• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

22Cans/Peter Molyneux's "Curiosity" is out for iOS

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
I was hoping there would be some elegance to this that doesn't come across through words of description, but nope. It's just as mind numbingly boring as it sounds. If millions of people spend a minute each on this before they get bored and never come back, I wonder if that will be enough to complete it.

ProTip: If you clear your whole screen of cubes, you get a hefty coin bonus. Zoom all the way in and clear away!

HQaDZl.jpg

Where you guys at? Can you chip with others in real time?

Also this is really stupid.
Yeah, I just played tic-tac-toe in real time with someone. Obviously didn't work out so great but you can see what others are doing in real time.

This is a lot more interesting than I expected. The premise is stupid as fuck but as an interactive white board it's sort of cool.

Majine

Banned
Okay, this isn't fun in any way, but interesting experiment. Guess I'll get a push notification when they reach the next layer?

Cartman86

Banned
The possibilities

1. The reveal is something ultimately dumb which no one cares about (a picture of Peter's cat)

2. The reveal is something scientific that will help mankind that they already know the answer to. Thus making this kind of unethical. Though maybe this will get it more press? I don't know. I Just hate playing games with such things.

3. The reveal is not yet known, and this is a folding@home type project that will reveal something that can help mankind (knowledge, medicine whatever). If this is the case then okay, but I find the secrecy so weird.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
I hope Milo is in that fucking box.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Inside the cube: Half-Life 3
Kinect-only version

None of this would work without Peter. I just spent 10 minutes just tapping away and realized that I do care about what is in the cube because it can only be insane or nothing at all.

Mista Koo

ProTip: If you clear your whole screen of cubes, you get a hefty coin bonus. Zoom all the way in and clear away!
ProTip: You can tap with 10 fingers or a little less if you aren't on an iPad. Also you can chain up taps for a big multiplier.

For some reason there are sentences in Spanish scrolling around everywhere. Are they in Spanish for everyone or is that Peter doesn't know the difference between French (my iOS language) and Spanish.
AFAIK the language choice is random, all languages appeared for me in the beta.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
3. The reveal is not yet known, and this is a folding@home type project that will reveal something that can help mankind (knowledge, medicine whatever). If this is the case then okay, but I find the secrecy so weird.
Donating the mobile CPU power towards something sounds neat, but I wonder how much it would amount to if even millions of people donate a few minutes of use a day from these weak devices.

ultrazilla

Gold Member
The "only" pay off for this IMHO will be the video link mailed to the person that
announces a million dollar prize.

oipic

Silly, addictive cube thing.

GAF needs some group co-ordination or something, or a collective goal. Or something.

Maybe it's a video with a code to enter the "EXCLUSIVE The Last Guardian Multiplayer Beta!" co-developed between Team Ico and 22cans.

There, I made a silly guy wearing a NeoGAF shirt saying "NeoGAF", and changed someone else's "Bad news for Obama" into "Bad news for Obama's cat". Slightly amusing app.

oipic

Well, there are already a lot of dicks.
uU8Q9.png

Ha, just realised these most-artistic of dicks destroyed my lovingly-crafted handiwork. I mean, I was expecting it to be ruined at some point, but so soon!

Ah, humans - you never disappoint.

"A life-changing reveal for the winner"... my guess is that it's a million dollars or some kind of financial boon. Maybe a contract for something. It doesn't imply a world-changing reveal, just for the person who wins. I wish I had a smartphone to play this :(

Look forward to seeing this 24 hours from now. Also love that Kuchera noted my "This is NeoGaf" on Twitter (unless there's another one floating around on the cube... which is entirely possible but it's the one in Kritz's picture).

Ah, now I see why there are trails of random broken cubes here and there - with the combo system being based on hitting cubes constantly without hitting the next layer, it's easy to tap a bunch on a given screen, then swipe over to the next one and keep going without breaking rhythm.

Of course, it's tedious as all heck... oh well.

Top Bottom