• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2017 PC Screenshot Thread

R8TEDM3

34075380180_5b550bf8a8_o.jpg

34075381550_8a362b3082_o.jpg

Sequiel

Banned

Damn game from 2009 still kicking major ass. Great music too, can't forget how cool replays looked with "My delirium" sounding in the background. :D

Despite the dudebro style controversy Dirt2 was CM's peak in many ways. Hope Rushy and the rest of ex-Evo push CM again to these levels of visual quality, because in that regard, even Dirt4 looks disappointing for a 2017 game.

My 2 cents. Dirt Rally + custom mods + custom Reshade.

y604ytN.png

FLYODG6.png

DD

Damn game from 2009 still kicking major ass. Great music too, can't forget how cool replays looked with "My delirium" sounding in the background. :D

Despite the dudebro style controversy Dirt2 was CM's peak in many ways. Hope Rushy and the rest of ex-Evo push CM again to these levels of visual quality, because in that regard, even Dirt4 looks disappointing for a 2017 game.

My 2 cents. Dirt Rally + custom mods + custom Reshade.

y604ytN.png

FLYODG6.png
Nice pics. Reminds me a little of the latest Need for Speed. People usually complain about all these effects like film grain and chromatic aberration, but honestly I like them pretty much! It gives a nice filmic touch to a game.

Regarding the visuals, I think that the main problem was that Dirt Rally was a market test made with a smaller budget, and the fact that it deals with way bigger maps and the way it tries to capture a realistic look instead of a heavily stylized one like they did with the previous Dirts was the main responsible thing for the kind of disappointing graphics. But it's a great game, my favorite in the series. Your pics hit some nostalgia points for me too, and now I want to install that game back. Are these reshade effects you're using CPU/GPU heavy? My PC is kind of simple, but I'd love to mess with it.

Sequiel

Banned
Nice pics. Reminds me a little of the latest Need for Speed. People usually complain about all these effects like film grain and chromatic aberration, but honestly I like them pretty much! It gives a nice filmic touch to a game.

Here's another from Dirt Rally.
4NEktNt.png

I was aiming for a vintage rally gameplay feel. I tend to go a bit heavy on the effects because I tune for a projector display. At that distance, the CA and noise are not that noticeable but help a lot masking aliasing, which I hate the most. That's why besides BayetasMod I never publish any of my enb or reshade configs.

Regarding the visuals, I think that the main problem was that Dirt Rally was a market test made with a smaller budget, and the fact that it deals with way bigger maps and the way it tries to capture a realistic look instead of a heavily stylized one like they did with the previous Dirts was the main responsible thing for the kind of disappointing graphics. But it's a great game, my favorite in the series. Your pics hit some nostalgia points for me too, and now I want to install that game back. Are these reshade effects you're using CPU/GPU heavy? My PC is kind of simple, but I'd love to mess with it.

I make my reshades for 60fps gameplay, and I had a 290x or so at that time. I think I ended up removing DoF because it was causing some minor glitches and a bit more of GPU usage. Here's a link: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Au50c6VhtjCxnUqL7hQlIVSjRVde
Anyway I think it's an old Reshade version with the old config files structure. Did something for Grid Autosport too, but never was really happy with the result.

I remember reading somewhere that after finishing Dirt2 a lot of people from the team moved on to other studios, Turn10 mostly I think. That Forza Horizon 1 Rally DLC always felt a lot more like Dirt to me than any other rally game...
Imho the main problem with the Dirt series is that the engine is pretty old and limited for today standards. They've been updating just the bare minimum of it for each new game, same for the Grid series. Modding its many iterations over the years in different games since Dirt2, you see again and again the same limitations, bugs and problems.

That's where I think Rushy and the rest of ex-Evo guys can turn the tide in terms of visual quality for CM. They're supposedly developing a new multiplatform engine from scratch and a new IP, but once the engine is there I assume it will be shared with the other teams developing games like Dirt, Grid, F1 or whatever. Maybe we get some luck near E3.

Driveclub's visual awesomeness + Codemasters experience on racing and rally simulators/simcades are a perfect match.

I wish they would allow deeper modding but who am I kidding...

MrPickle

It's driving me insane when clicking on shots and it's opening up their flickr page.
There really should be a rule in the op for this.

It's driving me insane when clicking on shots and it's opening up their flickr page.
There really should be a rule in the op for this.

When you hover your mouse over an image, if it shows a hand, that will open up the flickr link, as well as a full res image; an arrow just opens the full res image.

DD

Here's another from Dirt Rally.
4NEktNt.png

I was aiming for a vintage rally gameplay feel. I tend to go a bit heavy on the effects because I tune for a projector display. At that distance, the CA and noise are not that noticeable but help a lot masking aliasing, which I hate the most. That's why besides BayetasMod I never publish any of my enb or reshade configs.

I make my reshades for 60fps gameplay, and I had a 290x or so at that time. I think I ended up removing DoF because it was causing some minor glitches and a bit more of GPU usage. Here's a link: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Au50c6VhtjCxnUqL7hQlIVSjRVde
Anyway I think it's an old Reshade version with the old config files structure. Did something for Grid Autosport too, but never was really happy with the result.

I remember reading somewhere that after finishing Dirt2 a lot of people from the team moved on to other studios, Turn10 mostly I think. That Forza Horizon 1 Rally DLC always felt a lot more like Dirt to me than any other rally game...
Imho the main problem with the Dirt series is that the engine is pretty old and limited for today standards. They've been updating just the bare minimum of it for each new game, same for the Grid series. Modding its many iterations over the years in different games since Dirt2, you see again and again the same limitations, bugs and problems.

That's where I think Rushy and the rest of ex-Evo guys can turn the tide in terms of visual quality for CM. They're supposedly developing a new multiplatform engine from scratch and a new IP, but once the engine is there I assume it will be shared with the other teams developing games like Dirt, Grid, F1 or whatever. Maybe we get some luck near E3.

Driveclub's visual awesomeness + Codemasters experience on racing and rally simulators/simcades are a perfect match.

I wish they would allow deeper modding but who am I kidding...
Thanks, mate! To be honest, I prefer the old Reshade version where you could mess on the notepad instead of that little program they're using now.

And a lot of Codemasters employees went to Playground Games to work with Forza Horizon. And there's another good side to have the Evo guys at Codemasters now. They used to make the WRC games for the PS2. :D

Top Bottom