• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

31 Days of Horror 7 |OT| The October Movie Marathon

gforguava

ok, so I found The Conjuring to be almost unbearable with all it's bulllshit. I genuinely don't know why it's regarded positively.
"Unbearable with all its bullshit"?

The Conjuring is like the last horror film I would expect to get hit with that.

Aikidoka

Can you go into what you didn't like?

For me the movies are incredibly well crafted but have utterly awful plots and, despite great actors, pretty uninspired and dull characters.

I'm not sure the best way to describe it, but there's this aggravating smugness and self-masturbatory quality to everything that reminds me of what little I've seen of God's Not Dead. The movie continually tries to make the Lorraines (edit: Warrens) out to be some incredibly humble yet self-sacrificing perfect hero types.... I don't think most of the dialogue and characters would be out of place in some parody flick, yet The Conjuring tries to play it pretty seriously.

I'm not sure if it really makes sense to separate the quality of the plot and characters from how well-crafted the movie is, so I don't really get what you mean by that.

Blader

It’s pretty good. It’s a bit stodgy and dialogue heavy for a while, and not the best example of Carpenter’s visual skills, but the pay off is worth it imo.

I actually kind of dug it. Reedus is really good in it, easy to forget the guy can act since he's mostly known for The Walking Dead. It's a nice little mystery/paranoia thriller that kind of reminded me of something Polanski would have done. It's not top-tier Carpenter but a good little flick.

Thanks! Sounds good then. Though I guess I'll have to find somewhere to stream it now... I assumed since it was a Showtime series it'd be on Hulu, but apparently not.

Can you go into what you didn't like?

For me the movies are incredibly well crafted but have utterly awful plots and, despite great actors, pretty uninspired and dull characters.
Conjuring 1 was okay

I don’t see what everyone sees in Conjuring 2 besides some good imagery.

And don’t get me started on the Insidious movies

I'm not sure the best way to describe it, but there's this aggravating smugness and self-masturbatory quality to everything that reminds me of what little I've seen of God's Not Dead. The movie continually tries to make the Lorraines out to be some incredibly humble yet self-sacrificing perfect hero types.... I don't think most of the dialogue and characters would be out of place in some parody flick, yet The Conjuring tries to play it pretty seriously.

I'm not sure if it really makes sense to separate the quality of the plot and characters from how well-crafted the movie is, so I don't really get what you mean by that.

I think this is the only part of your opinion that I can agree with, as I also thought they came across in both Conjuring films as 1-800-rent an exorcist type of heroes.

And I think you mean the Warren's. Lorraine is the woman's first name.

Do you feel that a horror movie has to scare you, the viewer, to be a scary film?

No, I understand that it's supposed to be a scary movie due to the subject matter and I get that not everyone is scared by the same kind of stuff.
But when the movie box itself says "The Scariest Film of All Time" then there's a certain expectation.

SeanC

I'm not sure the best way to describe it, but there's this aggravating smugness and self-masturbatory quality to everything that reminds me of what little I've seen of God's Not Dead. The movie continually tries to make the Lorraines out to be some incredibly humble yet self-sacrificing perfect hero types.... I don't think most of the dialogue and characters would be out of place in some parody flick, yet The Conjuring tries to play it pretty seriously.

Ah, gotcha. And in total agreement. I utterly love the craft of the movie, but damn the story is just that and despite some amazing actors in the flick the characters walk that line of "I know everything" conveniently until they don't know everything. Don't get me started on the real-life Lorraines.

I tend to like it overall (at least to a point) because of it's superb camera work and use of shadow, light and space, almost old-school in a way with understanding patience. Your basic elements kind of boiled down showing that simplicity is usually the best when it comes to horror. For example this scene and the patience to hold one shot for even 30 seconds and let it develop is just classic old-school type stuff I tend to appreciate. (There's a couple of better ones but they have more spoilers)

If the script was up to par and it didn't try to "celebrate" the Lorraines, and if maybe the B-plot with Annabelle was ingrained a little better, I think it would be one of the greats. The imagery and understanding of tension is there...but it's undercut by the character personalities and sidenote B-plot.

Edit: Conjuring 2 is utter trash. It has one, maybe two, well-done moment and that's it. If you didn't like the bible-beating of the first, avoid the second.

zeemumu

Didn't mind the stuff with the Warrens (thats who you're referring to with the Lorraines, right?) because we don't get likeable protagonists in horror films that often anymore (disregarding the real people). Most are either empty or cannon fodder.

