• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015: The Year of Playstation [All Exclusive Games]

Compared to sony's first party output last gen this is pretty bad. Yes indies pick up some slack but I did not pay $400 to play cheap games I can play on steam. The order looks terrible. Until dawn is a gimmick game, probably bad too. They got bloodbourne which is more of a third party game and uncharted 4. That's it? This holiday was pretty bad too drive club, LBP3 is great but it's really a ps3 game.

It's taking forever to get their usual studio games out.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Ys is almost certainly 2016 in the west, if not early 2017. Depends on if Falcom makes the game even bigger/more text heavy and how busy they are for programming the western release. 99% sure XSEED will pick that up though.

PC kind of hurts the PS4 lineup for me. Once you cut out the games that I'd get there instead of PS4 I'm not left with a whole lot. Ys for sure. Probably Bloodborne. Maybe Rime. Maybe Type-0 depending on how improved it is (assuming it doesn't come to PC later, I'm fairly confident at least XV will and wouldn't be surprised if Type-0 did too).

PS3 has Tales of Zesteria, can't think of anything else.

Vita has... :(

Eolz

Ys is almost certainly 2016 in the west, if not early 2017. Depends on if Falcom makes the game even bigger/more text heavy and how busy they are for programming the western release. 99% sure XSEED will pick that up though.

PC kind of hurts the PS4 lineup for me. Once you cut out the games that I'd get there instead of PS4 I'm not left with a whole lot. Ys for sure. Probably Bloodborne. Maybe Rime. Maybe Type-0 depending on how improved it is (assuming it doesn't come to PC later, I'm fairly confident at least XV will and wouldn't be surprised if Type-0 did too).

PS3 has Tales of Zesteria, can't think of anything else.

Vita has... :(

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised to see Ys and Type-0 getting PC releases later on.

Liamc723

Compared to sony's first party output last gen this is pretty bad. Yes indies pick up some slack but I did not pay $400 to play cheap games I can play on steam. The order looks terrible. Until dawn is a gimmick game, probably bad too. They got bloodbourne which is more of a third party game and uncharted 4. That's it? This holiday was pretty bad too drive club, LBP3 is great but it's really a ps3 game.

Oh wow. Are you sure you like videogames? They all look amazing.

Megatron

Unfortunately that's the realities of today's game economies. Games cost so much and take so long to make that the fun small titles are just gone now. No more loco Rocco, or patapon or intelligent Quebe or pa rappa, etc. those are now essentially made by indie studios now while the big boys make AAA games exclusively.

Sony's list for 2015 appears the best of the big 3, at least from what we know now. And that's really all you can compare them to. The lesson as always is don't buy a console if you aren't sure it's worth it to you.

Hikami

God Eater 2: Rage Burst better get localized. :I
I was expecting an announcement from Bamco at PSX but instead we got Godzilla..

edit: missing Senran Kagura Estival Versus (PS4/Vita)

Servbot24

Banned
Looking like a great year. Nintendo also has at least 3 games I'll want... gonna be a tough year on my wallet for sure.

I haven't like UC so far, but UC4 looks really fun!

I'm not looking forward to having to get a new fightstick for SFV, but I probably will.

StoopKid

Wouldn't be surprised we get some more at e3.

Lbp3 and gran turismo 6 were both annouced a few months before release.

I'll most likely get Uncharted and Street Fighter V. Maybe The Order and Tearaway if they get good reviews.

Big maybe on some of those downloadable games. No Man's Sky might be good, but I haven't really seen much in the way of actual gameplay... it seems like it's mostly just wandering around and looking at the world. And hopefully Ninja Theory can make Hellblade as good as DmC without Capcom's help.

If a game is cross platform, I'm only going to play it on the current console....Which is the PS4. Why anyone would go backwards is confusing to me.

Oh wow. Are you sure you like videogames? They all look amazing.

Yes I love video games and I love ratchet, god of war, gran Turismo, LBP, and loved SOTC. Naughty Dog is the only team for Sony with normal output. MM is at what 4 years now without a console game? Santa Monica had a game canceled after 4 years development, who knows when God of war hits. Gran Turismo 6 was a waste on ps3 and driveclub is a disaster. No insomniac games. Team Ico is a lie. Guerrilla games next game is who knows how far away and shadow fall was one of the worst killzone games. We got the worst infamous game this year, who knows what sucker punch does next.

For sony's best studios outside naughty dog it's been a bad few years.

But Sony is covering their ass with big exclusives and great indie games.

