• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

22Cans/Peter Molyneux's "Curiosity" is out for iOS

Finally found my stuff again. My NeoGaf dude got corrupted of course but he's still legible, just not the NeoGaf stuff. But my "Bad news for Obama's cat" with a cat on top is still there. That's my experiment, can I make things that last.

I started out next to Obama's cat! I drew a little pixel spaceship thing by its tail :p

Mista Koo

Just bought the first pick, did a combo run up and down the cube using 4 fingers on each hand then swipe to the next section (using iPad)

got a combo that netted over 500 000 + another 200 000 combo (profit = 400 000)

I have defeated you "game"

This will of course only work when you have lots of unbroken cube to work with so your combo doesn't run out
Also i left a messy trail of destruction that explains all the weird patterns I've been seeing

Profits below
They actually nerfed the fireworks during the beta because some guy calculated the perfect placement that will chain them off to make the biggest combo and exceed the cost of the fireworks themselves.

But of course the fireworks were the only items that everyone have tried extensively, hence the other items won't be as balanced.

Addnan

I am not very creative.

a6_wnfbccaa4tey8sd84.jpg

What do I do with it now? Just keep poking it?

tanuki

It's a bit like multiplayer bubblewrap. That combo line carrot rope taunting you on the left side is infuriating.

wrowa

You've got thousands of people messing with one giant cube, but they can't really communicate with eachother. That's pretty much the deal-breaking issue for me -- even though the app tells me that currently 900 people are working on the cube, I still feel alone. An "experiment" like this sorely needs real time updates. I've got to see everyone's tapping in real time if it's supposed to be interesting for me to play -- though I'm aware that this is technically pretty much impossible.

Also, the idea to waste many hours on it, just to discover that whoever is the lucky one who unlocks the last cube won't share the secret, is like a huge middle finger to the people who invest their time or even spend money on it. Just imagine you are tapping around for 10 hours and then someone who just started the game and messed around with it for 5 minutes gets the reward. Ugh.

Keeping the multiplier going is quick tricky, but it might be my freezing fingers this morning on a cold English morning :) Clearing an entire screen is cool though.

You've got thousands of people messing with one giant cube, but they can't really communicate with eachother. That's pretty much the deal-breaking issue for me -- even though the app tells me that currently 900 people are working on the cube, I still feel alone. An "experiment" like this sorely needs real time updates. I've got to see everyone's tapping in real time if it's supposed to be interesting for me to play -- though I'm aware that this is technically pretty much impossible.

Also, the idea to waste many hours on it, just to discover that whoever is the lucky one who unlocks the last cube won't share the secret, is like a huge middle finger to the people who invest their time or even spend money on it. Just imagine you are tapping around for 10 hours and then someone who just started the game and messed around with it for 5 minutes gets the reward. Ugh.

You can visit your friends and go to where they are clearing/last cleared. That's the closest it does to what you would like (so far).

Xater

Tried it out. Yup, this is just as dumb and uninteresting as it sounds. Gonna leave he app on there though so I can check the progress of you suckers. I am only curious how many people will spend how long on this mundane task.

Jonnyram

It's gonna be a bitch when there's only 1 cube left on the layer
When the screen you are on is fully uncovered, an arrow appears pointing you to where there are blocks left to destroy. It's not always the closest ones, but it does appear at least.

Kritz

Banned
The iron pickaxe seems like a decent investment, but it's a bit of a gamble. I made 350,000 in the five minutes it gives you. But it depends on your luck in chaning together combos. I think I made three 70,000 coin combos and then some change. I imagine if you get unlucky you'll lose all of it.

lefantome

What the score in the top left stamds for?

The game is not bad but the menus arr.
I see that even with only 7000 players themcube is uncoverimg fast

why is this free? if they were an unknown indie dev, sure, that would make sense to raise your profile. but how you gonna take a bunch of top-level dudes with you, create a new studio and put out a free app? that makes zero business sense with the profile peter has.

It's free because not many people would pay for it.

It's better to give it away, get a large number of users and then pitch venture capitalists to invest in future projects.

"Hey! Want to invest in us? We have 3,500,000 free users!"

This is much more compelling than:

"Hey! Want to invest in us? We have 450 paid users!"

If handled correctly this first free app could completely bankroll their all their future projects.

It's a loss leader for 22 Cans, nothing more, nothing less. Give a way a little to gain a lot (from elsewhere).

I made a single 1 cube line from one side of the cube to another, it took over and hour and I could not rotate the cube to continue it. It's grinding without any level ups and there's only so many green dicks that can be drawn for entertainment.

If was fun putting footprints in fresh snow but then that's it.

lefantome

It's free because not many people would pay for it.

It's better to give it away, get a large number of users and then pitch venture capitalists to invest in future projects.

"Hey! Want to invest in us? We have 3,500,000 free users!"

This is much more compelling than:

"Hey! Want to invest in us? We have 450 paid users!"

If handled correctly this first free app could completely bankroll their all their future projects.

It's a loss leader for 22 Cans, nothing more, nothing less. Give a way a little to gain a lot (from elsewhere).

They don't have any user, i didn't registered and the max you can do is logging using fb

8bit

Knows the Score
"potential customers" who may be interested in their next project I guess,

They may introduce IAP, or did I just imagine that?

Android version allows IAP :

play.google.com said:
Market billing service
Allows the user to purchase items through Market from within this application

Not that anyone can actually install it by the sound of things though.

It's up for Android, but apparently not compatible with my Galaxy Nexus, Tablet S or Nexus One.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pm22cans.curiosity&feature=search_result#?t=W10.

Boom!

This app is incompatible with all of your devices.
Orange Sony Xperia S This item is not compatible with your device.
Sony Xperia S This item is not compatible with your device.
Asus Nexus 7 This item is not compatible with your device.
Orange Sony Ericsson LT26i This item is not compatible with your device.
Archos A101I TThis item is not compatible with your device.
Sony Ericsson LT15i This item is not compatible with your device

Top Bottom