Conjuring 1 was a fairly solid modern pop horror ride, but yeah the second one was just not very good. It felt like a bunch of internet jump scare shorts strung together for two hours.

No, I understand that it's supposed to be a scary movie due to the subject matter and I get that not everyone is scared by the same kind of stuff.
But when the movie box itself says "The Scariest Film of All Time" then there's a certain expectation.
I didn’t find it scary because of the subject matter, but because the body horror element of seeing this girl decay and worsen, and the slow disturbing torture she suffers, and how every attempt at helping her only makes it worse. It’s a bleak disturbing film and it’s scary because it makes you feel scared for Regan and her worsening plight. It could be a disease or demons or nanomachine infection, and it would still be the same kind of horrific story

As for “scariest film of all time”, it is, just like the It miniseries was for kids in the 90s. My mother will never ever watch The Exorcist again, and she hasn’t seen it in almost 40 years. You can’t even mention the name around. It’s the kind of mentally-scarring horror thing that every generation has in their childhood

SeanC

Didn't mind the stuff with the Warrens (thats who you're referring to with the Lorraines, right?) because we don't get likeable protagonists in horror films that often anymore (disregarding the real people). Most are either empty or cannon fodder.

Sorry, yes. Meant Warrens.

It's early and trying to think.

Aikidoka

Ah, gotcha. And in total agreement. I utterly love the craft of the movie, but damn the story is just that and despite some amazing actors in the flick the characters walk that line of "I know everything" conveniently until they don't know everything. Don't get me started on the real-life Lorraines.

I tend to like it overall (at least to a point) because of it's superb camera work and use of shadow, light and space, almost old-school in a way with understanding patience. Your basic elements kind of boiled down showing that simplicity is usually the best when it comes to horror. For example this scene and the patience to hold one shot for even 30 seconds and let it develop is just classic old-school type stuff I tend to appreciate. (There's a couple of better ones but they have more spoilers)

If the script was up to par and it didn't try to "celebrate" the Lorraines, and if maybe the B-plot with Annabelle was ingrained a little better, I think it would be one of the greats. The imagery and understanding of tension is there...but it's undercut by the character personalities and sidenote B-plot.

Edit: Conjuring 2 is utter trash. It has one, maybe two, well-done moment and that's it. If you didn't like the bible-beating of the first, avoid the second.

Fair enough, I see what you mean with some of the scary scenes and agree that they could be effective.

1. (New) Jason Goes to Hell (Vudu) Overall - boo
2. (New) Trick 'r Treat (Blu) - Overall - Yay!
3. (Rewatch) From Dusk Till Dawn (hulu) Overall - Yay!
4. (Rewatch) The Faculty (hulu) - Overall - Yay!
5. (New) My Bloody Valentine (3d Blu) - Overall - yay.
6. (Rewatch) Sleepaway Camp 3 (vudu movies on us) - when I'm working I can sometimes have movies on. The Sleepaway Camp sequels are a favorite of mine for this. I enjoy 2 the most but it was bugging out yesterday so I put on 3 which takes place partially on Saturday the 14th. Overall - Yay
7. (New) Tag (Netflix) I actually thought from the trailer that this wouldn't count in the list but it was a much different movie than I was sold on. It had its moments but overall I was looking for something in the Battle Royale vein and wound up down a rabbit hole I didn't care about. Overall -Boo with random yays
8. (New) Pumpkinhead (Amazon prime) man, I looked at the box for this movie a 1000 times when I was a kid.
Nice spooky atmosphere and the father son relationship gets established quickly. This movie really takes its time. I feel a bit let down by the execution of the Pumpkinhead part of it even though the creature looks cool. Mixed bag for me but I'm glad I saw it. Won't watch again though. Overall 5/10

SeanC

Nice spooky atmosphere and the father son relationship gets established quickly. This movie really takes its time. I feel a bit let down by the execution of the Pumpkinhead part of it even though the creature looks cool. Mixed bag for me but I'm glad I saw it. Won't watch again though. Overall 5/10

I remember when I was a kid and going to the video store, they had a Pumpkinhead cardboard standee and it gave me nightmares. Right near the NES game section too so I always saw it. They had that thing up year-round too.

