• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016/2017 UEFA Champions League Final |OT| Juventus vs Real Madrid

Paracelsus

Holy shit at those journalists during Zidane press conference that mentioned catenaccio when talking about juve.

Like,can you be more fucking clueless?

It's called denial, a bad word on neogaf. Barcelona and Monaco weren't enough, they still all think they threw the game and not that Juventus dominated them. Then, you have comments like

Madrid styled on Bayern tbh

which is a complete utter alteration of the truth.

Juve has a massive advantage with Buffon

Peruzzi deflected 1 in 1996 and they won, Buffon deflected 2 in 2003 and they lost. The keeper is the very last factor in the penalty shootout, shooters are the main reason one wins, see 2006 ITA v FRA.

Pachimari

It wasn't long ago Keylor was one of the best penalty stoppers, so I hope he finds that form if it goes to penalty kick out lol.

And yeah, Juventus are definitely gonna be tough to score against. And I think they're attack are gonna be lethal tomorrow night. Quite nervous.

Tubie

It wasn't long ago Keylor was one of the best penalty stoppers, so I hope he finds that form if it goes to penalty kick out lol.

And yeah, Juventus are definitely gonna be tough to score against. And I think they're attack are gonna be lethal tomorrow night. Quite nervous.

I was just watching last years shootout and he was terrible in it :(

We got lucky Juanfran missed 1.

Tonight is when I'll have trouble sleeping.

I'm thinking Juve has the advantage on this one, simply because Madrid's defense has been kinda mediocre all season long.

We did score on every single La Liga match this season for the first time ever, but I don't think Juve will be that easy to score against.

If Juve's offense is on point they can win this 1-0 or even 2-0, and if it goes to penalties then Juve has a massive advantage with Buffon.

i barely remember juve winning against ajax, but the two finals against dortmund and madrid are in my thoughts

2003 was the worst

my biggest fear are the final penalties, just kill me now

Tubie

1496174096_299634_1496174633_noticia_normal.jpg

Juve has the advantage imo.

Each teams defense will be the deciding factor here, and Juve is clearly better here.

spekkeh

Banned
I usually like Real Madrid more, but I don't want the richest club buying their wins and become even richer. So for the sake of the football game (really because I like rooting for the underdog) I'm going to cheer for the old lady.

I usually like Real Madrid more, but I don't want the richest club buying their wins and become even richer. So for the sake of the football game (really because I like rooting for the underdog) I'm going to cheer for the old lady.

Because Juve's players are all homegrown? In fact, I can't remember the last time a Madrid squad had this many players come through their academy.

There will come a moment in this game when Ronaldo will have a moment to impact the game, however he ill see Buffon a mess up.

I called the same thing before the Semi two years ago, IIRC that moment happened in the second leg.

If this happens, he will be the first GK ever to win the Ballon d'or.

He would be the second.

RocknRola

Like I said in the Football OT:

Best of luck to both RM and Juve! Hope it's a great final! Let the best team win!

Majukun

real will win,for a simple reason..most of juventus strenght it's in their defense, but real madrid has always scored at least a goal and it's way too strong with its forwards to be kept at 0.
my "prediction" is that real will manage to score an early goal and this will throw juventus off balance.
that being said,i'm no Nostradamus .

Clydefrog

Zidane is my #2 favorite player of all time but I still want Juventus to win. To see him lift that trophy would be cool, I guess.

oh I also dislike Real Madrid

SRV

I could never support Juve, but to say they don't deserve it is ridiculous. They have only conceded 3 goals the entire competition, that's phenomenal!
Should they win, I'll be happy for Gigi, he deserves it. However, I'll be supporting Real.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Grudgingly supporting Juve as the lesser of two evils. Hopefully it's an exciting match.

RocknRola

Wait, the Blakc Eyed Peas are gonna perform before the match? Wut.

I don't want any Superbowl in muh football! >.>

Lkr

anyone else cheering for Juventus because they hate Ronaldo?

anyone else is a joke, i know that will be half of the thread

isn't there a YouTube livestream? or is that UK only?

khedira or kroos.... i think ill go with khedira since he did not play for bayern munich

juve is pretty much the richest club in italy too

Regginator

Madrid is going to have a tough time scoring the first one, but they'll definitely get one in. And when that happens, Juve has to attack and Madrid will decimate them. I expect a rather boring first half, and then second half all-out. I would have loved Buffon to win, but not at the expense of Real.

VAMOS REAL

Top Bottom