• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 PC Screenshot Thread of the Only Place Where Compression Isn't

Thorgal

You've either got some bad JPEG compression, or the game has some real weird and serious noisy banding issues.

Thats super rad.

Have you got a modlist for Witcher 2? I'm playing through it as soon as I get the mod situation figured out for my first playthrough and your set up looks real good.

Only 2 mods :

The recently released Enhancement pack which includes lots of stuff and the vivid eyes mod .

optionally you might also look into the Medallion Cooldown Reduced mod if you get annoyed by having to wait 10 secs between uses .

Stein3x

Jim, your CE broke after the 1.04 patch..:(. I'm kicking myself for downloading it although I suppose that's a good thing for me. Maybe I'll get past the first quest now.

The Witcher 3/Reshade+Framework

17922493900_3d28977653_o.png

That's a cool shot , i like it ! I want to try and take a shot of Geralt while he performs some of he's finishing moves during combat.

17505899303_55f01ca362_o.jpg

18127547861_0a4e82413a_o.jpg

aloeh

Neo Member
There is a rule against compression, but 100% quality jpgs are indistinguishable from pngs. Jpgs saved with lots of compression are against the rules... But it's not like we can do anything to enforce that :(

Jpgs with 100% quality still has compression artifacts, the quality is still below png.

Png has losseless compression, there is not any point in using the uncompressed file.

Sorry for my bad english.

dr_rus

wolfoldblood_x64_2015iyqfm.jpg

wolfoldblood_x64_20151hpg2.jpg

Jpgs with 100% quality still has compression artifacts, the quality is still below png.

Png has losseless compression, there is not any point in using the uncompressed file.

Sorry for my bad english.

JPEG at 100% quality is 2-3 times smaller than a PNG while providing almost the exact same quality. JPEG at 97-99% quality is 2-3 times smaller than JPEG with 100% quality while the resulting image is still very good and most of times indistinguishable from both PNG and 100% JPEG.

I honestly see no point in using PNG when sharing screenshots. PNG is good for per pixel quality comparisons and lossless storage. I usually just scroll past PNG images in this thread while they're loading - and I'm on a 100Mbit connection. JPEGs are loading several times faster.

Does having cheat engine running make anyone else lock up when you open the inventory screen?

It does if you have the timestop script active. Just make sure it's disabled first. The table has a "kill all scripts" hotkey disable any running scripts just for situations like that (alt + numpad5).

Unfortunately I get that lock even without cheat engine.... =\

viveks86

It does if you have the timestop script active. Just make sure it's disabled first. The table has a "kill all scripts" hotkey disable any running scripts just for situations like that (alt + numpad5).

Unfortunately I get that lock even without cheat engine.... =\

Jim... 1.04… GoG… help! :(

Nice, but is it just me or are your gamma levels slightly off? Looks a little washed out.

If we lived in a world where those were the only 2 screenshots I posted, then maybe I can see how you'd come to that conclusion :p

I think it's just the area \ weather \ ToD combination.

Here's a few shots I took right after the 1.04 patch to check the texturebias changes..

18103033362_b0c824d044_o.jpg

17492731413_9b95072dc6_o.jpg

Gamma seems fine

viveks86

If we lived in a world where those were the only 2 screenshots I posted, then maybe I can see how you'd come to that conclusion :p

I think it's just the area \ weather \ ToD combination.

Here's a few shots I took right after the 1.04 patch to check the texturebias changes..

18103033362_b0c824d044_o.jpg

17492731413_9b95072dc6_o.jpg

Gamma seems fine

Jim? Senpai? Any chance of getting the latest CE table to work for the gog version? I feel like a junkie that has run out of supplies :(

Nick Pal

The Witcher 3/Reshade+Framework

18147630255_d1a4de2146_o.png

18124809236_34f489be63_o.jpg

So it turns out I had HairWorks turned off all this time. I couldn't believe the difference when I turned it on.

Top Bottom