Finally when I watched the movie when I was older I was like "oh...yeah it's alright I guess."

Penguin

Movie 1 - Dracula (1931) [NEW]
Movie 2 - Dracula 2000 [NEW]
Movie 3 - Dracula (1979) [NEW]
Movie 4- The Creature from The Black Lagoon [NEW]
Movie 5 - Dracula's Daughter [New]
Movie 6 - Son of Dracula [New]
Movie 7 - El Bar [New]
Movie 8 - Dark Prince: The True Story of Dracula [New]

Movie 9 - John Carpenter's Vampires [New]
Movie 10 - Blacula [New]

The first one was just looking for a vampire movie on-demand, and came across this. Word to the wise, perhaps choose your provider carefully. This was on SyFy and is super neutered with blurred tits and bleeped out cuss words a ton in the movie. That said didn't really see much to it aside from that. I guess it has some tough talking priest, but some really bad fire scenes.

Blacula on the other hand was a ton of fun. I think aside from 31 Dracula was the best vampire movie watched this month so far. Great music, amazing afros (sigh) and a pretty refreshing modern take especially after Dracula 2000.

Blader

^What did you think of Dracula's Daughter? That was on the rough draft of my list for either last year or two years ago, but I ended up not getting around to it.

The first one was just looking for a vampire movie on-demand, and came across this. Word to the wise, perhaps choose your provider carefully. This was on SyFy and is super neutered with blurred tits and bleeped out cuss words a ton in the movie. That said didn't really see much to it aside from that. I guess it has some tough talking priest, but some really bad fire scenes.

You didn't miss very much. While I'm a huge Carpenter fan, Vampires was kind of meandering and placed most of its hopes in James Woods playing some tough vampire hunter. It certainly isn't a bad film, but there wasn't much to it.

I'm not sure if you already have a list of vampire films to watch, but I'd like to suggest Vamp (1986) and Innocent Blood (1992) as two underrated vampire films.

"You'll kill a woman with this hand."
Movie 4 - Ju-On: White Ghost/Black Ghost
C7QeBg9.jpg

As a completely arbitrary challenge this year, I'm going to format my reviews in ≤140 and ≤280 character "tweets".

Uninspired and gormless. Even the slice-of-Japanese-life aesthetic that I'm sucker for did little to draw me in. Maybe skip White Ghost.

A double-dose of an interesting premise completely sabotaged by wonky production quality and half-baked writing. Unrelated to any previous Ju-On film and is the worse for it. Formulaic and lacking cohesion or purpose. White Ghost has some creeps, Black Ghost is the better story.

Liked:
- I always like seeing Japan and Japanese life
- The "lead" in White Ghost was cute
- Mariko (Black Ghost) was a solid and interesting character in a terrible story
- One practical effect that looks AWFUL but they really went for it

Did not like:
- Pointless cameo that's played for laughs(?)/nostalgia
- Complete lack of explanation for...just about anything
- Heavy reliance on the Ju-On "formula" to fill-in the massive valleys in storytelling
- Any of the characters aside from Mariko

2 b-ballin' grannies out of 5
--

These films are rife with beginner-level Japanese; great for students.

I enjoyed the format of your post, thank you! ��
Thanks!

Penguin

^What did you think of Dracula's Daughter? That was on the rough draft of my list for either last year or two years ago, but I ended up not getting around to it.

I actually like Dracula's Daughter, think would be number 3.

I think it's just so different from the core Dracula story with someone who doesn't really wanna live with this curse. and it has proper fallout from Dracula so another fun little element.

You didn't miss very much. While I'm a huge Carpenter fan, Vampires was kind of meandering and placed most of its hopes in James Woods playing some tough vampire hunter. It certainly isn't a bad film, but there wasn't much to it.

I'm not sure if you already have a list of vampire films to watch, but I'd like to suggest Vamp (1986) and Innocent Blood (1992) as two underrated vampire films.

Ha will keep in mind. Though I think this weekend will be moving over to Frankenstein movies.

12) The Fly (1986)

It had been a while since I had seen this, but I had always remembered it as more of a straight horror movie, when it is a tragic horror drama. To put it in perspective, Brundle doesn't even enter the teleporter till 30 minutes into this 96 minutes movies. But it works here, because the slow gradual deterioration is what gives The Fly its timeless horror, and Goldblum's performance still makes it sad and haunting 31 years later.

