• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

360 Slim - $299. 250GB, built in Wifi. Available now.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Has anyone's unit shipped from Amazon yet?
It's been saying to expect delivery on the 17th since the 14th, but it's not yet even been marked as "preparing for shipment" or whatever.

Rainier

The Dutch Slayer said:
They should make a video of putting the new 360 in a heated room and letting it on for a long time "montage heating video" and not failing the video img.
Even I was barely ably to survive the back to back video montages unleashed on us today. Have some pity, my good man.

NIGHT-

Mejilan said:
Has anyone's unit shipped from Amazon yet?
It's been saying to expect delivery on the 17th since the 14th, but it's not yet even been marked as "preparing for shipment" or whatever.

I'm getting the exact same thing. I really hope it doesn't get pushed back to next week

btw has anyone seen any retailer pick up the transfer cable yet?

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
NIGHT- said:
I'm getting the exact same thing. I really hope it doesn't get pushed back to next week

btw has anyone seen any retailer pick up the transfer cable yet?

None have showed in the retail stores I have easy access to in my part of NY, either.
Wondering if anyone will get it this week.

I have the old transfer cable, so hopefully I should be good to go.

My store hasn't received any yet but I'm planning to get one as soon as they come in. I just sold my 60gb PS3 to a friend who's going to college and decided to wait until later this year to get a PS3 slim.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I should be getting mine in a little over a week, can't wait. I'm on a 20gigger right now so when I get the slim I will install every goddamn game I have on it day one and it shall be glorious.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Yeah, the rumour of a Gamestop deal is out there. From what I've seen:

$100 for a 360
$40 for the wifi dongle
$25 per wireless controller
$60 per 60GB HD

though, that's what I read at another message board. It's tempting, except the HD. Unless they'll let me transfer all my stuff :p

Lonestar said:

$100 for a 360
$40 for the wifi dongle
$60 per 60GB HD

though, that's what I read at another message board. It's tempting, except the HD. Unless they'll let me transfer all my stuff :p

Gamestop just dropped the price of the 360 again (used & new) so I would call GS tomorrow and check the trade in value. They do still have the special that will give you an extra $25 on the trade in value.

Lonestar said:

$100 for a 360
$40 for the wifi dongle
$60 per 60GB HD

Its true. It starts Thursday according to the email from corporate. Also note the new wifi adapter is $50. I'm not sure how long the deal is running though.

kaskade

Lonestar said:

$100 for a 360
$40 for the wifi dongle
$60 per 60GB HD

That is tempting. I don't know if I can let go of my 360 though, we've been through so much together. I think I'm going to give it to my dad, he'll probably use it for Netflix(maybe Kinect). Then at least I know it's safe.:lol

Demoncarnotaur said:
Its true. It starts Thursday according to the email from corporate. Also note the new wifi adapter is $50. I'm not sure how long the deal is running though.

Did your store get a email about when the systems are expected to come in?

goldenpp72

Mejilan said:
None have showed in the retail stores I have easy access to in my part of NY, either.
Wondering if anyone will get it this week.

I have the old transfer cable, so hopefully I should be good to go.

Can you PM me and tell me if it requires the disc? I have the cable but not the disc..

Lonestar said:

$100 for a 360
$40 for the wifi dongle
$60 per 60GB HD

Ah I was hoping this would pop up. I have everything on that list, plus a few games and a 20 GB HDD to trade in. I'm sure I'm all set! :D

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF I PUT MY NEW XBOX IN THE MICROWAVE FOR 2 HOURS THEN RUN IT OVER WITH A TRUCK?
"FAIL"

Anyways, I look forward to GAF impressions on this new device this weekend. I should have one in before the weekend next week when I get payed, sorry to advocate it but gamestop has a deal where you get an extra $25 credit on hardware so I'll trade in my current 360 before that ends to get enough cash money for it. This is easily my favorite thing from the Microsoft conference. <3

Alucrid

Banned
Lonestar said:

$100 for a 360
$40 for the wifi dongle
$60 per 60GB HD

Wait. That's the trade in value?

DasRaven

Alucrid said:
Wait. That's the trade in value?

Seems so, there's apparently an email going out on the deal. This is what I had hoped wouldn't happen having bought from Amazon.

But, by my tally I could trade up for less than $100 by dumping all my white accessories with my 360 and that will be enough to get me to cancel my Amazon order and eat the sales tax.

And then only if they will have stock on Thursday or Friday when I trade in. I'll go by my local Gamestop tomorrow and verify both the deal and the in stock date.

Alucrid

Banned
DasRaven said:
Seems so, there's apparently an email going out on the deal. This is what I had hoped wouldn't happen having bought from Amazon.

But, by my tally I could trade up for less than $100 by dumping all my white accessories with my 360 and that will be enough to get me to cancel my Amazon order and eat the sales tax.

And then only if they will have stock on Thursday or Friday when I trade in. I'll go by my local Gamestop tomorrow and verify both the deal and the in stock date.

Wow. Elite 360? Check. Wireless adapter? Check. Controller? Check. 120GB hard drive? Check. Goddamn, It's almost going to be paid off in full. I imagine the 120GB is worth a bit more.

Demoncarnotaur said:

So these trade in values aren't in effect until then?

Gamestop prices the different model 360s differently. Getting $100 for a launch style deathbox would be insanely good.

