• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

343 industries announces a Beta for a patch for the MCC, delays it, then cancels it.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I wonder, are the same people that jumped to High Voltage's defense when their skills as a development studio were being attacked going to jump to 343's as well?

They have the capability to fix this. They just don't give a shit. They got everyone's money and now it's time to move on to Halo 5. I bet the ODST add on they release will be a complete mess too.

I think the problem is that most people are working on Halo 5 and there's probably a skeleton crew dedicated to fixing/maintaining MCC.

It's certainly not their priority in my eyes.

jelly

Whatever makes it work.

Relic seems far off. Hope the community exists for people to enjoy it. I still feel Microsoft are desperate for Halo 5 to ramp up and can slowly brush MCC under the carpet, partially fixed. Hope I'm wrong but money is being spent fixing it and they'll call it a day sooner or later when it should be a glorious collection perfection for the long term. Maybe for the 20th Anniversary in VR. Halo needs above and beyond attention, not that'll do, kinda looks like Halo.

What a mess this game has been. They really should have just gone with H2A and then released the other games as expansions to keep the hype train going until Halo 5...

Figments

I wonder, are the same people that jumped to High Voltage's defense when their skills as a development studio were being attacked going to jump to 343's as well?

Might as well get this out of the way now, then.

Something something the MCC was made by several different studios. Something something 343 barely had a part in it. Something something bagels.

If they give a shit, why did the game release in this condition? If they give a shit, why is the game STILL in this condition several months later?

The game was released too early, obviously. It doesn't mean 343i doesn't give a shit about getting it to work correctly now.

Seventy70

The Halo 5 BETA was more stable that the MCC. Think about that.
The game was released too early, obviously. It doesn't mean 343i doesn't give a shit about getting it to work correctly now.
I'm so glad they give a shit NOW, 3 months after people have PAYED for the game. That's just great.

KdMgMan

i don't get why people care though? it just the beta. Let them use whatever resource they have and actually fix the damn game.

Welp. That was a way to make them have no excuses for the upcoming patch but now, it will always be excuses. I was looking forward to the beta patch but anyways, hoping for the best.

Figments

If they give a shit, why did the game release in this condition? If they give a shit, why is the game STILL in this condition several months later?

Maybe the problem was, and continues to be, way bigger than anyone realized?

I haven't been on a QA team for long, but in that little time I did learn that there are sometimes big problems that rarely arise during internal testing.

Seventy70

So you now agree that they give a shit?

OK, they give a shit, but just barely.
Maybe the problem was, and continues to be, way bigger than anyone realized?

I haven't been on a QA team for long, but in that little time I did learn that there are sometimes big problems that rarely arise during internal testing.

That is just insane. There is NO WAY they didn't know the game was broken before release. There are way too many bugs in there. When the game released, you could play for one hour and you were guaranteed to encounter ATLEAST a few bugs. Still don't know why people defend this.

Pandy

So, if I'm reading this correctly:

"We were going to Beta test the patches publicly, but then we realised that rolling out the Beta test program was really, really, complicated.
Like, REALLY complicated.
Consequently, we've cancelled it until we can find the original QA and bug reports which clearly explained the issues and told us not to release the game in this condition."

Last part is a joke, of sorts.
In fairness, self-awareness is a step in the right direction, and it saves a load of bad press from having an even buggier beta test than the game was to begin with.

Bgamer90

Banned
They're doing this so the update can come out sooner. I mean, don't get me wrong, the game has MANY issues but I don't understand what's so bad about this news (outside of them changing their plans in a short amount of time).

It's sad that one of my favorite game series' has become such a joke :( . Halo was pretty much the only reason I wanted an X1. Here's to hoping MCC eventually gets fixed and Halo 5 turns out to be good.

hawk2025

They're doing this so the update can come out sooner. I mean, don't get me wrong, the game has MANY issues but I don't understand what's so bad about this news (outside of them changing their plans in a short amount of time).

Yes. Right.

Do you remember any other 343i product that didn't have a public beta so that it could come out sooner? How did that turn out?

Drencrom

They announced a beta to an unfinished game that was released months ago, only to delay it and later cancel it.

This is everything wrong with AAA-game development in one sentence...

E92 M3

Who would green light a Halo game to be outsourced to 6 different studios? That's just asking for trouble and to compound that with 343's horrible mismanagement. I don't know how these guys sold us a truly broken game and even had the gall to advertise it with the press by doing special "preview streams" and news articles.

They knew the game shipped broken - they knew and played dumb. I like Frankie and don't know how much control he had over this, but he knew too.

Compsiox

Banned

If it's Microsoft, it's bad news!

I take that we will probably never see a performance update for the single player if they can not even manage to fix the MP issues. It is pretty sad when Microsoft can not even spend the resources to get a remaster of its most important series right.

What. A. Joke. Seriously laughable.

There's no way I'm picking up Halo 5 day one after my day one/midnight experience with MCC. I was incredibly disappointed, and it's STILL broken. Fool me once...

_woLf

I defended this game at first but I think it's beginning to be safe to say that it has surpassed DriveClub/BF4/AC:U status...

I take that we will probably never see a performance update for the single player if they can not even manage to fix the MP issues. It is pretty sad when Microsoft can not even spend the resources to get a remaster of its most important series right.

I've only played 2 campaign missions and am still holding out for that performance update.

It will come!

Withnail

r5bkMz6.jpg

The MCC should've been such a beautiful thing, but instead it's just become such a lost cause for so many people, and apparently 343 themselves. They aren't solving this before Halo 5 comes out.

Top Bottom