His performance really is superb in this. He absolutely sells the transformation as much as the special effects do. The contrast of his shy awkward personality and his mile-a-minute mania post-fusion, those wide eyes glinting even among the twisted diseased flesh like the last sparks of his humanity, the involuntary twitches and shakes, the nervous terror giving way to insane excitement as the transformation progresses.

And those effects still hold up today, at least until the final man-fly change. But everything before that is still utterly horrifying, seeing the human body fall apart and change like that.

I watched this last night. My thoughts are on the last page but overall I thought it was just okay. It’s neat to watch in close proximity with the original though to see what sort of technical and tonal changes they made. The title character’s inner turmoil is the best thing it has going for it, but it feels quite inessential, lacking most of the atmosphere and dread of the OG.

Although the TCM host mentioned in his intro to it that there are a number of critics and fans who say this is the best of the Universal Dracula movies, so your mileage may vary.

12) The Fly (1986)

It had been a while since I had seen this, but I had always remembered it as more of a straight horror movie, when it is a tragic horror drama. To put it in perspective, Brundle doesn't even enter the teleporter till 30 minutes into this 96 minutes movies. But it works here, because the slow gradual deterioration is what gives The Fly its timeless horror, and Goldblum's performance still makes it sad and haunting 31 years later.

His performance really is superb in this. He absolutely sells the transformation as much as the special effects do. The contrast of his shy awkward personality and his mile-a-minute mania post-fusion, those wide eyes glinting even among the twisted diseased flesh like the last sparks of his humanity, the involuntary twitches and shakes, the nervous terror giving way to insane excitement as the transformation progresses.

And those effects still hold up today, at least until the final man-fly change. But everything before that is still utterly horrifying, seeing the human body fall apart and change like that.

It's one of the few films I've ever given a 10/10 to. Chris Walas deservedly won the Oscar that year for best makeup. It didn't hit me until I saw it again as a teenager about how it really acts as an allegory to the effects of AIDS and HIV on the human body. It's sad, but it's such a well-crafted film.

Wanderer5

4. Phantasm (1979)

This was, interesting. I think this might have quite a uneven feeling throughout that at one point it would get me hooked, but in the next it felt kind of a turn off, and it leaves me a bit mixed for now. Still through, it does have a lot of cool and creepy elements to it, like the Tall Man himself, who is a pretty interesting entity.

(Also that remastered poster is awesome)

kevin1025

Banned
4. Phantasm (1979)

This was, interesting. I think this might have quite a uneven feeling throughout that at one point it would get me hooked, but in the next it felt kind of a turn off, and it leaves me a bit mixed for now. Still through, it does have a lot of cool and creepy elements to it, like the Tall Man himself, who is a pretty interesting entity.

(Also that remastered poster is awesome)

I watched it for the first time a week back. It's not a super strong movie, but I absolutely loved the score, it was amazing.

Aikidoka

7. Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer
That was fucked. Oddly funny at times, though, and almost every interaction between Becky and Henry was strange. I kind of feel like Becky was done a disservice, but I guess it was intentionally bizarre.

Day 5: Raw - What an effective film this turned out to be. It takes a lot to make me wince, and this movie made me look away a couple of times. A lot of it has to do with its stylish yet grounded look and lovely turns from the cast. The
waxing
scene will stick with me for a while.

13) The Blob (1988)

I can't remember the last time I saw this, but I was surprised by just how great it was. It's exceptionally well-paced, practically running from one inventive kill and set-piece to the next, and it was far less cheesy and schlocky than I was expecting. Some of that tone is there, but the horror is played completely straight, as it should because the gore and effects in this are fantastic and just incredibly gory and gross. The Blob was mentioned in another thread alongside The Thing and The Fly as one of the great 80s horror remakes, and I'd absolutely agree.

5. Les Diaboliques

Every year I do this marathon I always have a few movies that I intended on watching but instead get pushed to next year, this is one of them. Les Diabloques is a french mystery/psychological thriller made in a Hitchcockian like fashion. In fact, the material seems perfect for ole Hitch and after I looked into it he did, in fact, seek out the book rights for a planned adaptation. He wasn't able to secure them, instead they went to director Henri-Georges Clouzot. However, he was able to secure the rights for the author's next novel which is what became the film Vertigo (the more you know).

