• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

360 HD DVD Player commercial

hgplayer1

Kolgar said:
hgplayer, you can get $10 HDMI cables from www.monoprice.com.

They're fine. An HDMI cable is an HDMI cable. I have one running from my upconvert DVD player to my 1080p set, and it's flawless.

ok makes things a little different. now the only question is how much of a difference in PQ is there between a upconverted dvd over hdmi and an hd-dvd over component.

Agent X

Kolgar said:
I'm just sayin', it's not an easy concept to convey to an audience who's viewing your commercial on SD televisions.

And sure, I don't expect my grandpa to get it, but the execution is imaginative. I like the way it approaches the problem and I still like the idea overall - despite the fact that I could give a shit about all that topsy-turvy urban dance shit. :)

The commercial is entertaining enough, but I think the message will be lost on people who are not already familiar with HD-DVD. It doesn't explain why a customer would want to get the HD-DVD drive, and what the advantages are.

I'm also not sure where they could effectively show this commercial, as it's almost a minute and a half long--too long for most TV ads. Perhaps it's going to be in movie theaters.

Jasoco

Banned
I don't need 1080 right now. I only have a 720 TV. So can I still use it (If I even got it, maybe in the bargain bin some day) on 720 through my Component? My VGA port is taken.

Rody

TheJollyCorner said:
:lol a joke?

If you consider that I'm on the 3rd colossus and that one of the key points of the fights is trying to find out how to get on the colossus, you'll get what I mean.

Jasoco

Banned
Rody said:
If you consider that I'm on the 3rd colossus and that one of the key points of the fights is trying to find out how to get on the colossus, you'll get what I mean.
Very late to the party. Guess what, the Princess is in another castle and Deimos floats over Hell itself. I'd say the time for spoilers has well passed. The game is a $20 Greatest Hit now for Pete and Pete and Ellen's sake.

Top Bottom