• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

$22 Free Credit on the Amazon Appstore - Today Only

Brofist

How did u request a refund?? I genuinely thought this game would work on my Nexus 7 but it doesn't (unlike good old Google Play). So how to get a refund?

Go to the app page, customer service and request a chat. Just tell the service rep that the game isn't compatible. They will ask what device you use, tell them, and they will offer a refund. I didn't even have to ask for one.

vg260

OOh! Buy the Plex App if you haven't bought it yet. Plex is awesome and they charge for the App so this is perfect for it!

You earn 150 coins, too!

BTW, at least on the android Amazon App Store on the main page they have a promotion for 250 coins + bonus coins for any purchase you make from a list of apps. I just grabbed a Yahtzee game for 99 coins, and got 280 coins...

What am I to do with all these coins?
probably nothing since I don't play games on my phone

Yup, got that Plex app along with the 150 coins listed on the web page + bonus 250 by getting via that in-app promotion.

All said and done, ended up with:
All those photo apps and GTA (can't play though)
Plex
Pinball Arcade launch table pack,+ 3 other packs. (via in-game)
All for nothing with a few coins to spare.
Nice promotion

Lomax

For those like me who didn't know, you can buy some in app purchases with coins too. So if you download the Zen Pinball app, you can then buy the individual tables for 199 coins each. (Note that in that specific case, the listing for the Star Wars Pinball is the same table but for some reason a different app).

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Bought Minecraft Pocket Edition as well as Monument Valley for my N7!

Already got Terraria from a previous free credit sale or I would have gotten that as well.

Worked 100% for me. I have 1 android device that I use as a dedicated GPS, and I use my iPhone for everything else. Now I can hopefully get some really good gps apps instead of using low quality free ones.

my personal choices. started with 2201 coins....i now have 2134. must be some kind of promos going on that i cant see.

LYNE
819SDI1SkoL.jpg

CornDogg

Thanks, OP. Picked up a Touchdown license key with my coins. Would never have actually spent the money on it, so this was perfect for me.

Boss Mog

Man I have a Nexus 7 FHD and all the games I wanna download say they're not compatible like Deus Ex: The Fall, Sonic 4, Football Manager Handheld 2014... Makes me sad

Tempted to get FFIV but damn 1599 coins, thats a lot.

Are the GTA clones from gameloft any good, like Gangstar Vegas? the graphics look better than GTA Vice City, but if I had to get one of those which would be better?

$h@d0w

I couldn't get this to work before, as the site had no mention of spending the coin balance.

Solved it by changing my region to US in "Your Device and Settings".

All the coin options start showing up after that.

Boss Mog

So just to make sure, I can hold off on spending the coins for a bit if I don't want to spend them today right?

My wife loves Cook Serve Delicious, so I'm looking for another high quality time management game for her...She's played Restaurant Story/Diner Dash, etc. Any ideas? I kind of figure it's a long shot, but I'll try!

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I used my 2200 to buy Sonic 2. And I ended up with more coins than I started with! You should get that first, guys.

rjinaz

Boss★Moogle;112319221 said:
So just to make sure, I can hold off on spending the coins for a bit if I don't want to spend them today right?

Yep.

2.5 Expiration Dates; Application of Coins. Purchased Coins do not expire. Promotional Coins expire on the last day of the calendar month one year after we give them to you (for example, Promotional Coins we give you on May 15 will expire on May 31 of the following year). When you make a purchase with Coins, any Promotional Coins you have will be applied first (and will be applied in the order of their expiration dates, with the earliest expiration date first), followed by your Purchased Coins.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
costs 299 coins and gives you 250 coins back. are you sure?
There's a list of games that gives you a one-time 250 coin bonus, its on the list. So its not only free, but they give you more for it.

Can not buy GTA somehow.. only available in the US maybe? Where can I see how many coins I have in the Amazon store app, I can't find it anywhere...

Yep.

2.5 Expiration Dates; Application of Coins. Purchased Coins do not expire. Promotional Coins expire on the last day of the calendar month one year after we give them to you (for example, Promotional Coins we give you on May 15 will expire on May 31 of the following year). When you make a purchase with Coins, any Promotional Coins you have will be applied first (and will be applied in the order of their expiration dates, with the earliest expiration date first), followed by your Purchased Coins.

So the coins expire then?

Zoned

Actively hates charity
Can not buy GTA somehow.. only available in the US maybe? Where can I see how many coins I have in the Amazon store app, I can't find it anywhere...

get Hola Chrome add on - Change country to US - Change country setting (to US) in device section - purchase the app and get coins like a BOSS.

EGM92

I'm doing this from my phone, I got 900 coins when I try looking for GTA SA only Vice City comes up in the search. I'm in Canada. Any help would be appreciated

So is there any way to buy using coins on your PC? My HTC One won't install GTA, and I have the 900 coins from the other apps, I would rather spend the coins on GTA rather than actually spending $6.99.

Pudge

Saw this while looking at at Rayman Fiesta Run

What's new in version 1.2.0
Our team is working permanently to improve your experience.

When the end times come, there will still be one man at Ubisoft trying to squeeze all possible enjoyment out of the endless runner genre.

God speed sir.

Syriel

So is there any way to buy using coins on your PC? My HTC One won't install GTA, and I have the 900 coins from the other apps, I would rather spend the coins on GTA rather than actually spending $6.99.

Just use the link in the OP.

You can (and should) be buying all the coin apps via PC in order to maximize the promo.

If you try from a phone or tablet you'll be blocked from the Kindle only apps/games.

PC allows you to buy Kindle only stuff (like GTA San Andreas) in order to get the promo, even if you don't have a Kindle.

Phone and Table apps will not let you buy the Kindle only stuff because it doesn't want to let you pay for something you cannot use.

Just use the link in the OP.

You can (and should) be buying all the coin apps via PC in order to maximize the promo.

If you try from a phone or tablet you'll be blocked from the Kindle only apps/games.

PC allows you to buy Kindle only stuff (like GTA San Andreas) in order to get the promo, even if you don't have a Kindle.

Phone and Table apps will not let you buy the Kindle only stuff because it doesn't want to let you pay for something you cannot use.
Yeah I ended up using my PC to get one of the photo apps because it wouldn't let me do it on my phone anyways. My question is though, if I try to get the GTA app from my PC, will it let me use from my stash of coins or do I have to spend real money ($6.99)? Because on my PC all I see is the option to "one click buy" for $6.99 and I'm afraid that if I click it just once it'll charge me the real money.

mattiewheels

Can you give us the sonic link and the list you mentionned please? and a little explanation is welcomed too.
If you use the Android Amazon App Store app, you scroll down to the section that says Get 250 Coins Back. But just buying Sonic 2 anywhere gets you the 240+250=490 coins back from the 299 coin purchase.

For a recommendation, you guys who like adventure games should try The Last Express. The greatest adventure not named Grim Fandango.

213372bu

Banned
Yeah I ended up using my PC to get one of the photo apps because it wouldn't let me do it on my phone anyways. My question is though, if I try to get the GTA app from my PC, will it let me use from my stash of coins or do I have to spend real money ($6.99)? Because on my PC all I see is the option to "one click buy" for $6.99 and I'm afraid that if I click it just once it'll charge me the real money.

Yeah just wait a bit and a bubble should pop up asking if you want to pay with money or coins below the 1-click button. 1-click WILL charge you real money, even if you have coins.

Top Bottom