Les Diaboliques is about a married couple who own a school. The husband is the principal while the wife a teacher. They were able to afford this because of how wealthy the wife is. The husband is a no-good bastard and treats his wife awful (a rape is implied early on). The husband carries on affairs right in front of his wife and even with other teachers. The twist is that the wife and the mistress have formed a bond because of the abuse each of them receive from the husband. Their relationship even has a lesbian overtone to it because 1950's french films don't give a shit about your Hayes code Hollywood. They are each so sick of the husband's cruelty that they have decided to get back at him in the ultimate fashion. That's all I'll tell about the story. This was one of the first films to really push on the audience to not tell their friends about the twist and turns that take place. The end credits even began with an anti-spoiler message.

What I will say is that the film is very stylish and surprisingly unpredictable. I thought it was very gripping and well acted as well. I mean, that husband is a fucking shitbag and the actor playing him nailed it to get such an emotion out of me. While I highly recommend it, I have to say that it's only a borderline horror flick. I have no problem including it in this marathon but I could see others thinking differently. It's effectively a suspenseful mystery flick with some scenes that you could classify as horror. Those scenes were so effective (and creepy) that I could understand the classification. Check it out!

Verdict: 8/10

More_Badass is making us all look weak with his 13th review of the month so far and it only being the 5th of October. Seeing The Fly and The Blob back to back is practical effects heaven.

"Have you ever heard of insect politics?"

More_Badass is making us all look weak with his 13th review of the month so far and it only being the 5th of October. Seeing The Fly and The Blob back to back is practical effects heaven.

"Have you ever heard of insect politics?"

I'm batting 1000 after day 4, this is the best start I've had since I started doing this in 2011.

I'm batting 1000 after day 4, this is the best start I've had since I started doing this in 2011.

I've gotten behind more than a few times in previous marathons and have had to play catch up by doing double features and so forth. My biggest issue always seems to be staying up to date with the write-ups though. Usually by the end of the marathon there will be only a couple of days left and I'll have ten movies to write about. That's my main goal this year. To write something everyday and not get behind. So far so good.

8jpB0aQ.jpg

04) Possession (1981) (Oct 4)

I was considering my entire review of this one just being a GIF of Larry David yelling "WHAT THE FUCK?" but I couldn't find one.

I don't even know what to think of Possession. It consists entirely of shouting and screaming for 2 hours and I have no idea what the hell was the point of anything but was somehow completely enthralled even though I was squirming in my seat the entire time.

I'm only giving this a score now because I've committed myself to them at this point, but if there was ever a movie that required multiple viewings before forming an opinion, this is it. Highly recommended because it simply needs to be seen if only for how audacious it is.

Admittedly I did have some trouble deciphering a fair bit of the dialogue due to all of the shouting, accents and shouting with accents though. That did hurt my enjoyment a bit.

Rating:
yLv1TRE.png

out of 5 Bub salutes. (2.5 is considered average on this scale)

Steamlord

Anyone who likes Diabolique should watch Taste of Fear / Scream of Fear, a Hammer film that's similar in a lot of ways. Also Christopher Lee is in it.

kinggroin

Banned

Incredibly strong start, Jeepers Creepers really lives up to its name in how effectively it manages to tap into our most latent fears, really getting under your skin. While the last quarter of the film shows more than it really should, the film ultimately suffers very little for it; the ending, pretty much ensuring that Jeepers Creepers goes out strong.

Ridley327

Good news: my appointment with the podiatrist went really well today, and as a result of them being able to extract the offending ingrown toenail, which gave me a three-day weekend.

Bad news: apparently, once the numbness agent wears off in my toe, it's going to ache a lot, which potentially makes the most painful weekend for watching movies since the time I rewatched Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2. Oh well!

Another update!

Film for Oct 5 : Time to knock out one of the big mainstream hits of the decade! Though I refuse to type out the stylized title, since it makes no sense to call a film Se-Seven-En, Seven has been hailed as one of the great serial killer films of all time, thanks to its stacked cast of A-listers, gruesome and surprisingly giallo-like concept, and what many felt was David Fincher's proper feature film debut as a director. Long, long overdue, it's finally time to see what else is in the box...

October 05
Film #6
Howl

We've got a full moon and clear skies here in south east England. Time for a werewolf movie.

