• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

22Cans/Peter Molyneux's "Curiosity" is out for iOS

Zaptruder

Banned
Wtthu.jpg

Utterly classic. A windmill of dicks spurting in every direction. Forever associated with you Peter Molyneux!

gogojira

Couple taps and I'm out. I don't know, intriguing idea ... I guess? I'll see what the end result is, but that's about it.

why is this free? if they were an unknown indie dev, sure, that would make sense to raise your profile. but how you gonna take a bunch of top-level dudes with you, create a new studio and put out a free app? that makes zero business sense with the profile peter has.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
why is this free? if they were an unknown indie dev, sure, that would make sense to raise your profile. but how you gonna take a bunch of top-level dudes with you, create a new studio and put out a free app? that makes zero business sense with the profile peter has.

It's a social experiment. Not a game. Peter's stated this numerous times.

Gazunta

#149. I've been waiting for this for a while, and it's everything I imagined it would be!

...I don't have much of an imagination.

Finally found my stuff again. My NeoGaf dude got corrupted of course but he's still legible, just not the NeoGaf stuff. But my "Bad news for Obama's cat" with a cat on top is still there. That's my experiment, can I make things that last.

It would be really convenient if I could get rid of this Facebook button that I constantly hit while I'm trying to clear a screen - I ain't gonna link, darn it.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Yet videogame sites will cover it (and it is in "Gaming", not "Off-Topic").

Yes, and who's fault is that? (Hint: Not Peter's. He's gone on record saying it isn't a game.)

I thought it was fun. Tapped the iphone a few times. That was kind of cool. Then drew some penises in just the right position so people finishing off something that would have taken them a long time were suddenly confronted with it in exactly the wrong spot.

Social experiment: Are people generally dicks?
Result: Confirmed.

Off the phone now.

Hmm...100,000,000 cublets per layer, we've all taken away around 7,000,000 so far. Yeah, I don't think the first layer will ever get completed - once people start running out of room to draw pictures and leave messages, most people will just give up.

Ventrue

Hmm...100,000,000 cublets per layer, we've all taken away around 7,000,000 so far. Yeah, I don't think the first layer will ever get completed - once people start running out of room to draw pictures and leave messages, most people will just give up.

Do we have any idea how many layers?

Manax

Just bought the first pick, did a combo run up and down the cube using 4 fingers on each hand then swipe to the next section (using iPad)

got a combo that netted over 500 000 + another 200 000 combo (profit = 400 000)

I have defeated you "game"

This will of course only work when you have lots of unbroken cube to work with so your combo doesn't run out
Also i left a messy trail of destruction that explains all the weird patterns I've been seeing

Profits below

bkw

Wow, that's a lot of cubes. Luckily the gameplay is simple enough that we can employ our cats to chisel for us.

lingiii

Banned
Got the iron pickaxe or whatever for 300K polybux. Used it and ended the time period with... 260K. Wanna try again to make it profitable but I'm worried it'll be real hard to make bank once the layers are fragmented to hell with messages.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Why are people having trouble finding the app on the App Store? I posted the link the in OP...

Why are people having trouble finding the app on the App Store? I posted the link the in OP...

It doesn't show up in the Appstore app when it's searched for. At least for me and some others. I had to go to this thread and get it from the link you put up.

I searched for "curiosity," by the way.

It doesn't show up in the Appstore app when it's searched for. At least for me and some others. I had to go to this thread and get it from the link you put up.

I searched for "curiosity," by the way.

Yeah I had to download it on my pc and then go to purchased on my phone to grab it. I've downloaded many apps right when they go live and search has always worked so I think something got screwed up for this. I couldn't find it using any terms.

Manax

2.8 million coin combo using the next pick up, 1.8 mill profit

3 billion coins doesn't actually seem so ridiculous now save up those picks and go to town when the new cube comes for huge combos <3

Yeah, this confirms it. Hand an average person the control to create a painting that all sentient life in the universe will see and the first thing he'll do is make a giant penis.

CzarTim

Its gonna suck when we never find out what is inside. :(

I prefer it that way. If I were to get the last cube (I know I won't), I would keep it to myself. The mystery will always be better than everyone watching the video, shrugging, and moving on.

Top Bottom