• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(360) Operation Darkness Site Updated

Thoren

Banned
This game looks so bloody ridiculous that its awesome, I mean you have like supersoldiers and turn based strategy on a battlefield and then suddenly you're fighting giant lizards!

bryehn

Looks cool to me. I'd play it for sure. Is there a demo on JPN Marketplace?

And whoa. D rating. Tentacle pr0n/decapitations?

ethelred

VERY nice box art.

bryehn said:
And whoa. D rating. Tentacle pr0n/decapitations?

Well, we've got vampire and werewolf Nazis, and there are apparently dragons in the game, too, so... who knows! :lol

It's pretty rare for RPGs/SRPGs to get ratings like that.

Karakand

Bless this thread for I did not know it existed. After seeing some screenies on RPGamer I was convinced this game is perfection incarnate.

icecream

Public Health Threat
Screenshots are also here on the main site. And they updated the Game Info, although having not seen it in a while, I don't know what was changed. Looks like they're still aiming for 2007. :D

4 player co-op SRPG over Live sounds like a nice idea though.

And wallpapers!
opdk02_800.jpg

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Although the production values aren't very high, it's an SRPG with an interesting premise, and I like SRPGs. I've had my eye on this one for a long time (watch the vids), but I'm not sure how such a niche game could ever come over to the West though :/

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
If Atlus USA plans on jumping on board the 360 anytime soon, I hope they do so with this title. It looks great and they have an ongoing relationship with Success because of their DS titles they publish here.

ethelred

RyuHayate said:
One of those characters looks like Kevin Bacon :lol

This adds an interesting new angle to Six Degrees of... games.

Now we can all sit around and figure out how many steps it will take to connect Dark Cloud 2 to Titanic.

Hopefully, this will make it state side (unlike Metal Wolf Chaos which I still can't get over the fact that that quirky game didn't make it stateside).

This is the type of game I'd expect to see if john Carpebter had a publishing studio. :lol Look fun as heck to me, I'd pay $60 USD for it.

ram said:
welcome to the dreamcast generation! that looks ****ing ugly.

This game looks a lot better than a dreamcast game. This is coming from a big Sega fan.
go home troll. Any word on the game coming to the US?

jimbo

Banned
Wow. Well that's fresh. It's the first I've seen of this game but it's very intriguing. Can't say I've ever played anything like this before. Bravo for originality. Will be keeping a eye on it.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Awesome box art, promising screens. I'm all over it. If it's at TGS this year as well, I'll be sure to swing by and try it.

I swear to god I didn't see it last year!

snack said:
The Nazi Vampire is awesome...not that a support nazis or vampires for that matter.

Well, they're awesome...TO KILL.

NovemberMike said:

What is with this whole 'glowing eyes' thing anyway? It makes no sense . . . your eyes are light receivers, not light emitters . . . if they are glowing orange, you wouldn't be able to see anything. And the glowing eyes sure give away your position in low light situations.

ethelred

jimbo said:
Wow. Well that's fresh. It's the first I've seen of this game but it's very intriguing. Can't say I've ever played anything like this before. Bravo for originality. Will be keeping a eye on it.

It's original in style, but in gameplay? You've never played an SRPG before? They're cool but this isn't exactly the first one or anything. First one on the Xbox brand, maybe...

speculawyer said:
Uh . . . what is an SRPG? Shooter Roll Playing Game?

Um... strategy RPG.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
This game is so crazy. You can just hear the executives throwing ideas around.

"Alright, we need to make a game that appeals to everybody worldwide. Any ideas?"
"Well let's see. Japan really likes crazy RPGs. America really likes World War II shooters."
"Hmmm... "
"Hey I've got it! Let's combine them! Let's made a crazy RPG set in World War II!"
"Brilliant!"

icecream

Public Health Threat
ethelred said:
They're cool but this isn't exactly the first one or anything. First one on the Xbox brand, maybe...
Unfortunately Ideaf's got that corner covered for a while now...

Dahbomb

LMAO @ those Naze Hellghast designs (I know Hellghast designs come from WW but it's still fun).

Also WTF is up with D-Cero rating? That is extreme for this type of game (SRPG).

Ok so in this game we have:

*Nazi vampires.

*Spiky haired, multi-color emo boy protagonists.

*Anime style big breasted females fighting in the military.

*Lolis.

*Werewolves and dragons.

*Has Strategy RPG game play.

So this is basically a JRPG set in WW2 time.. :lol

ethelred

Christ, guys, have some patience. At least wait for the game to be released in Japan before you pine too heavily over a US release -- because that's usually the proper order of things. If a while goes by after that and still nothing's mentioned, then you can sharpen the pitchforks and get the torch rags ready.

I still believe in the concept of general human decency and I don't think that NISA would really slather the market with Idea Factory shovelware and pass on something like this, so... we'll see.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
First I've seen of this game, heh, looks cool and its got an interesting premise... much needed relief from all these "serious" WWII takes. Leave it up to the Japanese, I guess :lol

Top Bottom