Yes I love video games and I love ratchet, god of war, gran Turismo, LBP, and loved SOTC. Naughty Dog is the only team for Sony with normal output. MM is at what 4 years now without a console game? Santa Monica had a game canceled after 4 years development, who knows what God of war hits. Gran Turismo 6 was a waste on ps3 and driveclub is a disaster. No insomniac games. Team Ico is a lie. Guerrilla games next game is who knows how far away and shadow fall was one of the worst killzone games. We got the worst infamous game this year, who knows what sucker punch does next.

People are going to jump on this post more than they should because this is a PS hype thread, but that's actually a very fair assessment. It's been a rough go around for Sony studios since the gen started and while it's looking better, it's too early to be giving the year to them.

Konosuke

Oh my eyes, I hate seeing stretched images. Nice thread though OP, PlayStation's line up for 2015 is looking mighty good.

People are going to jump on this post more than they should because this is a PS hype thread, but that's actually a very fair assessment. It's been a rough go around for Sony studios since the gen started and while it's looking better, it's too early to be giving the year to them.

Again to be clear, I speak of Sony's main studios. The system itself has a fine library and I will be in heaven playing MGS5, Batman, Bloodbourne, and Uncharted.

Yes I love video games and I love ratchet, god of war, gran Turismo, LBP, and loved SOTC. Naughty Dog is the only team for Sony with normal output. MM is at what 4 years now without a console game? Santa Monica had a game canceled after 4 years development, who knows when God of war hits. Gran Turismo 6 was a waste on ps3 and driveclub is a disaster. No insomniac games. Team Ico is a lie. Guerrilla games next game is who knows how far away and shadow fall was one of the worst killzone games. We got the worst infamous game this year, who knows what sucker punch does next.

A bad few years? I don't see it at all. Sucker Punch had a very good game come out this year. A new God of War game came out last year. You say GT6 was a waste, why? Because it was a PS3 game? Media Molecule made a great game in teraway. I agree that Shadow Fall was the worst Killzone game, and drive club was a major screw up. It's a console transition, you can't have all your studios release games the same year, then you have nothing for the next year. I think if you look at next years release schedule and then factor in the studios that still have unannounced games you can see that Sony will have a solid stream of first and third party exclusives for at least the next 2-3 years which is what they and most people who bought a PS4 want.

You forgot The Last Guardian...

M5HYoVU.jpg

sora87

Insane list, Sony really are going all out next year. The best thing about it is it's such a diverse list.
Anyone who says PS4 has no games.. well they're just plain silly now.

Great list OP, thanks. Happy to be a PS player right now. And with a few delayed games like Batman and Witcher hitting, wow, 2015 is gonna be killer. It's probably the year I get a Wii U, too. Now I just need to find more hours in a day...

A bad few years? I don't see it at all. Sucker Punch had a very good game come out this year. A new God of War game came out last year. You say GT6 was a waste, why? Because it was a PS3 game? Media Molecule made a great game in teraway. I agree that Shadow Fall was the worst Killzone game, and drive club was a major screw up. It's a console transition, you can't have all your studios release games the same year, then you have nothing for the next year. I think if you look at next years release schedule and then factor in the studios that still have unannounced games you can see that Sony will have a solid stream of first and third party exclusives for at least the next 2-3 years which is what they and most people who bought a PS4 want.
Stop making so much sense.

I was referring to the ones coming out on PC as well, but I guess you guys are counting those as exclusives so nvm.

hmm
No Mans Sky is time exclusive on Ps4.
then we have Street Fighter 5 - which is console exclusive on Ps4- i didnt want to make a extra category for it (but i mentioned the PC Version)

Hellblade is also timexclusive.

Great list OP, thanks. Happy to be a PS player right now. And with a few delayed games like Batman and Witcher hitting, wow, 2015 is gonna be killer. It's probably the year I get a Wii U, too. Now I just need to find more hours in a day...

2015 will be a killer year for every gamer.

Bloodborne
The Order 1886
The Witcher 3
Final Fantasy Type 0
Tearaway
Batman
Uncharted

Time to save some money

I'm definitely in for Uncharted, Until Dawn, Tearaway and Deep Down. Maybe some of the other downloadable titles, too, as I don't know a ton about them all.

The Order didn't wow me at E3, but I will play it. I'm just not in a rush.

Synth

I would even go so far as to say, that it will be one of the best years in the history of Playstation.

You may recall both the PS1 and PS2 existed. Kinda hard for any year in the current climate to be one of the best in PlayStation history.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
You forgot Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward, out in Spring 2015. First major expansion for the game, should be great.

Elios83

You forgot about Grim Fandango!!!! Thread invalidated!

And The Witness, Vanishing of Ethan Carter, Everyone's gone to the rapture.

Among the best indie titles :D

In reference to bolded:

Uh....hmmm....what??

Top Bottom