• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016/2017 UEFA Champions League Final |OT| Juventus vs Real Madrid

Regginator

I usually like Real Madrid more, but I don't want the richest club buying their wins and become even richer. So for the sake of the football game (really because I like rooting for the underdog) I'm going to cheer for the old lady.

lol what... Juve is the Madrid of Italy, without a doubt the biggest club of Italy in all aspects, from money to trophies won. And they're the 5th most decorated club of the world, 4th if you count UEFA trophies, and the 10th richest in the world.

So no, Juve is hardly the underdog. If anything, on paper this is the closest final we've had in years.

Niks

Would be nice if Juve wins, but real is the better team right now. Their lineup is just incredible.

Juve, pls. Real Madrid is one of the most scumbag clubs on the planet (alongside the Yankees and Red Sox). Also they were a fascist dictator's plaything.

Fuck Madrid. Messi > Ronaldo

Fdkn

It is tiring seeing all these complain everywhere when those commented had zero knowledge on what actually happen.

Not as tiring as having to explain every time that Franco had nothing to do with Madrid, so get used to it.

Match fixing is not only paying a team to lose, Moggigate involved various forms of match fixing.

RocknRola

All Juve did was try to influence ref selection, a practice sadly everyone in Italy was doing(especially Inter, but they talked first to cover their arse and implicat everyone else), Juve never fixed a match.

Riiiigggghhhhhttttt.

Must be why the original punishment was just a fine and then it became relegation and stripping of two titles.

casiopao

All Juve did was try to influence ref selection, a practice sadly everyone in Italy was doing(especially Inter, but they talked first to cover their arse and implicate everyone else), Juve never fixed a match.

Which actually is encouraged by FIGC but somehow, when Juventus did it, we are the monster. Disgusting.

Majukun

You what?

A taker always holds the advantage, a good keeper ensures that only the best penalties beat him. Buffon is one of the keepers.

Just like in 2006

in 2006 he never once picked the right corner to dive, NOT ONCE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3B0TCrZo9I0

Italy won that because Trezegeut hit the bar

as i said,Buffon is a great goalkeeper,but it doesn't mean he has to be great at everything, and penalties have always been his Achilles' heel..that doesn't mean he has never ever saved one in his career, but i wouldn't count on that

Fuck Real Madrid. I dislike everything from the team as a whole, scumbag players, and shady directives.

Having them win two CL titles in a row would be bad for football and even life itself, so I hope Juve keep doing what they do best and win the title they deserve.

RocknRola

Fuck Real Madrid. I dislike everything from the team as a whole, scumbag players, and shady directives.

Having them win two CL titles in a row would be bad for football and even life itself, so I hope Juve keep doing what they do best and win the title they deserve.

Sweet Jebus!

Some of you guys do understand there'll be MORE Champions League's to win right? :p Next year, the year after that, and so forth hehe :p

norm9

jaja. real on an unstoppable roll

RocknRola

Some cool decorations around Cardiff!

in 2006 he never once picked the right corner to dive, NOT ONCE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3B0TCrZo9I0

Italy won that because Trezegeut hit the bar

as i said,Buffon is a great goalkeeper,but it doesn't mean he has to be great at everything, and penalties have always been his Achilles' heel..that doesn't mean he has never ever saved one in his career, but i wouldn't count on that

You are right, poor selection on my point.

However, penalties have not been his Achilles heel. Gigi has saved many of big penalties in his career. As I said, in a shootout you just try and minimise the damage. Buffon has done just fine throughout his career.

casiopao

Not as tiring as having to explain every time that Franco had nothing to do with Madrid, so get used to it.

Match fixing is not only paying a team to lose, Moggigate involved various forms of match fixing.

You mean Moggi talking to some referee JUST Like what FIGC actually encourage to do? When Moratti from Inter literally did the same thing?

And when it is proven in criminal trials that Blue Merda is the one who benefit from it the most, The case had been closed down. Yeahh right.

Riiiigggghhhhhttttt.

Must be why the original punishment was just a fine and then it became relegation and stripping of two titles.

Yeah. Must be why FIGC is shitting their pants being afraid to get sued by Juventus when the sporting tribunal had seen all the new facts where Juventus is not as guilty as it is painted?

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/ital...ells-juventus-drop-443m-lawsuit-and-well-talk

RocknRola

See the post below.

I'm sorry, but if Juve REALLY weren't guilty of anything serious, they wouldn't have been punished, not the way they were. Not them nor nay of the other clubs involved. Arguing that "everyone does it" doesn't really hold up for anything.

And I honestly don't even care that much, it's stuff that it's well in the past at this point in time and arguably, in the grand scheme of things, worked in Juve's favour as far as the League is concerned ( I mean, bloody hell 6 in a row and more than likely 7 in a row a year from now!)

Sweet Jebus!

Some of you guys do understand there'll be MORE Champions League's to win right? :p Next year, the year after that, and so forth hehe :p
Just taking the piss, mate lol

I really hope it doesn't go to penalties. Gigi's a great keeper, but not very good at pens. He's clearly gotten better at picking the direction of the shot, but he's too slow when reacting to make anything out of it (like at the last Euro's).

RocknRola

bud23

Juve were never done for match fixing.

Yes, they were

BxBeWPDIEAAk5gM.jpg

Man, the reactions when Madrid lift la Duodecima,... they will be priceless haha

Can´t wait

Now I hope Juve lose just for that and Allegri leaves to PSG

He is more likely to win and head to RM.

Maybe Chelsea if Conte's daughter wants to stay in Italy ;p

I'm sorry, but if Juve REALLY weren't guilty of anything serious, they wouldn't have been punished, not the way they were. Not them nor nay of the other clubs involved. Arguing that "everyone does it" doesn't really hold up for anything.

And I honestly don't even care that much, it's stuff that it's well in the past at this point in time and arguably, in the grand scheme of things, worked in Juve's favour as far as the League is concerned ( I mean, bloody hell 6 in a row and more than likely 7 in a row a year from now!)

The worst tapes involved Inter, but they struck a deal.

Pachimari

All of that Real Madrid hate in here. Fucking lmao I'm loving it.

HALA MADRID!!!

Here's​ to La Duocima and back-to-back titles.

This is gonna be fucking GLORIOUS!

Yes, they were

BxBeWPDIEAAk5gM.jpg

Man, the reactions when Madrid lift la Duodecima,... they will be priceless haha

Can´t wait

Once again, show me a match Juve fixed. They were never done for mattch fixing,

The only priceless reactions will be when the Madrid fans start calling fix after the first goal against.

I am sure somehow the brain trust around here will bring it back on Barcelona.

casiopao

So, why don't they? If they can, if they have reason and justice on their side, why don't they? Surely if they know they are right and would win, they'd do just that no?

Because suing FGC is useless right now. What will we get? The money and then FIGC would collapse which will in the end cause Calcio League to collapse?

Juventus had no good moves to do at all there as no matter what they did, the damage had been done. Our reputation had been ruined in the world wide eyes. We got 2 of our title stolen. We also loses so much financial power which we had before and now we are not even in top 5 best football team in the world anymore.

Hell, to even ask for our 2 Scudetto returned to us had been faced with tons of problem as the statute of limitation had past way too long that they can't return us our 2 titles even with all the new evidence showing up.(Which of course funnily also the same reason why Blue Merda does not get punished at all when all the evidence come out and the period had pass by.)

I don't even care about Calciopoli nowadays as i know no one give a crap about the truth but i just can't handle seeing some people spew wrong info around.

Top Bottom