• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 PC Screenshot Thread of the Only Place Where Compression Isn't

R8TEDM3

Woah..best scenic pics so far imo. Outstanding captures.

Thanks Pal! Ace job you're doing with those presets lately :) Those pic's you quoted came from my Reshade preset, i've been working on for a few days now! Not quite there yet, but it's late now. and i'll get back at it tomorrow!

Last two for tonight!

16610541683_d62b0069c6_o.png

17204800046_26d6d7b191_o.png

Nick Pal

You guys are killing it with your GTA shots. When you raise the bar like that it hopefully makes everyone a better screenshotter including myself.

Thanks Pal! Ace job you're doing with those presets lately :) Those pic's you quoted came from my Reshade preset, i've been working on for a few days now! Not quite there yet, but it's late now. and i'll get back at it tomorrow!

Thanks mate! Reshade is my new hobby :) It's fun. Keep those shots coming, your preset looks great.

Zoolader

This guy scared the crap out of me. I thought it was a shark at first, but even when I realized what it was I still wasn't sure what it was going to do to me. I'm gonna hunt one down and take more pictures with it now that I know he wont eat me.

igCYqZMD470Az.png

Thorgal

anyone managed to get reshade working with GTA5 ?

Every time i try, the game either crashes or the injector does not work .

Kinda annoying how you can't change the graphics settings in the editor, you have to go back into the game itself to do so. For the screenshots, I turned off FXAA, turned on MSAA x4 and TXAA, set shadow quality from high to very high, Post FX from very high to ultra and shadow softness from softer to softest. Seems like very high shadow quality improves the AO quite a bit. I've posted links to the screenshots with my normal gameplay settings.

With my normal settings.
C5tb.png

Gameplay settings.
B5tb.png

Spazznid

Was playing around in Ground Zeroes yesterday at 4k res with most settings maxed out. Running two R9 290s (profile for the game got released with GTAV profile). Works better than I expected really. Ranging from 33-50fps.

Such a beautiful game.
Here's the flickr album for it since embedding 4k images here can get pretty heavy.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/129180298@N03/sets/72157649800310523

Not if they're 100% Quality JPEGs.

This forum auto sizes images per display. There's nothing wrong with posting 4K images as long as they aren't huge PNGs.

AlanOC91

Not if they're 100% Quality JPEGs.

This forum auto sizes images per display. There's nothing wrong with posting 4K images as long as they aren't huge PNGs.

Oh sweet didn't know that.

Steam takes them as PNGs so I guess if I converted them to JPEGS through Photoshop they should come out the same?

What is hotsampling?
Running a game in windowed mode and using SRWE to resize your window to a much larger resolution for screenshots.

This allows you to play at any resolution you're comfortable with (for example, 1920x1080). Then when you're ready to take a screenshot, you swap to a much higher resolution with the same aspect ratio (like 5120x2880). In that case, the window will be so large that it won't fit on your screen, but a screenshot will still capture the whole frame. After capturing a shot, you can resize the window back down and resume playing.

Then you can downsample the images for aliasing-free screenshots.

Here's a crappy one I took of GTAV downsampled from ~24 megapixels.

17008685080_75f860567a_o.jpg

Short version:

Running a game in windowed mode and using SRWE to resize your window to a much larger resolution for screenshots.

This allows you to play at any resolution you're comfortable with (for example, 1920x1080). Then when you're ready to take a screenshot, you swap to a much higher resolution with the same aspect ratio (like 5120x2880). In that case, the window will be so large that it won't fit on your screen, but a screenshot will still capture the whole frame. After capturing a show, you can resize the window back down and resume playing.

Then you can downsample the images for aliasing-free screenshots.

Here's a crappy one I took of GTAV downsampled from ~24 megapixels.
Thanks for the explanation!

Spazznid

Oh sweet didn't know that.

Steam takes them as PNGs so I guess if I converted them to JPEGS through Photoshop they should come out the same?

Yep, as long as you keep the quality at 100% when PS asks you.

This shot made me miss Taki in SoulCal...

Hi guys, this is my first time in GAF. You will see me a lot on this thread :p Hope you like my shots

Dragon Age Inquisition

it2sONYBjKFBg.jpg

iXqJo4YA0cmf2.jpg

Great first post! Bad timing! ha, but still nice shots.

Top Bottom