• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3 for 30$ Amiibo Deal - Toys''R''US

VFjmySD.jpg
Shame they don't really have the clear, more subtle stands shown in the retailer promotional material.

Illucio

Banned
What are retailers going to do when they are stuck with a bunch of Wii Fit trainers that no one wants?

It's probably going to be the first Amiibo to go. Some Amiibo's will never be reproduced, so unpopular ones like Wii Fit Trainer will end up becoming the rare ones.

They will simply stay in stock until it increases in rarity and sells.

Just got an email about them.

For all the Amiibo's from loot crate it's a one time price of $155 or 3 separate payments that will equal to $165.

Yeah, I got it too a little while after making the post. It's definitely not what I expected when they announced the loot crate. I figured, "Buy 10 amiibos at once and pay 25% less than retail" or something like that, not "pay 10 extra bucks for a little misc swag." I guess i misunderstood the premise of lootcrate.

I guess it's a good thing I"m immune to getting trapped by the illusion of a deal now. if I use this tru sale or a best buy gcu purchase i doubt i'll rack up that big a collection.

Illucio

Banned
Yeah, I got it too a little while after making the post. It's definitely not what I expected when they announced the loot crate. I figured, "Buy 10 amiibos at once and pay 25% less than retail" or something like that, not "pay 10 extra bucks for a little misc swag." I guess i misunderstood the premise of lootcrate.

I guess it's a good thing I"m immune to getting trapped by the illusion of a deal now. if I use this tru sale or a best buy gcu purchase i doubt i'll rack up that big a collection.

I was honestly expecting a reduced priced as well. I was really disappointed with the deal, I'm just going to go with ToysRus for the Amiibo's. Then plan on getting all of wave 2.

PusherT

Just pre order and paid off my SSB Wii U and paid off Donkey Kong and Wii Fit trainer Amiibo. Gonna get a Kirby and Samus next week.

I did't know my BB GCU applies to Amiibo so my DK and Wii Fit trainer will be cheaper.

Sweet.
I'll pay 20 (1 for me and 1 for my friend's birthday) and my other buddy can chip in 10 for his!
Not in a rush to collect all of them.

They say some of them will be limited quantity but I doubt it.
Nintendo wants that money, they know better

G0523

I want Fox in theory but I really wish it was the older model Fox and not the ugly Command one :(

I hate that model too. :/ What was wrong with Adventures' Star Fox model? They made it worse by giving him a much worse voice for the new games. (Or hopefully just the 3DS game.)

Persona7

Banned
This is perfect for the cheap discount collectors who are mad about the strip of foil that stops you from scanning the figurines without opening the box.

Illucio

Banned
Heads up!

- You can pre-order the Amiibo's from ToysRus Website right now!

- You have to separate each sets of 3 for each of the 3 Amiibo's for $30 transaction every time to get the deal. (So you can't do the deal all at once.)

- And there is free shipping for each transaction because it's a pre-order.

- ALSO! You can pre-order Wave 2 Amiibo's as well online and they go along with 3 for $30 deal since the deal includes all Amiibo's. Just remember to pay attention to the release dates because if you have 1 Amiibo that is releasing later in the year, you have to wait until that date to get it. So be sure to remember that these Amiibo's are Wave 2 and release sometime in December:
Pit
Little Mac
Captain Falcon
Luigi
Diddy Kong
Zelda

This is the best deal on Amiibo's as of right now! If you are purchasing online it's best to pre-order these now so you can get free shipping.

Pelydr

mediocrity at its best
Oh wow $30 for toys that should be at best $5 each! But its nintendo so lets all overpay!!!!!

Richie

Maaan, I'd be jumping on that price so hard. I bet you anything they're gonna cost twice as much here in Mexico :/

Oh wow $30 for toys that should be at best $5 each! But its nintendo so lets all overpay!!!!!

In terms of trolling, your tag serves this post well.

Brannon

thats when people will start jacking up the prices to 60 dollars around christmas - pretty sure people are going to go absolutely fucking bananas on these things..

I am just assuming there is going to be tons of these things soldout.

Yeah, this + Smash = tumbleweeds.

Tumbleweeds forever.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Is this because Link is a really good character in the Smash world, or just because people love him so much in general?

Link was actually infamous for being one of the worst characters in all of the previous Smash games. He's decent in this one.

Somnid

Likely the most useful one too so far. It offers a decent bit of DLC for Hyrule Warriors and there's two Zelda games scheduled for 2015.

Is this because Link is a really good character in the Smash world, or just because people love him so much in general?

Edit:

Guess that answers that one

Link has been the top selling Amiibo on Amazon long before Hyrule Warriors unlocks were announced. He's the most popular character with the age group that is preordering which is probably late-20s to 30s nostalgics and Nintendo fans.

Zoracka

Heads up!
This amazing, thank you.

I live in Europe where the price of a single amiibo is almost the price of this deal ($25), which I find too expensive. I have family in US, but they live too far away from Toys'r'us, so I'm so happy this can be ordered online and delivered! Looking forward to receiving three amiibos this christmas!

I'm definitely going for Link, because I love Zelda and because I want the spinner in Hyrule Warriors. Not sure what others to pick. Considering Yoshi and Pikachu.

Balb

On the details page it says discount can only be applied one per customer, and that they can cancel unauthorized orders at any time. What are the odds of them cancelling my 4 orders of 3?

Matt

Everyone who has BB's Gamers Club Unlocked (and really, everyone should have it now), remember that amiibo's count for the 20% off, so they will always be $10.40 each at BB. So this deal would only save you 40 cents a figure.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
To answer my own question, looks like ONLY the first 3 you order counts towards the deal :/ Well that's dumb! I don't want to make several separate orders... Guess I'll just go into the store myself... (I might at least pre-order 3 from Series 2 on the site though).

Tom_Cody

Nice.

I'm determined to buy my Amiibos in person in order to get the best quality paint jobs. Now I know where to go next weekend.

mackattk

Ordered two packs:

Pack 1 (11/21/14):
Link
Mario
Yoshi

Pack 2 (12/31/14) :
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Zelda

Amazon:
Princess Peach