• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015-16 TV Cancellations: The Beast, having been fed, asks waiter for his bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KonradLaw

I wonder if there's any second guessing going on at the CW over the blanket renewal of all shows they did a while ago. Some of their shows (like Legends) are crashing in quality while others are tanking in ratings (like the Vampires above).

Originals is in 3th season, so it's it's guaranteed renewal no matter what and I got a feeling VD got next season solely to wrap stuff up.
LoT has good ratings too for CW.

THe truly surprising renewals are stuff like CEG. But honestly I think CW just doesn't give a damn about ratings. It seems they get money from other sources and their TV runs acts more like a big advertising push.

Joni

Originals is in 3th season, so it's it's guaranteed renewal no matter what and I got a feeling VD got next season solely to wrap stuff up.
LoT has good ratings too for CW.

THe truly surprising renewals are stuff like CEG. But honestly I think CW just doesn't give a damn about ratings. It seems they get money from other sources and their TV runs acts more like a big advertising push.

Crazy Ex, Jane and Reign are their only CBS shows at the moment. All their other shows are Warner. For a 50-50 owned network, that is bad.

Loudninja

Castle: Seamus Dever, Jon Huertas and 3 Others Poised to Return for Season 9
Castle continues to lay the groundwork for the post-Beckett era.
With a formal renewal decision reportedly imminent, ABC Studios has closed a new deal with Seamus Dever (aka Detective Ryan) to return for a potential ninth season, TVLine has confirmed. Additionally, fellow supporting players Jon Huertas (Esposito), Molly Quinn (Alexis) and Susan Sullivan (Martha), as well as Season 8 newbie Toks Olagundoye (Hayley), are said to be finalizing deals; all four are expected back.
http://tvline.com/2016/05/08/castle-season-9-cast-seamus-dever-jon-huertas-returning/

Joni

Fast-Demo-2016-May-SUN.08.png

Quantico gone fractional. Elementary and The Family has dropped further.

Penguin

So when did Family Guy start out-performing the Simpsons on the regular?

Also...
BOOM: @netflix has greenlit its first reality competition: ULTIMATE BEASTMASTER. International obstacle course. Six version in six countries

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Looks like the debut of NBC's competitor to 60 Minutes did not go well. A 0.5 and sub-4 million viewers, damn.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Oh damnit

Only go by the charts... and didn't have an R so assumed both were new

Yeah, They've been doing this weird thing where they label reruns as encores for some reason.

Because I'm sure the audience is demanding to see repeats of Modern Simpsons and Family Guy.

Joni

I can only assume the repeat duped viewers into thinking both Simpsons episodes would be repeats. Another week under 3 million even.

ivysaur12

Banned
So here's what the guy who they fired from TVBTN thinks will happen:

ABC:

Cancel: Galavant, Agent Carter, The Muppets, The Catch, The Family
Renew: Nashville, American Crime, Dr. Ken, Castle, Last Man Standing, The Real O'Neals

Me: I think this is all correct

CBS:

Cancel: Rush Hour, CSI: Cyber, Code Black
Renew: Limitless, Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders, Supergirl, The Odd Couple, Life in Pieces

Me: I think Cyber will come back, while I could see Beyond Borders not.

CW:

Cancel: Containment

Me: I think they'll renew it for the summer.

Fox:

Cancel: Second Chance, The Grinder, Bordertown
Renew: Sleepy Hollow, Grandfathered, Family Guy, The X-Files

Me: I don't think X-Files will be an upfrotns things. I would be surprised if Grandfathered got renewed over Grinder since they both have poopy ratings (though Grandfathered is a little less poopy) but 20th owns Grinder. I feel like they like both shows? idk

NBC:

Cancel: Undateable, Telenovela, Game of Silence, Heartbeat, Crowded, The Mysteries of Laura
Renew: The Carmichael Show

Me: I think Crowded and Laura will come back.

