• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2017 PC Screenshot Thread

One3rd

33527650475_20b4ac23d9_o.jpg

33606890805_4abe8cbe8f_o.jpg

Don't understand how some people say ME:A looks last gen.

Criticize animation all you want ,but otherwise it just looks beautiful.

It's really inconsistent. Much like the rest of the game, it feels like some things needed another pass. When it looks good, it looks quite good, but when it doesn't...woof.

Lime

While waiting for Bioware to patch Andromeda in some fashion, I decided to replay ME1 once more (damn you Jarmel & Inky!!)

screenshot_2017-03-24p8u5m.jpg

screenshot_2017-03-243autb.jpg

OtisInf

32780399404_10dc87c4b3_o.jpg

33239641820_e9684734bb_o.jpg

Tools: https://github.com/FransBouma/InjectableGenericCameraSystem/tree/master/Cameras/LordsOfTheFallen

I know it's an old game, forgotten by many, but a generous soul gave me the game and as it looks awesome and it's actually a great game, I decided to create some tools for it, as the CTs were outdated or didn't rotate / work during cutscenes. The same goes for the debug mode you could enable, which was kind of limited and crashed the game alot.

These camera tools work everywhere and include the 3 timestops (for game, enemies and boss) found by Jim2Point0.

Enjoy!

Loving all these ME shots (1 and Andromed)

Love the shots of the Nomad from Andromeda, in particular. Such a cool looking design for a vehicle.

While waiting for Bioware to patch Andromeda in some fashion, I decided to replay ME1 once more (damn you Jarmel & Inky!!)

If you're hoping for a patch to fix the wonky animation, they already said that ship has sailed =(

I tried the trial and all the awkward poses, animations, and dead eyes really killed the conversations\cut scenes for me.

amoebae

Finally got ReShade working properly -- you need to use 2.0.3 (3.0's AO doesn't work). Screenshot function doesn't work in either, though.

Just got to struggle with Ansel's camera now. Pain in the bum, it is.

masseffectandromeda20mkyjh.png

Lime

@amoebae: hattiwatti is supposedly working on another free cam for ME:A

If you're hoping for a patch to fix the wonky animation, they already said that ship has sailed =(

I tried the trial and all the awkward poses, animations, and dead eyes really killed the conversations\cut scenes for me.

No I am not aiming that high :lol Just waiting on an improved character creator and fixing the worst bugs, and ideally some new eye shaders/textures.

The worst visual atrocities are the animations and the flat lighting in how they used FB3. Very disappointing use of the engine, imo. But I know they won't fix that ever.

Filben

I decided to replay ME1 once more (damn you Jarmel & Inky!!)
]
I wish there was a 100% controller support. I know there's a mod out there, making it playable, but one menu or two still have to be accessed by keyboard and mouse. It is really a shame they didn't implement a proper controller layout. I mean, they had it six months earlier on the Xbox 360, why not using those assets alter in the PC version?

HeelPower

Oh thank goodness. Ansel's is a hot mess. I can't wait to use it. I'm trying my best but it's a pain.

Anyway, some Cora.
masseffectandromeda20b1u59.png

She seems to have gotten the lion's share of attention from Bioware. None of the Ryders look as good ,much less the side human characters which generally look wack tbh.

R8TEDM3

This is exactly what "Ansel" does to your pix fellas, and why nobody should be using it! They really need to step it up and fix that ASAP!

EDIT: meant to say when downsampling from higher res than 4k, and using Ansel super resolution this is what happens!

Ansel ON

33249935730_63aa0e17c6_o.jpg

Ansel OFF

33592779746_683c64e889_o.jpg

All that Nvidia marketing and publicity, yet they can't code a few lines properly...perhaps should hire "Matti Hietanen" to show them how it's done!

She seems to have gotten the lion's share of attention from Bioware. None of the Ryders look as good ,much less the side human characters which generally look wack tbh.

That's one of the more flattering angles I've seen (with favorable lighting as well). I thought she looked awful in the trial.

amoebae

She's got a lot of the best content as well. Her naughtytimes stuff is like a freaking tech demo compared to the dregs most of the others get.

amoebae

This is exactly what "Ansel" does to your pix fellas, and why nobody should be using it! They really need to step it up and fix that ASAP!

EDIT: meant to say when downsampling from higher res than 4k, and using Ansel super resolution this is what happens!

There's no other option for a freecam at the moment. It's not the supersampling per se in this one - just activating the freecam strips all the pp, even at native res. ReShade fills in some of the gaps while we wait for hattiwatti's tools (if he makes any).

Lime

I wish there was a 100% controller support. I know there's a mod out there, making it playable, but one menu or two still have to be accessed by keyboard and mouse. It is really a shame they didn't implement a proper controller layout. I mean, they had it six months earlier on the Xbox 360, why not using those assets alter in the PC version?

What menu is that? Everything works fine on my end, are you sure you installed it correctly? I've been sitting on my couch all day playing the game and fiddling around.

Filben

What menu is that? Everything works fine on my end, are you sure you installed it correctly? I've been sitting on my couch all day playing the game and fiddling around.
Wait, did they fix that? I remember trying this mod like a year or two ago and I think it was the inventory or probably the quick access menu (for combat moves) that wasn't usable with the controller. Gotta try this out ASAP.

OtisInf

32824903553_3f9c57ccf3_o.jpg

Updated the tools a bit: 2nd camera struct is now written too so no more glitches to the in-game environment when moving the camera around. FoV can now be changed during normal gameplay without the necessity to enable the camera.

dr_rus

All that Nvidia marketing and publicity, yet they can't code a few lines properly...perhaps should hire "Matti Hietanen" to show them how it's done!

Proper Ansel integration is down to game's developers. It's why you don't have Ansel working in all games out there, you know.

PhilGPT

Proper Ansel integration is down to game's developers. It's why you don't have Ansel working in all games out there, you know.

I don't understand something, maybe you can clear it up for me... If it's up to devs, why even intergrate Ansel? Why don't they code freecam controls and stuff right into the game? What is the point of Ansel?

I thought those were from Andromeda, nice work Phil.
Thanks Nick :)

dr_rus

I don't understand something, maybe you can clear it up for me... If it's up to devs, why even intergrate Ansel? Why don't they code freecam controls and stuff right into the game? What is the point of Ansel?

Ansel integration is rather simple, way simpler than coding your own solution for this. The downside is that many devs are doing just that - basic integration without proper support for stuff which breaks in Ansel's tiled rendering (superresolution) mode.

Top Bottom