• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 PC Screenshot Thread of the Only Place Where Compression Isn't

Nick Pal

Sleeping Dogs Definitive/Mastereffect

sdhdship_2015_04_16_1ickeo.png

Blizzard

Banned
The dark scene with the eye lens flares feels iconic, but I can't think if it reminds me of something specific.

I'm thinking of the sinister strangers in the movie Dark City, but they didn't have lens flares or a glow on their heads.

One3rd

Nifty. Whats up with the eyebeams?
That's a DLC digital trip, where you avoid people with security cameras for heads.
Exactly as Dinjorala says. It's a minigame where you need to capture key points while avoiding, or stealth killing, these camera headed automatrons. They search around for you with different colored lights depending on their level of awareness.

Blue=passive searching
Yellow=alert searching
Red=chase and kill you with burning hot microwave stare!

The dark scene with the eye lens flares feels iconic, but I can't think if it reminds me of something specific.

I'm thinking of the sinister strangers in the movie Dark City, but they didn't have lens flares or a glow on their heads.
Thank you! That was the movie I was thinking about when taking that shot but couldn't remember the name.

Übermatik;160415491 said:
It's barely noticeable to me? You know there's a red sign/barrel behind it, right? That might be what you're mistaking as CA.

Yeah I see the red barrel behind, but the CA is really noticeable on that cactus. Its all over it from top to bottom, its all distorted.

I didn't even realize this game had CA on 360 or X1, but I can't unsee it on PC, maybe because I'm sitting closer with a cleaner image.

I'm all for extra graphical effects, I love them all from DOF to motion blur, but I just don't get CA. *shrugs*

the shadows:
http://replygif.net/i/100.gif[/IMG[/QUOTE]

Yeah, shadows were set to the highest under Graphics but then there's more shadow options under advanced. Not tried them yet but read they kill the frame rate. Most shadows seems pretty good but others don't and some flicker or swap.

I'm using Afterburner for screens for the first time but the cursor keeps showing,. I would use sweetfx but it makes the game run at 1fps and can't get past the intro.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Please forgive my ignorance but what does this mean: "GTA V 4k -> 1080"

Is it like 4K downscaled or something? What is the benefit of doing that?

robgrab

Based on the screenshots I've seen of GTA V so far a mod adding subsurface scattering to make skin look more realistic would be nice. While environmental stuff looks natural character's skin looks like shiny plastic.

Top Bottom