• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3D Classics Super Hang-On announced for 3DS

BriBri

Releases 27 March for just ¥600
img_main.jpg

The most exciting news is that this appears to be the second (after the awesome Space Harrier) of four Sega 3D Classics...
tumblr_mjwchyZW4R1s2z1y6o1_500.jpg

Outrun next?
Sega site at http://archives.sega.jp/3d/sho/index.html
Nintendo listing at http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/eshop/jhaj/index.html

Still waiting for a UK date for Space Harrier :(

I wonder if we DO get Outrun, it will be relicenced, or maybe just the Shenmue version.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Both games so far have been available in 3D before so I guess the other two will be from this list:

Line of Fire
Maze Hunter 3-D
Missile Defense 3-D
OutRun 3-D
Poseidon Wars 3-D
Zaxxon 3-D

If I was a betting man I'd say OutRun and Zaxxon.

I wonder if EU and US will get all four of these on one cart? Might explain the total lack of information on them. I'd be happy with a collection on cart.

Both games so far have been available in 3D before so I guess the other two will be from this list:

Line of Fire
Maze Hunter 3-D
Missile Defense 3-D
OutRun 3-D
Poseidon Wars 3-D
Zaxxon 3-D

If I was a betting man I'd say OutRun and Zaxxon.

Zaxxon 3D was nothing like the arcade classic. It has no cache with people.

I'd bet Outrun and Afterburner are the remaining two.

@MUWANdo

Banned
I wonder if EU and US will get all four of these on one cart? Might explain the total lack of information on them. I'd be happy with a collection on cart.

3D Space Harrier has been rated for release by the OFLC, so Sega definitely intends to release 'em separately over here, it's just a matter of waiting for them to show up.

Sega 3D classics? Come on Dashing Desperados!

But seriously, I've never heard of either of those games. Are they any decent?

IrishNinja

SHIT YES! let's just get all the AM2 classics out this way.

wait, why do we still not have a date for yakuza 5 yakuza 1/2 HD PSO 2.0 vita Shenmue 3 pop up book kickstarter Space Harrier 3DS yet?

But seriously, I've never heard of either of those games. Are they any decent?

GOD what are they teaching you kids in school these days

Danneee

It would be nice if they released them all on a collection cart with some extras. Either way I will buy them all when they release them over here.

GOD what are they teaching you kids in school these days

Well, I haven't heard of Super Hang-On until very recently, and I only heard of Space Harrier from a friend who loved it, and I only remembered it because I love how he dies.

OutRun and After Burner, though... Those seem to be the real Yu Suzuki classics everyone talks about.

God this topic is making me think. Other than the obvious stuff like Zero Wing and Vectorman, what are some Genesis games I missed out on?

God this topic is making me think. Other than the obvious stuff like Zero Wing and Vectorman, what are some Genesis games I missed out on?

Zero Wing was obvious? :p

I guess Pulseman, for something not obvious. For other games, I suppose you could say Comix Zone, Contra: Hard Corps, OutRun: 2019, etc. But I never grew up with a Genesis, so...

IrishNinja

Thanks. I'll definitely browse through that. I know Sega has pushed out a bunch of compilation releases in the past. Are those worth checking out?

yeah, i got one on steam that included most all the others, that was great & had some rare/expensive titles in it. really though, if you get Sonic's Ultimate Collection (PS3/360 - its not hard to find for less than $10 these days) you get some of the most well known genesis titles, with a few master system & arcade classics unlockable as well. there's lots of 3rd party gems to be found - we talk about them over in that thread - but the majority of the best of their first party efforts that gen are all on one disc!

Top Bottom