That deal in general looks nuts, they normally want box, controller, and HD for like $70.

watership

richisawesome said:
My old fat PS3 fell off my desk after my girlfriend stupidly knocked it over by accident. It fell on the floor, and carried on playing Uncharted 2 like nothing had ever happened. :lol

The disc was fine too.

Bluray spins significantly slower than the 12x 360 drive. The problem isn't one of design, but one of physics. The faster a disc rotates, the more force pushing outward. That force also is reistant to a change in attitude. Even if the insides of the 360s drive were made of soft materials, at 12x speed rotation the disk (7200 rpm) will leave the tray and scrape against the lense.

CougRon

You know I had been thinking of getting a new 360 and keeping my old 360 as a dvdplayer/netflix box for my bedroom, but if these deals from gamestop are legit, I might just trade it in and wait until next year to get a cheap brand new arcade to get instead. hmmm

JesseZao

I'd jump on the trade-in deal, but I want to transfer my files first. I'll probably just hold out for a price cut or Kinect bundle if the price is reasonable.

JesseZao said:
I'd jump on the trade-in deal, but I want to transfer my files first. I'll probably just hold out for a price cut or Kinect bundle if the price is reasonable.

If you have a USB flash drive, I think that would definitely be the best way to transfer save files. That's what I'm doing. :D

knitoe

That Gamestop tradein deal is tempting. Anyone know if you can transfer Microsoft extended warranty to another X360? Still got 2 years remaining on it. If yes, definitely going to tradein for slim.

FrankT

Lonestar said:

$100 for a 360
$40 for the wifi dongle
$60 per 60GB HD

Surprised they are doing this deal as I thought they just discounted used 360s, but I guess it is the real deal then confirmed above.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
WEGGLES said:
I love the comments and such

"It wasn't like he was tossing it around"

Why would you move it in the first place.

And one commenter said they're worried about getting a new 360 because of this?

WHY? Because you may pick up your 360 and rotate it 90 degrees on accident while it's booting a game?
Shit happens, dude. If I am playing Rock Band and I have a USB mic attached, I might accidentally move the console and ruin my game. I seriously can't believe MS didn't fix that shit.

DirtRiver

You guys are bashing Destructoid because of that video but come on, it's not that common sense.

Countless times has my PS2 been in the same situation, because of a fall or a stupid friend, but never has any disk been ruined because of it.

FrankT

Actually from CAG this looks like the real deal;

360 Slim $100 Trade Promo. Ends ????)

Originally Posted by Regian
I have the e-mail. Here's the deal:

The deal is good for a console with either a wired OR wireless controller. Also, it appears that accessories are being bumped up in value for trading towards a Slim. The values are as follows:

20 GB HDD - $30
60 GB HDD - $35
120 GB HDD - $40
250 GB HDD - $45
64MB Card - $10
256MB Card - $14
512MB Card - $18
Wireless G Adaptor - $40
Wireless N Adaptor DISC REQUIRED - $50
Wired Controller - $20
Wireless Controller - $25

Promo begins on Thursday and could last as long as three weeks. However, there is no expiration liated in the e-mail.

There you guys go.

-Yeti said:
If you have a USB flash drive, I think that would definitely be the best way to transfer save files. That's what I'm doing. :D

Same here.

Fatghost

Gas Guzzler
I want one but I really want to know about the HDD...if I can just stick a 500 GB off the shelf 2.5 inch SATA in the unit I'll be there day one.

Jay Sosa

Btw: You can preorder it on amazon.DE for 250€, I think I'll wait and see if there are any problems with this model and if it's really that quiet before I buy. And I'm hoping for some bundles.

I dunno whether or not I'll go with the slim. I guess it depends on how onerous the extra PSU on Kinect is. It would be nice to have a quieter 360 though, because I do use it to watch HD channels streamed through Media Center and its noticeable when I'm watching at lower volumes.

Cheech

The only thing that screws you is some of those XBLA games don't have save files you can copy separate from the main file. So, if I want to save my Magic save, I have to back up all 300 megs of game. Maybe the Gamestop guys would let me do the transfer in-store? :lol

I really have no need for this new 360, but IMO the best thing to come out of this, is the old 360's prices are dropping like a rock.

Walmart has the Arcade unit that comes with Viva Pinata and Banjo for $149 and it comes with a $50 gift card!! Bedroom 360 confirmed

Threi

notag
is the $100 for a 360 + a controller or just the 360 alone?

I have an arcade with a 20GB HDD and 256MB card that I wouldn't mind trading :D

But maybe before I say that I should ask does this apply to Canada as well?

Threi said:
is the $100 for a 360 + a controller or just the 360 alone?

I have an arcade with a 20GB HDD and 256MB card that I wouldn't mind trading :D

But maybe before I say that I should ask does this apply to Canada as well?

Not sure. When the Elite launched in 2007, GameStop in the States did a deal similar to this. However there were no such deals for EB/GameStop Canada.

mujun

So is there any info on this machine's reliability? Has MS made any guarantees regarding red ring and drive problems? I'm seriously considering trading in one of my machines and getting one of these babies, really dig the look and wouldn't mind graduating on from a 20gb drive :D

Sordid

Cheech said:
The only thing that screws you is some of those XBLA games don't have save files you can copy separate from the main file. So, if I want to save my Magic save, I have to back up all 300 megs of game. Maybe the Gamestop guys would let me do the transfer in-store? :lol

If a game doesn't have it's own save file progress is usually saved to the gamertag no? I'm pretty sure it isn't saved to the game file itself.

Top Bottom