• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2017 PC Screenshot Thread

desmax

screenshot_20170122-17qunf.jpg

screenshot_20170122-1gwugu.jpg

Planetside 2
Sorry for the Shadowplay icon; tried taking a bunch of screenshots and steam crashed, so I used the in-game screenshot function

Hey hey,

How do I get to the watch dogs 2 photo mode/selfie pics? I found the U-play screenshot folder but none of the photo mode pics I have taken are there. cheers

R8TEDM3

Witcher 3. Does the vignette make these too dark? I took some without it too.

Been a while mate...you been in the dark:) lately huh? Anyway, on my tv 2nd pic in the 1st set looks lil darker, but the 2nd set of pic's you posted look mighty fine.

Welcome back btw!

31585134114_ec8428b598_o.jpg

31616776243_37562e3041_o.jpg

Darkdeus

Been a while mate...you been in the dark:) lately huh? Anyway, on my tv 2nd pic in the 1st set looks lil darker, but the 2nd set of pic's you posted look mighty fine.

Welcome back btw!

31585134114_ec8428b598_o.jpg

31616776243_37562e3041_o.jpg

Thanks! Been busy going back to school so not as much time for gaming. Also I spend a lot of the time I do have gaming in VR so it's not as conducive to screentshots : ) Nice shots as always though!

Nick Pal

Dead Space 3, reshade

The freecam is good in general but I wish there was a way to stop it from pivoting and swinging around the player. It's a real pain in the ass when doing some panos as it makes the whole process incredibly cumbersome.

deadspace3_2017_01_22larmq.jpg

deadspace3_2017_01_22e9owy.jpg

I think it looks fine in the 2nd shot but I'm not a fan of it when used against a white or lighter backdrop as in the 3rd pic.

OtisInf

Dead Space 3, reshade

The freecam is good in general but I wish there was a way to stop it from pivoting and swinging around the player. It's a real pain in the ass when doing some panos as it makes the whole process incredibly cumbersome.
Yeah it's not really usable. I tried to find the camera coords but didn't get very far in the hour or so I tried. I would have spend more time on it but I really didn't like the game much at the start (once the game starts at 'earth'), textures were ugly, dumb shooter 'story' etc. so I gave up. It would take more time to find the real source of the camera stuff the CT you're using is modifying as there's no real info there other than a distance which is indeed... useless for a lot of shots.

(edit) correction, I did find the coords in the initial walk outside, but they weren't usable as 'the camera coords' as they apparently weren't used later on. It was odd. Likely not odd when you know how the engine works, but if all you have are bytes in memory, it looked strange :)

Filben

Nope. For photography purposes it can be a quite good effect to stress a specific focus and object. And it looks particular good on that screenshot with Geralt and Roach.

The Witcher 3 Blood and Wine (STLM, custom Ansel settings)
And I just realised I had AA deactivated while taking these screenshots. Darn!

GAMETA

Banned
Google Maps Satellite View/Google Earth - 3D Rendering of Cities

Please let me know if you guys want it removed from here, I'll do it no problem. I just find it too awesome not to share.

CMP59Ku.jpg

0czFY4w.jpg

PS. If you use Google Earth there's actually a flight simulator mode that is really simple but cool. :)

Nick Pal

Yeah it's not really usable. I tried to find the camera coords but didn't get very far in the hour or so I tried. I would have spend more time on it but I really didn't like the game much at the start (once the game starts at 'earth'), textures were ugly, dumb shooter 'story' etc. so I gave up. It would take more time to find the real source of the camera stuff the CT you're using is modifying as there's no real info there other than a distance which is indeed... useless for a lot of shots.

(edit) correction, I did find the coords in the initial walk outside, but they weren't usable as 'the camera coords' as they apparently weren't used later on. It was odd. Likely not odd when you know how the engine works, but if all you have are bytes in memory, it looked strange :)

Thanks for looking into it. I feel like I've spent most of my time wrangling with the camera and were it not for the nice lighting, SSAO and some epic'ish looking locales in the game I probably would have given up already. I don't think it's as good as DS1 or nowhere near as good DS2 but it still has enough scares to keep your on your toes :) I like that 2nd portrait btw!

OtisInf

Thanks for looking into it. I feel like I've spent most of my time wrangling with the camera and were it not for the nice lighting, SSAO and some epic'ish looking locales in the game I probably would have given up already. I don't think it's as good as DS1 or nowhere near as good DS2 but it still has enough scares to keep your on your toes :) I like that 2nd portrait btw!
Hmm, perhaps I should have kept playing then! :) perhaps later. thanks btw! :)

scoobs

God damn Battlefront looks insane. Battlefield 1 doesn't hold a candle and it came out a year later on a presumably improved engine.

Couple from the opening hour or so of Resi 7. Most settings maxed, had to tone a few back to save frame rate. Hopefully no one considers any of this spoilers, bit hard to tell with a game that has literally just came out.

32117686920_0b474a11e4_o.png

32117683280_d453fefe72_o.png

God damn Battlefront looks insane. Battlefield 1 doesn't hold a candle and it came out a year later on a presumably improved engine.

Yeah, it's a shame. Presumably Battlefield 1 couldn't look as good due to performance constraints created by the increased complexity (and size) of the action. Battlefront continues to be, by far IMO, the most realistic looking non-racing game. Battlefront 2 is due in November/December, so it'll be interesting to see if it's much of an upgrade or if Dice keep the same audiovisual quality and instead increase the size and interactivity of the maps.

Top Bottom