Sandfox

ABC:

Renew: Nashville, American Crime, Dr. Ken, Castle, Last Man Standing, The Real O'Neals

CBS:

Renew: Limitless, Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders, Supergirl, The Odd Couple, Life in Pieces

CW:

Fox:

Me: I don't think X-Files will be an upfrotns things. I would be surprised if Grandfathered got renewed over Grinder since they both have poopy ratings (though Grandfathered is a little less poopy) but 20th owns Grinder. I feel like they like both shows? idk

NBC:

Cancel: Undateable, Telenovela, Game of Silence, Heartbeat, Crowded, The Mysteries of Laura

The last episode of Cyber season 2 basically wrapped up the series so I think it's done.

kevin1025

Banned

ABC:

CBS:

CW:

Fox:

NBC:

American Crime coming back would be great! Agent Carter not coming back is boo town.

I also wonder how real those stories are about Supergirl possibly jumping from CBS to CW, and if that factors into a renewal (along with the budget cuts).

Also, NBC cancelling all of those shows is very NBC, so I agree with that one.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
This is CSI. Nothing is ever done until it is or it isn't.
If it came back, it would be one of those weird cases where they find a way to roll back some of the finale or just decide to write off Ted Dansen's character.

I would imagine if there was some value in the CSI name, it'd make more sense just to start over and pick a new city and go back to normal crimes that don't involve hacked dildos raping unknowing women.

Mirrintu

Neo Member
I can't say I am too heartbroken over any of these cancellations. Some of them were overdue. I probably would have enjoyed a lot more of Parks and Rec, but the quality would have greatly diminished as it had pretty much run its course. I also would have liked to see a little more of Selfie, it actually wasn't half bad.

I couldn't be more excited for the Twin Peaks come back though. That is some kind of cliff hanger!

kevin1025

Banned
If it came back, it would be one of those weird cases where they find a way to roll back some of the finale or just decide to write off Ted Dansen's character.

I would imagine if there was some value in the CSI name, it'd make more sense just to start over and pick a new city and go back to normal crimes that don't involve hacked dildos raping unknowing women.

According to the CSI creator: "Because the future of crime is cyber, there's no reason why it shouldn't continue."

That is a real quote.

anaron

Agent Carter really grew on me in its second season, so hopefully it'll find a new home if ABC cancels it.
The MCU film dudes would make it happen in some form so I'm not too worried about it. Unlike the other Marvel shows, this is run by them and they clearly love Peggy/Hayley.

I just hope to see Most Wanted ordered to series so that I can actually see what it looks like.

Why would you think Crowded would come back? Is it not doing poorly/crap? I've been watching it, but am considering dropping it because even Patrick Warburton is hardly enough to make it worthwhile.

I hope most of those renews/cancellations prove true, especially American Crime, Last Man Standing and The X-Files. I need more X-Files. But, I'd be disappointed if Undateable was cancelled, and I do like The Family.

Coming next season CSI 2077
cyberpunkgamedarkfuturenoirCyberpunk2077futuristiclifedystopia03.jpg

That's not real, is it?

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Given how little CSI writers care to even make sense with real world technology, they'd be sure to create some hilariously brainless dialogue using random terms plucked from a decade old science fiction encyclopedia.

Busty

Banned
Gotham still doing its thang I see.

Though it isn't blowing the doors off of Fox with its ratings like Empire is/was Gotham is a reliable squad member for Fox in the schedules.

maxcriden

ABC:

CBS:

CW:

Nashville, limited order final season?

Limitless, you think they'll renew?

Sober

You know what I need?

CSI: Time Cops. Imagine the possibilities.
What will actually happen is that the CSIs from the future have to investigate why all the time cops from their future are such shitty cops that keep getting killed in the 21st century.

Sober

We need a superhero show about a superhero who saves other superhero shows from failing.

But the twist is he can't save his own show!

So I got caught up with the Good Wife. I guess it's over. Didn't really feel like a finale, but I guess it's for the best. The show had really dipped in quality as of late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom