• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 Pokémon Winter Regional Championships - February 20th to 21st

Firestorm

2015-winter-regionals-banner.jpg

The Pokémon Winter Regional Championships will be streamed this weekend! The video game portion of the tournament will be on a dedicated stream this time around and start at 12:30 PM Central (10:30 AM Pacific) on Saturday. The elimination top cut will begin at 9:30 AM Central (7:30 AM Pacific) on Sunday.

Stream: http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/winter-regional-championships-2016/stream/

The streamed event will be the Collinsville Illinois event.

February 13, 2016
Farm Bureau Center at the Meadow Event Park
Doswell, VA

February 20, 2016
Gateway Center
Collinsville, IL

Business Expo Center
Anaheim, CA

February 27, 2016
Park Inn by Radisson Resort & Conference Center Orlando
Kissimmee, FL

Monarch Hotel & Conference Center
Clackamas, Oregon

Ruleset
All battles will be Double Battles played in Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire.

Time limits for battles will vary by event. At major events (Regional Championships and above), battles will have a 15-minute time limit, 45-second move timer, and a 90-second Team Preview.

Pokémon brought in via Poké Transporter will not be permitted (the blue pentagon is required).

All discovered Pokémon will be allowed except the following Mythical Pokémon: Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Diancie, and Hoopa.

Teams may have no more than two of the following Pokémon: Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde.

All items will be allowed except Soul Dew. Each Pokémon must hold a different item.
http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/the-2016-video-game-championship-format-has-been-announced/

I'll be in Anaheim and Clackamas so say hi if you're around!

Can't wait

Are these the teams for the tournament? I'm curious about competitive pokemon, but that team variety is boring. Looks like only one player has a unique team, but even them he or she still has a Cresselia which almost everyone else has. I am surprised to see Smeargle on these teams. I forget the pokemon exists sometimes.

Toxi

Banned
Can't wait
Dat Lilligant

7/8 teams have Primal Groudon.
7/8 teams have Talonflame.
7/8 teams have Kangaskhan.
6/8 teams have Xerneas.
6/8 teams have Smeargle.
5/8 teams have Salamence.
4/8 teams have Cresselia.

Are these the teams for the tournament? I'm curious about competitive pokemon, but that team variety is boring. Looks like only one player has a unique team, but even them he or she still has a Cresselia which almost everyone else has. I am surprised to see Smeargle on these teams. I forget the pokemon exists sometimes.
Smeargle can learn Dark Void, a move with good accuracy that puts both opponents to sleep.

Guess what all the Smeargles are packing.

Smeargle's pathetic defenses also matter less when everything can hit with a bajillion attack/special attack and OHKO most Pokemon anyway.

Firestorm

Top 8 starting now! All matches will be streamed. Only one Groudon + Xerneas core made Top 8.

I'm on my way to Anaheim now but can't decide on my team... Might do a weird hybrid.

Incredible diversity in the line ups. I'm gonna assume Liligant and Foonguss serve the exact same role.

I figure Liligant is for the Chlorophyl Sleep Powder. It doesn't have Rage Powder or Follow Me making it quite different from Amoonguss. I'm not sure what else it has going for it, After You and Helping Hand maybe?

I'm kinda curious about what the Smeargles were running.

Top Bottom