• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Shizza

Lost one for sure(Rodgers, Adams & Gates killed me)

Other two-

1st one ahead by 18 with Captain Kirk to go
2nd one- up by 8 with R Kelley left to my opponents Stewart and Carolina D left. Crossing fingers on this one.

I feel your pain man. Rodgers, Adams and Jennings did the same to me. I'm still up by 0.5 points, but my opponent has the Panthers Defense yet to play. What are the chances they put up a big fat 0?
I'm guessing zero

Jarnet87

I am not going to get 27 yards from R Kelley. It's time to take a year off.

edit 9:38 PM

images

That's my Running Back.

Wads

Banned
Made the finals in 1/2 leagues. The combo of Rodgers /Adams destroyed me. I had 5.50 combined from my 3 wr positions in that league 😩

Tom Nook

Holy crap my nerves are shot. I won by .6 points. Onto the finals.

That's funny, I lost by .6.... 112.20 to 112.85.............

What happened? NE receivers and Martin performance last Sunday. If NE receivers were to catch some of Brady's passes or If D Martin got at least 7 yds more.

Season wrap up:

Started 1-4 at the first 5 games, got a 5 game win streak, and end with a 8-5 record (3rd seed). Made it to the semi-finals, lost by .6pts.

Starting Roster at the beginning:
Dak Prescott QB
Frank Gore RB
Ezekiel Elliott RB
Jordy Nelson WR
Keenan Allen WR :(
Delanie Walker TE
Marvin Jones FLEX
Tucker K
SEA DEF

Ending Roster:
Brady QB
Martin RB; switch out Powell when Jets announced Forte is active.......
Elliott RB
Nelson WR
Tate WR
Brate TE
Jstew FLEX
Tucker K
SEA DEF.

Good luck your champion matches and we'll discuss again next season.

-SG

Well, I have officially come in last place in my 12 team league after finishing top 3 for 5 consecutive years. Was down by 15 with Olsen and Crowder left, but sadly, it was just not meant to be. This was not my year but I still had fun playing.

Good luck to those still gunning for a first place finish.

My apologizes ;_;
Friend.. why?

It was San Francisco friend..

Also should I bump the Ravens D for the NYG D?

I went with Captain Kirk since he had the most Fantasy points the last four weeks. Was glad I was ahead by a comfortable lead to not sweat it. But this week i'm going against a Dak/Zeke combo.

This time I'll roll with Matty Ice or pull a gutsy move and use pip. Nuk should be back to must start now since Savage is QB, right?

I went with Captain Kirk since he had the most Fantasy points the last four weeks. Was glad I was ahead by a comfortable lead to not sweat it. But this week i'm going against a Dak/Zeke combo.

This time I'll roll with Matty Ice or pull a gutsy move and use pip. Nuk should be back to must start now since Savage is QB, right?
Use Matty Ice.. yes...

And I would say it's might be worth starting Nuk again with Savage since he can throw the ball 10 yards down the field unlike Bork.

need a RB and Flex

R Kelley
Gurley
AP
Golden Tate
DaVante Adams

Also do I live/die with Haushka or try to pick Bryant, Seabass or Gostoski?

I'd probably go Kelley and Gurley. This is the week to trust Gurley. 9ers D is in disarray. Golden Tate isn't a bad play though, go with your gut.

Adams has been boom or bust, hard to trust during championship week. I wouldn't touch AP.

bgbball31

Alright, I am way overthinking everything this week.

Miami D, ATL D, Philly D, or Titans D? I'm thinking Philly

Hunter Henry or Jimmy Graham? Graham vs the #1 TE D. Graham is the obvious choice, but Henry is facing Cleveland.

Tyrell Williams (injury concern), Jarvis Landry, Sammy Watkins or Sterling Shepard as 2nd WR? All four have good match ups. Could slot one into flex if there is a potential of them outscoring Ingram or Gore (which I don't).

Who do I start in my flex for the championship game?

My starters:
RB Leveon Bell
RB Lesean McCoy

I am definitely starting those two.

My flex options are:
Todd Gurley vs. Niners
Jordan Howard vs. Redskins

Can only pick one.

