• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3D World includes Luigi Bros. a Luigi version of Mario Bros.

Zee-Row

Banned
I wonder why Nintendo has never ported any of their Arcade games , Popeye obviously has licencing issues , same with Donkey kong but what about Punch-Out , Arm Wrestling , Radar Scope and Sheriff?

Eric C

Is it just a palette swap?

Or are the physics altered too?

Is Luigi slippery and does he jump higher?

What an awesome little bonus. So is this is a port of the actual arcade game or is it just a reworking of the NES version?

Yeah, is this based on the arcade game or NES version?

Elija2

They should have included a 4-player mode just to go along with the 4-player main game. That would allow for some really chaotic games.

b45c0842d02809785c6e692f2fbea2d0.gif

Mariolee

Kinda weird that they're cramming this game with a bunch of random Luigi's just because it's the year of Luigi. Imagine explaining the Loch Ness Luigi to someone. "Oh, when this game came out it was the year of Luigi. That's why there's a giant Luigi sprite swimming in the distance."

Who cares? It'd still be hilarious.

Kinda weird that they're cramming this game with a bunch of random Luigi's just because it's the year of Luigi. Imagine explaining the Loch Ness Luigi to someone. "Oh, when this game came out it was the year of Luigi. That's why there's a giant Luigi sprite swimming in the distance."

Looks more like slowly drowning than swimming to me.

MisterHero

I starting to have a feeling that when Mario rebooted the universe, he accidentally caused Luigi to be the primary brother.

Or maybe Luigi intended for that to happen...

RagnarokX

dJZ8dgY.gif

Do you think that's a reference to that Japanese meme where players get above the ceiling of 1-2 and squat on top of the coin counter to make it look like Mario's balls are showing?

Beating Super Mario Galaxy turns it into Super Luigi Galaxy.

Coincidence? I think not!

You could almost get away with this in the "Mind-Blowing Facts" thread.

After all, even when Mario tries to strike out on a new adventure (New Super Mario Bros. U), reality "fixes" it, crossing him out and putting Luigi in his place.

Erasing all but his hat.

hqdefault.jpg

Mael

Kintamario

Kintama is Japanese for balls.

f0NWWUR.gif

I had it wrong though. I think the squatting meme is just cuz it looks like he's taking a dump.

Balls of gold!
literally.
Damn it, seems like I've been buying Mario games all year!
And I still haven't thought of buying Paper Mario and M&L4...

MisterHero

You could almost get away with this in the "Mind-Blowing Facts" thread.

After all, even when Mario tries to strike out on a new adventure (New Super Mario Bros. U), reality "fixes" it, crossing him out and putting Luigi in his place.

Erasing all but his hat.

hqdefault.jpg
The image of a tea party only reads as sinister.

What darkness lies in the minds at Nintendo?

Top Bottom