Train Guard Joe is having a shitty day. He didn't get the promotion he went for; the dickhead who did make supervisor forces him work a double shift in the wee small hours of the morning; he's unfairly abused by obnoxious passengers, and the coworker he asks out for a drink gives him the brush-off. But despite all that, his day is about to get dramatically worse. In the middle of a forest the train comes to a very sudden halt, having run into something lying on the track. By the light of the full moon, the driver gets out to investigate, and something stirs in the trees.

Howl has a clever, funny script, excellent performances – particularly from Ed Speleers as the put-upon Joe, and The Descent's Shauna Macdonald as an abusive passenger – and engaging characters, including one who is so fabulously repugnant you're rooting for him to be eaten from pretty much the word go. Some of the cinematography is also great; while mist, trees and moonlight have been put to work in thousands of horror films, they do look absolutely fantastic here. In particular,
there are a couple of times when the wolfpack surrounds people in the woods, and the wolves dark silhouettes coupled with their gleaming silver eyes, and the odd, disjointed way they have of moving,
makes for some beautiful and unnerving shots.

What really makes the film for me though, are the fantastic practical effects and brilliant creature design. The bipedal beasts are huge and monstrous, but retain more of their human looks than is often the case, which to me somehow makes them look more alien and disturbing than your average werewolf. These are creatures you definitely wouldn't want to be trapped on a train with.
Or even worse, as happens to one poor bastard, trapped in a train toilet with!

Criticisms? Well, there's some ropy CGI of the moving train early in the film, and much as I love the creature design, they look slightly more believable in the shadowy moonlight than in the harshly lit train interior. Also,
having the British horror movie legend that is Sean Pertwee be the first to die
is a shocking waste of his manifold talents.

Verdict: I do have to admit to a pro-werewolf movie bias, but this gory, funny film is British B-Movie brilliance, and is absolutely recommended. First contender for my movie of the month. I bloody loved it.

Films I've watched so far

8jpB0aQ.jpg

I was considering my entire review of this one just being a GIF of Larry David yelling "WHAT THE FUCK?" but I couldn't find one.

I don't even know what to think of Possession. It consists entirely of shouting and screaming for 2 hours and I have no idea what the hell was the point of anything but was somehow completely enthralled even though I was squirming in my seat the entire time.

I'm only giving this a score now because I've committed myself to them at this point, but if there was ever a movie that required multiple viewings before forming an opinion, this is it. Highly recommended because it simply needs to be seen if only for how audacious it is.
Might help to know that director wrote the screenplay in the midst of a messy divorce

Ithil

Incredibly strong start, Jeepers Creepers really lives up to its name in how effectively it manages to tap into our most latent fears, really getting under your skin. While the last quarter of the film shows more than it really should, the film ultimately suffers very little for it; the ending, pretty much ensuring that Jeepers Creepers goes out strong.

I thought the opening twenty minutes or so was particularly strong and promising, and felt quite disappointed when it devolved into silly monster antics and borderline slapstick for the rest of the film. It was like a switch was thrown as soon as they left the creeper's lair that changed the tone of the film completely.

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
Currently watching F13th part 6 and I’m pretty sure Jason only killed that first girl because she tried to bribe him with an American Express of all things. Like at least use the visa if you want to live

8jpB0aQ.jpg

Admittedly I did have some trouble deciphering a fair bit of the dialogue due to all of the shouting, accents and shouting with accents though. That did hurt my enjoyment a bit.

Rating:
yLv1TRE.png

out of 5 Bub salutes. (2.5 is considered average on this scale)

I think I read somewhere that it took years for the lead actress to get over her role because of how emotionally and physically draining the movie left her. Like it left her with some mental scars.

Hex

Banned
I actually kind of dug it. Reedus is really good in it, easy to forget the guy can act since he's mostly known for The Walking Dead. It's a nice little mystery/paranoia thriller that kind of reminded me of something Polanski would have done. It's not top-tier Carpenter but a good little flick.

Agreed. Great atmosphere through the whole thing.
Polanski is a good thought for it, because I got Ninth Gate vibes.

Toa TAK

Banned
And on the 5th day I saw:

5. The Blob

This film was a fun monster movie. The ‘88 remake has some great creature effects and it takes the idea of the Blob one step further with its gruesome depiction of what an acidic amoebic entity would do. Right from the title credits to the Brand New Love over the end credits, this movie is so 80s it hurts. It’s simple and hits all the beats and twists you’d expect but it’s a great take on the original b-movie.

Top Bottom