It is a nice position to be in but it's giving me a headache. I've been riding Howard for weeks but it's tough to ignore the Niners atrocious defense. It's all tough to ignore that it's the Rams and they are horrible also.

My starters:
RB Leveon Bell
RB Lesean McCoy

My flex options are:
Todd Gurley vs. Niners

Can only pick one.

It is a nice position to be in but it's giving me a headache. I've been riding Howard for weeks but it's tough to ignore the Niners atrocious defense. It's all tough to ignore that it's the Rams and they are horrible also.
You do know that Gurley already played the 49ers this year, right? He only had 47 yards and no TD's. I'd still avoid starting him if at all possible

PPR:

Matt Ryan -QB- Dereck Carr

DeMarco Murray -RB- Jordan Howard

Rob Kelley -RB- Bilal Powell

Julio Jones -WR- Mike Evans

Brandin Cooks -WR- K. Britt

Amari Cooper -FLEX- P. Garçon

Cameron Brate -TE- Vernon Davis

Pats -D/ST- Vikings

Bryant -K- Janikowski

Bench: left mostly handcuffs + Taylor Gabriel

Bench: Right has Reed, Gore, McKinnon, and Lamar Miller. Lots of banged up guys and bad matchups.

Who do you like?

Alright, I am way overthinking everything this week.

Miami D, ATL D, Philly D, or Titans D? I'm thinking Philly

Hunter Henry or Jimmy Graham? Graham vs the #1 TE D. Graham is the obvious choice, but Henry is facing Cleveland.

Tyrell Williams (injury concern), Jarvis Landry, Sammy Watkins or Sterling Shepard as 2nd WR? All four have good match ups. Could slot one into flex if there is a potential of them outscoring Ingram or Gore (which I don't).
Henry is getting more targets than Gates right now. Graham scares me because last matchup was a 9-9 tie between the two teams.

PillarEN

I just wanted to boast that I made it into my 12 team league championship game YEAH BOIIII!!!!

I'm wonder wondering which of these 3 WR I should fit into two slots (Julio is taking up one). Sammy Watkins, Smith Sr., Willie Snead (at home in the dome).

Regular rules. No PPR

NYR

My starters:
RB Leveon Bell
RB Lesean McCoy

My flex options are:
Todd Gurley vs. Niners

Can only pick one.

Rams offense is garbage and Howard is performing. No brainer IMO, the only reason it is in question is you likely took Gurley early and have been burned, so your head is saying not to bench on of your top 3 picks. Been there - took Brandon marshall at the back half of the 2nd round but you can't be stubborn.

You do know that Gurley already played the 49ers this year, right? He only had 47 yards and no TD's. I'd still avoid starting him if at all possible
First game of the year. It is a different defense now. They've been destroyed by injuries since then. I mean, they still had NaVorro Bowman at that point.

I'm in the finals, so fucking hype right now. $800 for first and $200 for 2nd so it's a win win for me but i have a legit chance. He's undefeated and i was 2nd. It's a great RB match up, I have Zeke/DeMarco Murray vs Le'Veon Bell/David Johnson. My WR is balls (Fuck you Brandon Marshall) but TY Hilton saved my ass a bunch of weeks,. Larry Fitzgerald and isaiah Crowell has fucked me over so many times yet continue to get high projections.

Newton, Zeke, Murray, Hilton, Michael Thomas, Powell, Greg Olsen , and Dustin Hopkins is my team.

I need help with Defense. Giants or the Packers. Packers look better on paper but i have gut feeling Giants might destroy the Eagles.

QB options are currently Stafford or Palmer. Stafford is playing @Dallas while Palmer is @ Seattle.

Is it crazy to think about picking up Dalton or Barkley? It's the finals so everything is on the line.

Deacon

Hey guys. Looking for some advice for the championship. Mainly concerned about who to play at QB but I'm wavering on my flex and wr positions also. I picked up GB this week to replace the vikings as i think it was the best available.

Mariota against Jags is tempting. Is Green worth the risk? Over Baldwin or Thomas(Den is playing KC). Should I stick with Coleman at flex or should i drop in the rookie Shepard?

1QZVzl9.png

Cardigan

First time in the championship and I'm having issues locking down my WRs. I'm thinking I should start Hopkins since Savage is starting for Houston, but I'm also thinking Inman is a decent play. I'm worried Tyrell Williams won't see a ton of time since the Chargers are already out. Any advice here??

