• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 PC Screenshot Thread of the Only Place Where Compression Isn't

Thorgal

And thats a wrap for The OG game .

Merry Christmas eve everybody !

assassinscreed_dx1020g9un5.jpg

rashbeep

Banned
ULM is a very messy method of getting nice lighting, whereas STLM has had each zones lighting modified specifically by the mod creator.

Sorry, I was talking about E3 2014. Here's a comparison (can you guess which is which?. As you can see it does much more than just changing colours, remember, that's what reshade is for :D

Yep, STLM is really the closest you can get to those visuals. After playing with it for a few days, I do like it for the most part. One area that looks pretty bad however, is the area just outside of the bog in Velen. The sky gets really desaturated for some reason and it's really distracting.

DD

Yo, for real, though. That show took everything I loved about my favorite anime of all time and flushed it down the toilet, and instead of passing, it came back up the plumbing as compound shit.

I never watched it (actually I watched the first episode and it was terrible :p). But the drawing is pretty cool. =B

Section-Nine

Neo Member
Yeah, I wish there were better ways of capturing Warframe.

Totally agree with you just limited ways to take shots in this game, having to get creative to achieve them gets annoying (spectator mode or synthesis scanner etc.) The environments in this game are beautiful with great detail to them, shame to not be able to capture them properly.

These shots are from 2014 before they overhauled the games lighting. From my understanding it was to accommodate the PS4 & XB1 versions as to simplify/streamline the updates for all platforms. :(

warframe.x642014-03-2s0u51.png

warframe.x642014-04-0ohzlt.png

Spazznid

Totally agree with you just limited ways to take shots in this game, having to get creative to achieve them gets annoying (spectator mode or synthesis scanner etc.) The environments in this game are beautiful with great detail to them, shame to not be able to capture them properly.

These shots are from 2014 before they overhauled the games lighting. From my understanding it was to accommodate the PS4 & XB1 versions as to simplify/streamline the updates for all platforms. :(

warframe.x642014-03-2s0u51.png

warframe.x642014-04-0ohzlt.png

That new sniper rifle actually doesn't have a weird filter or color grading that I could tell. Might be something to look into.

Section-Nine

Neo Member
That new sniper rifle actually doesn't have a weird filter or color grading that I could tell. Might be something to look into.

You know that's actually a great idea, especially if it really doesn't have a filter/color grading on zoom. Been meaning to try out the Rubico, might be time to do so. Thank you.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Here are two artsy screens of Life is Strange. No AA for higher clarity.

lis_1k9q4m.png

lis_2q8obb.png

I've been meaning to take more Fallout 4 screenshots, but the game works erroneously for me.

Elimina

Neo Member
are there any videos of this in action, or do any RP streamers use this setup? would be cool to see it

No, there are no videos of this in action. I just took my Fallout 4 ReShade preset and put in in Gmod with a few different graphics mods and Nvidia AO. The DoF doesn't work in motion sadly, but it makes a still scene look beautiful :D

If you want, I can make a short explanation of my settings in a steam guide and give you the link to it. just ask

dr_rus

Does anyone know why Flickr has been downgrading my images of late? I've noticed it on my real life photos as well, and now on my screenshots.

Compare this:

witcher32015-12-2400-x9sya.jpg

To this:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/66289877@N04/23566833879/in/dateposted-public/

Seriously? Look at those clouds. It's godawful. :(

This isn't downgrade per se. The images have different color profiles. The one on the abload.de doesn't have any and the one on Flickr has sRGB profile embedded. Depending on what you use to view them (in both s/w and h/w) you will get different colors.

Spazznid

Rösti;190362851 said:
Here are two artsy screens of Life is Strange. No AA for higher clarity.

lis_1k9q4m.png

lis_2q8obb.png

I've been meaning to take more Fallout 4 screenshots, but the game works erroneously for me.

Wouldn't want anything erroneous, eh?

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Wouldn't want anything erroneous, eh?
He he. Well, the thing is I have to run Fallout 4 under the Microsoft Basic Render Driver to even get it to start, and even then it fails like eight times out of ten. And performance is around 1 FPS in 1920x1080, so taking screenshots requires a lot of patience.

Top Bottom