• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon VGC 2016 Ruleset - Up to 2 legendaries allowed per team

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Indeed

And a lot of stuff was workable in that. Just because a lot of people used similar stuff doesn't mean there's a lack of variety.

I commentated London regionals last month, and there was some great variety in the teams I saw.

Competed in Nationals in May, lots of cool stuff.
Are you still hoping to have plans to attend this Worlds?

*reads up on Desolate Land*

"Water-type moves fail"
:O

Primordial Sea is so much worse since Kyogre isn't x4 weak to Fire. :lol

And Primal Groudon gets STAB EQ? BAH GAWD

Is Earthquake even good in doubles? The damage is cut in half, and it either hurts your ally, or wastes his turn using protect (unless it's a flying type)

backlot

Spread moves do have a damage reduction but it's worth it to be able to hit two at once. It also stops Follow Me/Rage Powder redirection. Earthquake can be risky since it targets your partner, but that's why Landorus and Thunderus are commonly partnered together.

I thought moves that hit multiple Pokemon in double battles have their damage cut by how many Pokemon it hits?

It's cut by either 1/4 or 1/3 when it hits both opposing Pokemon.

I'm excited for this rule set. Looking forward to gearing my team up to counter Mega Ray and company. I was getting tired of seeing Kang and Landy over and over again.

It was only 30 battles with teams locked so hard to really get much out of it. All I got from my friend who took part was that Mega Rayquaza was underwhelming and that Primal Groudon was ridiculous as is Xerneas. I expect those two Pokemon to be what the better players gravitate towards early in the season as they try to figure out the format.
For those unaware Power Herb holding Xerneas is the common one here. It enables a very powerful 1 turn buff (uses Geomacy, then consumes power herb to instantly double speed, special attack and special defence).

Aw Mega Ray gets to have fun. I guess you wont be able to have Battlespot battles to test your teams with that rule.
I think that is a big thing to note here. Of course in previous years battle spot doubles hasn't always lined up with VGC rules but you could still use your team. With a bit of luck it will be a special format for one season.

Top Bottom