• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 PC Screenshot Thread of the Only Place Where Compression Isn't

Quite enjoying flying around in SE...

16278323041_9b687c58c6_o.jpg

I just like it. Kinda bummed me out experiencing it for the first time

Though any screenshots of Elise would be good. There's some nice cutscenes in the game. I understand a few have been posted before but unless you see them as they're posted it's hard to sort through pages and pages with horrible Australian Internet :3

I have 1 screen of Elise but I don't know if it's what you're looking for. (I posted this in 2014 Thread)
Elise

I just like it. Kinda bummed me out experiencing it for the first time

Though any screenshots of Elise would be good. There's some nice cutscenes in the game. I understand a few have been posted before but unless you see them as they're posted it's hard to sort through pages and pages with horrible Australian Internet :3

I've got one of the ending. Please anyone else don't click if you don't want a major spoiler
http://i.picpar.com/1Klb.png

16278513931_29761a02ba_o.png

She looks rather hot here as well. They did a good job capturing the female character. We don't usually post cut scenes so you probably won't find many here .

16278582411_f260076597_k.jpg

Spazznid

Have you tried Marty's new Magic DOF? He wrote it himself so it might work better than the others.

It does work a bit better, but I need something I can say "I want everything beyond 20 feet or so to be out of focus or something. Also gotta find out why the buffer goes black every now and then.

It does work a bit better, but I need something I can say "I want everything beyond 20 feet or so to be out of focus or something. Also gotta find out why the buffer goes black every now and then.

This is why I've primarily stuck to the GP65CJ042DOF shader. It's the only one i know how to tweak a manual focus distance. I have no idea which setting in Matso's DoF can control that.

Quite enjoying flying around in SE...

16278323041_9b687c58c6_o.jpg

I think he changed the HDR settings (Vladimir Romanyuk) or I'm missing something, there are 3 settings now and none of them makes the stars disappear anymore when you look at a bright object... it felt kinda more realistic before :/
(I know I can change it manually everytime but it was perfect visually before imo)
Also, volcanos don't really look good. I'm not trying to be overly critical as it is still mighty impressive for one man doing all of this but I was hoping for a more realistic approach with smoke and more detailed craters. They look more like a starfish at the moment.
Glad the Nvidia bug is gone now.

Awaiting screenshots of the catacombs in Dead Kings. ._.

I was gonna take screens in Dead Kings but when I disable the HUD there's still quest markers showing for some reason. Even when I'm not doing a mission and disable HUD the quest marker for the next mission is always there. I guess I'll have to finish the DLC before taking screens...

diaspora

Reshade depth of field options blurring the HUD is killing me. It looks so good and yet conversations in Dragon Age Origins are unusable.

Rigbaby

Neo Member
Dead Space 3 @5K + ReShade

Really digging some of the Filmic shaders in ReShade. Depth of Field works so good in this game that sometimes I forget it's not built in. This game also has a real problem with aliasing. Thankfully I can downsample like crazy and it barely affects the frame rate. I can still get nearly 60fps at 5K. I'll have to try GeDoSaTo to see how far I can push it.

Now that is awesome, mind sharing your reshade.fx preset for DS3?
Edit- I just saw your post with the settings (thanks!)

Also if anyone here has a new or updated custom profile involving reshade, please feel free to share and update them on thelazy :)

Lime

I turned that shit up because TR vanilla was way too drab. I could've balanced it better but somehow tinkering in SweetFx in TR isn't instantenous (or something was wrong with my config file).

robgrab

Now that is awesome, mind sharing your reshade.fx preset for DS3?
Edit- I just saw your post with the settings (thanks!)

Also if anyone here has a new or updated custom profile involving reshade, please feel free to share and update them on thelazy :)

I just updated my post to include the original (uncropped) version of that screen.

What FX did you enable? Those are amazing settings, would you care to share them with us?

Thanks

Thank you! Here are my settings, although keep in mind that they don't seem to work with any version other than 1.0.302. Copying and pasting the settings I used into an updated ReShade file doesn't seem to work eithe, so you might have to type them in manually.

Also, as Jim pointed out there are some crushed blacks in there. I quite like crushed blacks, especially in screenshots and photography, but if you don't like them simply change #define Levels_black_point to 0 instead of 5.

Last of LotF for me, I think.

16099525860_4db6dd9d84_o.jpg

Also, as Jim pointed out there are some crushed blacks in there. I quite like crushed blacks, especially in screenshots and photography, but if you don't like them simply change #define Levels_black_point to 0 instead of 5.

Indeed. Don't really like it in photography either. But I'm starting to think I'm alone in this around here...

I've seen worst. Lime's are not that agressive.

These are from the same scene (just grabbing shots on this page):

That's pretty aggressive.

I turned that shit up because TR vanilla was way too drab. I could've balanced it better but somehow tinkering in SweetFx in TR isn't instantenous (or something was wrong with my config file).

Well, I agree with the bolded. When I finally had a chance to explore that game via free cam, I did not think it was all that pretty.

When you make SweetFX tweaks, the changes should happen when you use teh reload key.

ReShade changes happen as soon as you save the file. I'm loving it.

Filben

Indeed. Don't really like it in photography either. But I'm starting to think I'm alone in this around here...
Nope, you're not.

I'm also no user of SweetFX and other injections because I find myself often enough more fiddling around with the settings than actually playing it. And in the end the changes are always very subtle (I don't want to change the tone of a game completeley) not worth the effort. I only use it if a game usees some odd fog/veil that I don't like.

A well calibrated monitor does play a big role, too.

Mass Effect
16198223052_27380faaf2_o.jpg

16173203506_baa3faec76_o.jpg

Hmmmm, I just changed my Windows colour profile because it's been really strange lately (making all images extremely dark and look like they're compressed) and my screenshots no longer have crushed blacks. In fact, everyone's screenshots look much better, but I'm confused now. Do I have the right settings or have I been doing something weird when converting PNGs to JPEGs in Photoshop?

These are my Windows 8.1 colour profiles (you can see them by searching for "Color Management"), and these are my Photoshop CC colour settings (Ctrl Shift K). Are these settings correct?

Anyway, here's a couple more shots of Space Engine...

16104395280_04185a9271_o.jpg

16291747945_9c0038c45c_o.jpg

Filben

and my screenshots no longer have crushed blacks. In fact, everyone's screenshots look much better,
Then you have the right settings ;) You could do some black levels test http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/black.php

You should distinguish every quadrangle clearly.
On an ideal monitor, all of them should be distinguishable, even the very dark first row of squares. Of course, the black background should be as dark as possible. The square labeled '255' is the brightest possible value, which can help to subjectively judge the contrast ratio

Top Bottom