Here's my current starting lineup:
Philip Rivers - QB
LeSean McCoy - RB
Latavius Murray - RB
DeAndre Hopkins - WR
Ty Montgomery - WR
Kyle Rudolph - TE
Jordan Howard - FLEX
Chiefs - D/ST
Dan Bailey - K

WR Bench:
Tyrell Williams - WR
Brandon Marshall - WR
Jordan Matthews - WR
Kenny Britt - WR
Dontrelle Inman - WR

PillarEN

Decided I'm going to go with Smith Sr. and Watkins. Leaving Snead on the bench. I know the Bills can't really throw but he's their number one man and Miami isn't a crazy defense. Worst case scenario Shady picks up points for me if the throwing game is garbage.

I need help with Defense. Giants or the Packers. Packers look better on paper but i have gut feeling Giants might destroy the Eagles.
Well the Eagles were good last night with the 3 INTs. If you didn't play them, the Packers are a decent play too.
QB options are currently Stafford or Palmer. Stafford is playing @Dallas while Palmer is @ Seattle.

Is it crazy to think about picking up Dalton or Barkley? It's the finals so everything is on the line.
Checking most of my favorite fantasy rankings, a lot have Barkley higher than your other options. Dalton would seem safe but he has a tough matchup with the Texans. If not Barkley, get Kaep if he's still on waivers.
Hey guys. Looking for some advice for the championship. Mainly concerned about who to play at QB but I'm wavering on my flex and wr positions also. I picked up GB this week to replace the vikings as i think it was the best available.

Mariota against Jags is tempting. Is Green worth the risk? Over Baldwin or Thomas(Den is playing KC). Should I stick with Coleman at flex or should i drop in the rookie Shepard?

1QZVzl9.png
I'd say no on Green. Baldwin and Thomas are a lot safer and have higher floors. Like I said, the Texans D is tough against the pass and if Green tweaks that hamstring, they're not going to hesitate to sit him since the Bengals have nothing to play for.

Mariota is a good play.

Shepard had a good week, hope you played him.
First time in the championship and I'm having issues locking down my WRs. I'm thinking I should start Hopkins since Savage is starting for Houston, but I'm also thinking Inman is a decent play. I'm worried Tyrell Williams won't see a ton of time since the Chargers are already out. Any advice here??

Here's my current starting lineup:
Philip Rivers - QB
LeSean McCoy - RB
Latavius Murray - RB
DeAndre Hopkins - WR
Ty Montgomery - WR
Kyle Rudolph - TE
Jordan Howard - FLEX
Chiefs - D/ST
Dan Bailey - K

WR Bench:
Tyrell Williams - WR
Brandon Marshall - WR
Jordan Matthews - WR
Kenny Britt - WR
Dontrelle Inman - WR
Id' say Inman over Hopkins but you should go with your gut. Savage forced the ball to Hopkins last week and if he does that again, he could end up with a huge day.

If you want a safe play, go Inman. If you think you'll need big points and are prepared for boom or bust, go Hopkins.

I'm currently deciding between Inman and Watkins. The guy I'm playing has great RBs and I'm scared i'll need a ton of points to keep up.

Watkins was awful last week but if he blows up for 80 yards and 2 TDs during championship week and I sit him...ugh

I somehow made it to the finals at my work. Second year, only playing casually. Today I have

Matt Ryan
Spencer Ware
Ezekiel Elliot
Odell Beckham (already played)
Willie Snead
Connor Barth
Cardinals

Worried that Melvin Gordon isn't playing. Idk why but I've had 3 QBs all season. Ryan, Carr and Palmer.

In comparison my boss has
Kirk Cousins
Latavius Murray
David Johnson
Davante Adams
Brandin Cooks
Greg Olsen
Hauscka
and the Dolphins.

He's projected to have more points than me but I think those projections are trash anyway. Any time I'm supposed tob e ahead by double digits, my team collapses.

natjjohn

Have both Sims and Jacquizz. Start either OR stick with Demayrius. PPR and .2points per carry.

Wish this news had came out sooner to get an idea if one was going to be the bell cow!

Top Bottom