• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

35 Minutes of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Xyber

That... was...awesome. I never played a Witcher game before. But i want this.
Incredibly well crafted world. And the music!!

Video didn't run very smooth though... was that youtube, my computer, or the game?

The video was stuttering a bit, yes. Probably has something to do with it being recorded at 30 and rendered at 60.

muzzymate

A 1080p gamersyde download too? I know someone who's getting LUCKY tonight!!!

Not me. Just me and gamersyde tonight.

jesus christ! they need to sort out the technical difficulties(the E3 demo had similar problems)
Of course it had similar problems because it is the E3 demo. Demos are a pain in the ass for companies. They didn't redo this exact same content to show again a few months later, they just used the same demo from E3.

Hedge

Hnnngh.. musn't.. watch.. spoilers.. hnnnhhgh

HHNGHHHH!

ibz03FL7so02PQ.gif

dex3108

So from October we will get four amazing RPGs in 6 months (Lords of Fallen, Dragon Age 3, Witcher 3 and Bloodborne).

Of course, I completly understand that. Thats not the problem im seeing. The problem is, that if they travelled to the novigrad outskirts like some posters are saying, thats NOT no mans land, and still the dev say it is (the heart of it, he even says). Of course its not going to be geographically correct to the maximum detail, but things like Brokilon, Yarra River and Cintra had to already appear in that map if that was really No Mans Land. We are not talking about some little details here, we are talking about a river with the same importance as the Pontar, the biggest and most important forest in the northern kingdoms and a destroyed city important for Ciri, and Skellige are just besides Cintra, so they are not that appart from the coast. And yet the only thing I see is a huge mass of water that doesnt even exist in any of the maps.
One thing is reescaling things for a game, something that is completly understandable, and the other is taking away important landmarks and putting some new ones.

Maybe the map is cut in zones and that is indeed only Novigrads outskirts, but then we have to remeber they told it was a seamless world without loading screens or chapters.
Still we need to know where places like Skellige, Vizima and Kaer Mohren appear in the map and how far they are from Novigrad.

Sorry to say it, but honestly, you are a unique, delicate flower in this regard. :p

99% of people won't notice the geography is wrong, because they don't know the world geography presented in the books and barely mentioned in other games (as both games were played in very small locations). From the 1% that will notice, most of them won't care a lot.

They will put some forestry area and some hills as you go south from Novigrad, eventually you will reach a more wasteland-y area, which they will refer to it as NML, and they will call it a day.

Bradach

I watched 15 mins and I'm totally sold. It looks brilliant. I'd happy wander the streets of that huge town just soaking up the atmosphere.

I hope it supports 3D vision like W2, that looked incredible.

Tigress

Man... I cannot wait. This video has done more to get me hyped than anything else I've seen. Especially after playing Witcher 2 which didn't really live up to my expectations after hearing everyone rave over it (I know I was warned it wasn't open world but it really like a linear game with some stuff to make it feel more open. And I disliked how you were coaxed into how you should play, you could only stealth if you went the stealth path for example).

Damn, now I'm (more) sad it's not coming out this year :(.

Denton

Ok finally finished watching the glorious Blim 5GB version.
If this game ain't declared GOTY everywhere it will be a crime against humanity.

Kezen

Banned
Ok finally finished watching the glorious Blim 5GB version.
If this game ain't declared GOTY everywhere it will be a crime against humanity.
GOTY on the basis of a video ? The Witcher 2 was a good RPG with plenty of room for improvement, I have no doubt The Witcher 3 will best it.

Decided to watch the Youtube version on my TV and I am glad I did.

I completely ignored the compression and just enjoyed the video from start to finish.

One word: atmospheric.

Holy hell. Dragon Age Inquisition is no competition when it will come down to best RPG overall.

Animations need some work but the lore, unique enemies and great storytelling even makes it fun just to 'watch' it.

They also were not kidding about the scope of the game. The game is huge and it looks like a lot of buildings can be entered.

This is no Skyrim. This promises to be a game that will be on #1 in the charts of the best RPG for the upcoming decade.

It seriously looks that good.

Nokterian

This was freaking amazing..the music so damn good. But holy shit how big is this world? It's utterly magical and can't wait to play it on my PC. They improved the combat by a huge amount and i like it. I am also more excited for this then well Dragon Age to be honest.

exat.gif

Sotha_Sil

Outside of some stiff animations, a superbly crafted game. The music, dialog, voice acting, art direction, level design, graphics, combat.... everything is looking great.

UnrealEck

Looking at the video again I noticed the fur on the head Garalt's horse is carrying is moving. Seems it's using the fur PhysX they use for the wolves too on nVidia cards.

PooBone

Game looks awesome. Love the art style. I hope there's more variety in music in the final game. That one track is already getting on my nerves.

It is pretty much the same soundtrack they used in The Witcher 2, though.

It seemed to me like all the music that comes with the preoder in GoG where new compositions. One of them is prominent in the end of the video.

My favorite is Hunt or be Hunted, but I'm guessing that one is reserved for Monster encounters like the Griffin (It did play for a bit on that trailer).

Raytow

Combat looks 100x than the mess that was W2 combat, sidestep, pirouettes instead of rolling like a moron to kite enemies.

Lucent

Game looks awesome. Love the art style. I hope there's more variety in music in the final game. That one track is already getting on my nerves.

lol Elder Scrolls style.

But yeah, they just need to make sure combat is fun and I think everything else is fine. I played the tutorial of the 2nd one at my friend's house and a little bit further. Combat felt really stiff and needlessly cumbersome.

Top Bottom