Mordor? Peope seemed decidedly sceptical of the whole idea.
I only got hyped after the reviews which came down on the Friday before release IIRC. I was in the 'let's wait and see camp' and was very happy with it, but the game flew under the radar I'd expect for most people.

Pizza

Mario Kart 8 exceeded my expectations, both versions of Smash were great, shovel knight was rad, DKC: TF was real good and Hyrule Warriors may be my GOTY

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Alien: Isolation.

It couldn't capture the feel of the first film more than it already does. The genius lies in the fact that they managed to turn it into a great and challenging game.

Danganronpa 2, definitely. I went into it really excited, but my expectations were "it'll be a great game that falls short of the original." Instead, it does a lot of new ideas and doesn't over-rely on the original for its story or gameplay.

Hugstable

Banned
Danganronpa 2, definitely. I went into it really excited, but my expectations were "it'll be a great game that falls short of the original." Instead, it does a lot of new ideas and doesn't over-rely on the original for its story or gameplay.

Oh shit I forgot about this one. It's story was so much better than the first I thought, especially those ending twists, GOD DAMMMMMMMN

Smash Bros for Wii U. No other game lived up to the hype for me this year. Wolfenstein and Evil Within, however, really snuck up on me and were fantastic games.

Top Bottom